Personality Test

ScottyB

Whoops bad wording I meant the types of my friends cover all four groupings XD I have always been an ISTJ the only change being I used to score extremely high on the introvert and thinker scale.

My best friend (since childhood) is an INTJ, we are very different but it works. She is not interested in behaviour though unlike you. I personally love observing people, how they act, what their body language is saying.

Feeling that you don't fit in could definitely increase interest in personality typing, for me it was more of a learning endeavour, knowledge is power after all. I have known extroverts who don't feel they fit into society but perhaps their lack of interest in such tests is a) think it has as much substance as horoscopes and/or B) their preferred way of understanding the world is not to reflect internally and read screeds of text but to go straight to learning via experiences with other people and/or c) this subject is just not interesting to them. This isn't restricted to extroverts either as most of my introvert friends don't care about personality tests. If you look at mbti forums I will say that the introvert forums are more active than the extrovert forums but this may be more to do with preferred mode of communication i.e. online (introverts being more comfortable with a barrier there) vs in person (stereotyped as the realm of the extroverts)

You make some good points and they would all be true depending on the individual. Most of my knowledge is through my limited experience so I should probably get out and meet more people instead of just judging them :P

Introverts are interested in understanding themselves better since we don't always feel we fit into the norms of society.  We live in a very extroverted world.  I find I'd rather stay in my house all day and not be bothered with the overbearing and obnoxious behavior of the general population.  It might just be because I live in a big city and it's Las Vegas... full of obnoxious tourists and residents.

That's a big reason I am really into this stuff bcause most of my family and friends are extroverts and I always tried to fit in and it just didn't feel quite right.

The problem though is that I took it to the extreme and thought it was ok not to do anything or see many people and that becomes very lonely. We are social creatures and we all need to have a fair bit of contact with people and have intimate relationships otherwise you end up becoming lonely and depressed.

I have avoided going out and being around lots of people for a long time and now that I have started again, I really do miss it. I could never go out and stay out for as long as other people do and will always need my alone time, but it's super important to stay connected socially and in a face to face context, not just online otherwise you start to lose your mind.

On a funny side note, after reading more about these traits it's good to understand that it's kind of normal to do certain things. I've always had some strange personality quirks that most people around me don't get which left me feeling a bit isolated. What I just read about comparing thinking vs feeling and intuition vs sensing types explains why I clashed with my ex when trying to talk.

She would always start rambling of little details (like most people do) and I have no idea what she was talking about. For intuitive types, you need to present the ideas first and then draw out the details (if they ask for them). Being a thinker instead of feeler, I prefer to keep things brief and to the point and get easily frustrated when people ramble on and she did the opposite all the time.

These probably sound like small things, and they are not hard and fast rules but more of a base line to the way we process things. Unless you're aware and willing to consider other people's communication styles are different from yours and compromise on a middle ground, then there will inevitably be problems.

Put simply, if your communication styles are too different, it makes it very hard to feel a proper connection and to be understood by them.

On a business level, all this information can be used to effectively communicate and build a strong rapport with clients so all this stuff is extremely valuable knowledge in all areas of your life :)

Sorry for typing so much :P not really though, I find it interesting and love talking about it haha.

• Like 3

scottyb1988.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ScottyB

• Jaggy

• Pb76

• Skorpion