Arty Stuff

doubleg213

Something that I am sure the likes of @Paulie @JuniorChubb may be interested in and I am sure a few others will be.

Thought this might be somewhere to share things anybody is working on, be they hand drawn/painted or digital or somewhere just to share various arty things you may find and be interested in.

First up from me, something I found via Behance, the guy does artwork by hand and then reworks them in Illustrator and/or Photoshop and does limited run prints of movie posters amongst other things.

https://www.behance.net/Anzelmgabz

The level of detail he gets is stunning.

3c33bf83304375.5d3843349b77b.jpg

47003c83304375.5d3b6aebf3de7.jpg

d2682a83304375.5d3b09b6f005d.jpg

d74b8383304375.5d3b81bd8d59d.jpg

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, doubleg213 said:

Thought this might be somewhere to share things anybody is working on, be they hand drawn/painted or digital or somewhere just to share various arty things you may find and be interested in.

55 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Nice G 👍

Will try and get something posted here myself, is our own work suitable?

Edited by doubleg213
  • Haha 1

So tempting to edit you post to just say yes... or maybe read more carefully in the future?

Anyway seeing as I am always talking crap about Illustrator to you G maybe I should share something of a semi-decent quality rather than just being all talk.

I created this Boba Fett Illustration from a photo of a vintage Boba Fett toy many years ago. I created one in Illustrator then changed the colours in Photoshop to create Holiday Special (left) and Prototype variants (right). Please forgive the last minute watermark.

C847AA05-047C-494E-970D-820CFB09E259.jpeg

As these were created in Illustrator you can zoom in with no loss of detail which is pretty s*xy...

5899EB67-946B-46BA-B935-DEA3F2E325F7.jpeg

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about giving some of my Fortnite pics a Pop Art feel, however this will require some effort...

Until then I just applied some ready to go filters and ended up with this, I was pleased with the result even though it was not exactly what I was aiming for...

Munitions-Expert2.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I was thinking about giving some of my Fortnite pics a Pop Art feel, however this will require some effort...

The Belga Audi thing I was working on is still miles away, although I've not looked at it since we went through skewing the logos on the roof. Going to finish that one and then work through to do something similar with the M3s which I can then use to to just keep the same base and switch out livery ideas on. 

The Belga Audi thing I was working on is still miles away, although I've not looked at it since we went through skewing the logos on the roof. Going to finish that one and then work through to do something similar with the M3s which I can then use to to just keep the same base and switch out livery ideas on. 

Pull your finger out and stop mucking about on the farm!

• 3 months later...

Not been doing much, the only stuff I've used Illustrator for has been actual work and not even stuff that was interesting at that!

Got some ideas of stuff I want to get working on once I am into next semester at Uni and once I am back to having even more free time beyond that.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:18 AM, Paulie said:

I saw one of my favorite Van Gogh paintings this friday for the first time for real, I think it such a cool work for that time.

I can’t see it because of the work network Paulie...

I thought you might like this though, made it in Fortnite Creative

9EB1E5C2-A553-4AE7-B335-B4E3922BB1A2.jpeg

• Like 2

For a game which has such crappy graphics when you play it the outputs from the editing side are remarkably detailed. 

The graphics aren’t that bad, but the replay editor definitely helps you get the most out of it. I have wondered what it looks like on PC with all the settings ramped up though.

I added a filter in the replay editor that adds a black outline too.

4 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

I can’t see it because of the work network Paulie...

I thought you might like this though, made it in Fortnite Creative

9EB1E5C2-A553-4AE7-B335-B4E3922BB1A2.jpeg

Wow that looks really cool Chubb! Even better than the real painting imo 😃

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Something I was working on before the 1st semester of Uni this year s*cked the life out of me.

This is what prompted the pop art thing Chubb did, as just like my tracks and suggesting Blue Ruin he's always one step behind a true trend setter like me.

It's going to be a thumbnail/intro screen for a video showing the livery that I've just started working on again this afternoon (see sentence 1), stuck at the moment until GT Sport updates as I want some more 4k renders of the livery for it so I can try and do some Ken Burns style pans and zooms on them to try and really get into the detail on the decals and what not. 

It's a mixture of using the Cintiq I had on loan from Uni to get the detailed bits accurate blended with a low-fi version of the original image to got for a semi-painted/hand drawn look.

Had much more grand plans intended for it, but at this stage I just decided I'd not finished anything in Illustrator or anything in ages so it became a bit of a "f*ck it that'll do" and I'll move on.

Intending to do something similar but with a more accurately drawn M3 and do a set of them with all of the old Group A liveries eventually. 

01 - VIDEO SCREEN.jpg

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

This is what prompted the pop art thing Chubb did, as just like my tracks and suggesting Blue Ruin he's always one step behind a true trend setter like me.

One step ahead in the mind... just a step behind in production 😉