Can anyone identify some music?

Pb76

I'm looking for someone who can identify a piece of music, I know I know it, I may even own it, but can I hell remember it or find it. I've used google to no avail. Shazam is fucking hopeless......Can anyone help?

The music begins in the background of this vid (BBCs tribute to Rik Mayall) at 47.11......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Q-6-bfLgE&sns=em

Damn you PB !

Now I'm not gonna rest until I've found it ....

Been thinking about Lamb, Angelo Badalamenti, Paul Higgs, Philip Glass, Wim Mertens, ... just can't put my hand on it, though I've heard this before ...

Check with Vanweeezy or Maha. Maybe they know ...

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Hehe, should have known ...

Saw them live a few years ago @ Pukkelpop:  goose bumps all over even on a hot summer's eve :)

While we are at it, check out Fever Ray and The Knife. If you like Sigur Ros & Co., you're definitely gonna like these guys !!!

Swedish/Scandinavian old skool Viking stuff meets NA Indians:

The elektro version of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O-wZrQFJSA

It's a Swedish brother and sister duo. Brother is the main guy behind The Knife, sister is behind Fever Ray and they work together on both projects with the emphasis on one or the other. Saw Fever Ray live and it is simply one of THE BEST gigs I have ever witnessed. Dark misty podium with the misses dressed up in mysterious NA indian dress (Buffalo pelt/mask), nothing but shades, brilliant laser show (all kinds of shapes flowing above our head, ...). Downright EPIC ! If you ever see these listed where you live, DO NOT hesitate !

The Knife is also quite awesome. Old skool elektro with a bit of industrial influences, eclectic, tribal influences, ...  very danceable. Live that is ;)

Edited by ronin
  • Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I like it. Just been reading about them and saw that she'd collaborated with royksopp, which reminded me that royksopp and another Swedish singer covered an old depeche mode song.....

Edited by Pb76
  • Like 1

Yep, yep :) Royksopp is definitely another noteworthy band ! Didn't know these guys cooperated, but then again, it doesn't surprise me at all !

The basics of the song you posted actually remind me of Wumpscut. Mind you, this is some hardore german elektro/industrial/metal from the nineties ... you know, back when I still had (long) hair, combat boots, skinny jeans, Arafat scrafs and military vests :D They had some extreme super hardcore industrial elektro going on, but at the same time 'he' also made some laid back, slow elektro/ambient/industrial stuff. Check out Rudy Ratzinger ;)

Edited by ronin

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg