GTA V Time Trials Rules

doubleg213

rules01.jpg

PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ ALL OF THE RULES.

KEY POINTS ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN ORANGE BUT EVERYTHING SHOWN IS OF RELEVANCE.

rules02.png

This year the championship will consist of 3 seasons as well as the overall championship.

Season 1 : Spring(ish) Time Trials - 4 rounds  - 8th March 2019 to 9th June 2019

Season 2 : Summer Time Trials - 4 rounds - 10th June 2019 to 1st September 2019

Season 3 : Winter Time Trials - 5 rounds - 2nd September 2019 to 15th December 2019

rules03.png

The points system for each round will be as follows:

1st: 100

2nd: 99

3rd: 98

4th: 97

5th: 96

Continuing down to one point for 100th place. In the frankly impossible event that we had more than 100 entries everyone else who enters would receive one point.

rules05.png

You must complete the event on your own so that no advantage can be gained by exploiting the catch up and slipstream mechanics.
It's is only your FASTEST SINGLE LAP TIME which counts, you can run as many or as few laps as you want as your overall time will not be counted.
As part of the Race Club series I intend to run as a separate entity, we will sometimes include the Time Trials as part of the night and these times will be added by me automatically. 

Discussion of the track, corners and car selection on the thread is fine. No revealing of Lap Times is allowed on the thread until the results are published.

When submitting your lap please submit using the following format as well as your image:

User: doubleg213
Crew: VANS
Car: Comet
Time: 1.2.345

Laptimes should be submitted to me (doubleg213) by PM before the given deadline for that round.

You can submit as many times as you want, as long as your final submission is in before the deadline. In fact I prefer early submissions as if you don't improve on your times it makes life easier for me on deadline day rather than being inundated with messages.

NOTE: WE MAY ALSO INCLUDE SOME QUALIFYING RESULTS IN EVENTS SUCH AS SUNDAY RACING LEAGUE PENDING DISCUSSION WITH LANN TO DECIDE HOW WE DO THAT.

rules06.png

OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP

1st place: Hall of fame, forum award and choice of vehicle for one round in 2020.
2nd place: Hall of fame, forum award
3rd place: Hall of fame, forum award

Best Newcomer: Hall of fame, forum award.
This will include anyone who only contested one round last year.

Most Improved Driver : Hall of fame, forum award..
This will go to the driver who shows the best improvement on either the previous year or a marked improvement as the year progresses.

Note: Awards may change as things get sorted out with Hatch.

There will also be some prizes at the end, but this could be good bad or non-existent depending on what I can beg, steal or borrow this year. I have two prizes ready, so hopefully, we'll do OK for this.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

Not fully certain on that as yet, I largely intended to try a few different models on that this year in the background to decide if I bring back Crew vs Crew next year.

• Like 1