A Garage As A Property

G37

So I spent a lot of time with a couple crew members last night just muling over the secondary property. We all have one and we all share the same secondary property. Del Perro. The new floor plan is great. The location near the beach is great. My only gripe (theirs too) was the actual garage opening itself. It's awkward. It's a small space. Larger vehicles come out damaged and the entering animation oftentimes has your vehicle slamming into the wall before finally going in. It's simply annoying and I cannot get passed it.

That said I decided moving would be a decent idea. I thought of Richard's Majestic. It's right next door to my Weazel apartment and has a new floor plan. It suffers from the same garage issues though. That got me thinking I don't need a second apartment and I don't like the location/traffic of your general Alta, Eclipse, Tinsel, Integrity, etc.

I narrowed it down to a couple 10 car garages. One is located in Murietta Heights and the other is on Greenwich Parkway at the airport. Both have very easy access from the street. Both are opposite my primary location on the map (I've arranged my cars fully now). Both seem to have short garage animations. Both have clear and flat entrances. Both are right next to a LSC. Neither are near a Gang Attack either.

I guess I'm asking about anyone who has experience as a 10 car garage as a secondary property, how is it? I don't play much in FR anymore, but if I did - I assume both areas are pretty quiet (I imagine the one by the airport is more so)? I'm torn so I'd like some feedback. Do you prefer one of these over the other that I listed?

Thanks for the insight. Don't believe I noticed a thread like this, if I did - apologies.

Some pics taken from Google:

Murietta Heights:

0_0.jpg

Greenwich Parkway:

GTAOnline_Unit_76_Greenwich_Parkway.jpg

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

ive got greenwich very nice a quiet, and i could prob spit on LSC its so close 

• Like 1

Future is nothing but a series of probability

I switched around from Eclipse to Integrity to Majestic last night and now today back at Del Perro. I don't mind the garage because it animates you around. I didn't last at Majestic because there is always a random npc car parked partially in the driveway.

I knew when we got dual properties that it would be a place and a separate garage. I first got the Poplar 10 car (the initial goal was Integrity and the new floor plan with this garage because of proximity), but the entrance is really odd and there is a quasi fence that is annoying. I have the 10 car around the corner in East Los....I think the most expensive one. The location isn't the best, but down the street from LFC and Ammu.

I'm in the same boat as pondering still. I don't like the distance between Del Perro and East Los, but at the same time was doing bounties and did like that I had access on either side of the map.

The original plan was to just have class specific cars in the 10 and daily drivers in the apt., but I haven't gotten around to rearranging...plus I'm buying new cars at a quick pace plus and am deciding if I instead want good cars in different locations should one be needed.

I thought I had a plan with the update, but seem uneasy as well with the plan. Ironically, as I'm messing around today I'm thinking of doing what you did of two places next door for simplicity.....which of course means I'll dislike it and want the space like I have now.

I think if I had the garages how I want I'd like my set up that you're going to more. I guess it's just preference since I thought it would be for sure the best layout. I will say having the empty garage at first and filling it up next to a LSC has been awesome.

I'm probably content until next DLC/update.

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

I forget where I live, but it's away from most people and has a large garage opening.  I'll post info & pics in a bit.

I got the most expensive place on the map -- and realized recently -- its the crappiest place I ever owned -- so I am going to change to a different place just not sure which one yet!...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I'm still divided on where to move despite the fact that we spent a lot of time yesterday researching the locations.  I don't spend any time in my actual apartment--I prefer to spawn in the garage--it saves me a lot of time in the long-run.  Therefore, I think I may opt for the same solution, and just trade Del Perro for a garage only space.

The one that Desuno bought (it may be the Murrieta one)--I can't remember the name--seems like a good place.  It's insanely close to a branch of LSC, which is where I spend most of my time in freeroam, so I may go with that choice.  My only complaint is that it's quite a drive from Weasel (where I moved after giving up my place at the Majestic) and central LSC, where we have our crew meets.

One thing is for certain--I think I'll make sure my garages are properly organized before moving.  It took enough time moving them between the Majestic and Del Perro.

For those of you considering the Majestic--let me offer you this advice: a slower car (like the Manana) cannot easily backout of the driveway if you try to enter and suddenly realize that you are driving into the wrong garage.  This happened to me last night before I sold the place, and my only solution was to drive far enough away and call the mechanic.  It was literally stuck there!

• Like 1

I picked a garage on the east side of the map down the street from the LCS shop over there, don't remember what it's called though. Nice access right off of the road and it's quiet over there so far.

kQ4fIRp.png

Yeah, the driveway at Majestic is terrible.....thin and walls on each side.

I actually really miss Eclipse because the garage was big, easy to access, and on a flat surface......plus it opens up to a three way street.

Piggy backing MLB about places (sorry if I'm hijacking G37) so that maybe it saves others money from learning like I did:

Eclipse:

Good- Perfect access, close to stores, front door and garage access are right next to each other

Bad- Most popular...so troll city, not centrally located, most expensive

Integrity:

Good- Centrally located...close to everything, cool view

Bad: Garage is all the way around back....not the easiest to get to, but coming out it generally spawns you in your car in front of the building. Being in the Financial District it's a challenge to get in and out of because of the double decker street

Richard's Majestic:

Good: Good centralish location

Bad: Driveway and garage access are terrible

Del Perro:

Good- Close to various stores, access out to main streets

Bad- Farthest west place, front door is not ideal to get to

I had Alta a long time ago, I think I remember it as Del Perro with better garage in and out. I haven't lived at Weazel yet.

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

No no not a problem, the more discussion the better.

Weazel is by far my favorite apartment.

• Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Im in majestic and popular Ln.

Same here. I like popular lane garage kinda tight to get into but almost across the street from lsc, however there is a second entrance much easier to get into. My race cars are there so I don't go there often. My freeroam cars are at majestic.

• Like 1

I forget where I live, but it's away from most people and has a large garage opening. I'll post info & pics in a bit.

I often forget where I live too! Both in game and in RL. Haha

I took up shop near the airport also but I've only ever drove through the doors once.

• Like 1

No no not a problem, the more discussion the better.

Weazel is by far my favorite apartment.

Yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself for not trying Weazel first. I think I've been in front of your garage before and liked the set up and access.

I already lived at Del Perro a while back, but seem set on the new  floor plan because no stairs.

Same here. I like popular lane garage kinda tight to get into but almost across the street from lsc, however there is a second entrance much easier to get into. My race cars are there so I don't go there often. My freeroam cars are at majestic.

One of these days I'll do the same set up. Seems ideal to have them separated like you do.

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

Yup I settled on Greenwich. So much space out there. In fact I sort of want to propose something.

OT though, it's great. The only issue is if you have MORE than 2 people in the same vicinity of the garage, the 3rd person will spawn all the way in the airport terminal lol

Yeah, switched to Greenwich earlier today when I ended up over there after a mission and started scoping the landscape. Loved the location, emptiness, and proximity to LSC.

Really happy with the purchase. Moved from the east to the west.

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

Unit 2 Popular Ln. 

It right down the street from  Murietta Heights. You can almost literally shoot at the LSC across the street. Right off a main artery, yet tucked away by the Maibatsu Plant.

Really like this location. The only bad spawn point I've noticed is it putting you out on the street, instead of outside the door. SCORE, because I was going there anyway!

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

I've got Majestic 51 (first apt) and the Route 68 approach (6-car). Haven't vetted out whether or not having a garage out in BC is worth losing out on 4 car slots, but I like it so far.

Also, the driveway in Majestic is nice for losing the cops - if you stand in the entrance zone and wait, they'll lose sight of you sometimes, and it'll take you right in.

• Like 1

After much consideration, I sold my place at Greenwich, and went with a double Weazel.  It just makes my life easier to have both garages nearby.  Only problem with having multiple properties at the same location though is you have to remember which car is in each garage--otherwise, it forces you to switch places with another car if you pick the wrong garage.

Edited by LN-MLB