The Red Pig Cup! - New championship starting in January

Mythaga

Starting in January will be a brand new GTS championship featuring the simply EPIC Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG ’71.
Otherwise known as the 'Red Pig'

*all the below is provisional and maybe subject to change

Car Setup

All cars to be 'maxed out' (max power, min weight)
Tuning allowed

Weight

A weight handicap system will be used throughout the series, and will change after each round based on championship position.
For the first round only, everyone on base weight (85%) then for every round thereafter:

1st = 100%
2nd = 97%
3rd = 94%
4th = 92%
5th = 90%
6th = 88%
7th = 87%
8th = 86%
9th downwards = 85%

Late/one off entry weight = 92%
If you miss a round you carry over the weight gained from the last round you did, regardless of your current championship position.
If you miss more than one round, your weight will be set to the late/one off entry weight (92%) for the rest of the series unless your championship position dictates it should be higher.

Format

Each round will consist of 3 races at the same track
Qualifying will start at 8pm UK time prompt
The lobby will be up at least 15mins beforehand for practice

Qualifying = 10mins
Race 1 = 15mins - Grid start (grid based on qualifying results)
Race 2 = 15mins - Grid start (grid based on finishing positions of race 1 reversed)
Race 3 = 25mins - Rolling start (grid based on finishing positions of race 2 reversed)

Fuel depletion x2

Tyre wear x3

Tyre choice is free for all races

Points gained from each race:
1st =  15
2nd = 12
3rd = 10
4th = 8
5th = 6
6th = 5
7th = 4
8th =  3
9th = 2
10th = 1
Fastest Lap = 1
Pole Position = 1

Provisional Calendar

13/01 - Round 1 - Maggiore West
27/01 - Round 2 - Laguna Seca
10/02 - Round 3 - Spa
24/02 - Round 4 - Autopolis
09/03 - Round 5 - St. Croix B
23/03 - Round 6 - Goodwood

Either contact me on here or via PSN if you wish to enter :classic_smile:

spacer.png

Results Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mUu568qb_uTEQJEs3tDSc2q8mmtaBH_leAWLgHCUSnQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 3

Looks cool Myth, give me nudge when the details are confirmed so I can promote/share. 👍

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been a real good event so far. Great to be part of it and even surprising myself with a 2nd place finish at Laguna Seca!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

This has been a real good event so far. Great to be part of it and even surprising myself with a 2nd place finish at Laguna Seca!!

Laguna is in GTS now?

I was thinking of re-installing after MCD’s messages the other day.Did he use the decal?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Laguna is in GTS now?

I was thinking of re-installing after MCD’s messages the other day.Did he use the decal?

@JuniorChubb Yes it is.

The points are very close after 2 rounds, been some great racing so far. If you want to join in let me know, you are more than welcome :classic_cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mythaga said:

@JuniorChubb Yes it is.

The points are very close after 2 rounds, been some great racing so far. If you want to join in let me know, you are more than welcome :classic_cool:

Might hop on... be prepared for some embarrassingly bad driving if I do. 

I installed GTS last night! Only took nearly 3 hours...

Didn't join as it was 8:40 by the time the game launched, then I discovered it was 2 million for the Red Pig!

Not got that kind of money but it’s only £2.49 to buy. I think a few other companies could learn from decent in game pricing like that.

Then I found out it not Red Pig until next week 🤣

• Haha 3

On 2/3/2020 at 9:33 AM, JuniorChubb said:

Laguna is in GTS now?

I am sure he will do. Cheers for setting it to all. I try to use it on modern cars when I can. You should definitely think about re-installing it though. 

eader CrazyKay19: Crew Notice !!! Muscle not repping FEAR and non linked accounts will be removed

8 hours ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

I am sure he will do. Cheers for setting it to all. I try to use it on modern cars when I can. You should definitely think about re-installing it though. 

eader CrazyKay19: Crew Notice !!! Muscle not repping FEAR and non linked accounts will be removed

I have re-installed, took ages so I missed last week. Didn’t get home until 9 yesterday so missed that too...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, thank you for having me last night. I suppose at the very least I didn't get in peoples' way but I think I need much more practice before joining in any competitions like the Red Pig Club so don't bother adding me to the scoreboards - I was a one off pay driver entry that it's better to forget. >.<

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andurron said:

Hey all, thank you for having me last night. I suppose at the very least I didn't get in peoples' way but I think I need much more practice before joining in any competitions like the Red Pig Club so don't bother adding me to the scoreboards - I was a one off pay driver entry that it's better to forget. >.<

Next week will be more relaxed, even I turn up occasionally for the non-championship nights. 👍

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Next week will be more relaxed, even I turn up occasionally for the non-championship nights. 👍

Exactly! The 'one-off’ nights are a bit more relaxed and fun! Hope to see you all next week!

• Like 2