GTA V Race Club News and Updates Thread

doubleg213

header.jpg

Greetings, this is the spot to discuss Race Club events.

The first rule of Race Club is that you do not talk about Race Club.

The second rule of Race Club is, actually you should probably ignore rule 1 or no one will join.

Like the Time Trials for various reasons, I ended up not running these during 2018 (my total event count was 3 or 4 including VANS events down from 50 or so per year previously).

Race Club events will dovetail with the Time Trials to hopefully give added value should you need to buy a car for the Time Trials, hopefully, you should end up in profit.

This will mostly be one-off events, however, I do have intentions for some ongoing championships which will take place over a number of weeks.

The focus is on contact racing with clean driving expected and enforced. With lag, over-exuberance and drivers sometimes not being used to each other (i.e. anyone who has raced with me regularly knows to expect I will be sideways where I shouldn't) accidents will happen but we'd like to keep them to a minimum. Repeat offenders will ultimately end up kicked or not invited in future. 

I shall post a basic rules list as a pinned thread, unless it is otherwise stated in an event thread it is assumed that those rules will apply. 

More to follow in the near future!

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 4

A flavour of some of the events I have run as Race Club.

The Trophy Truck Tarmac Trophy, something I really really wanted to run and thought would be great, but it didn't quite work out sadly. It made for a reasonable video though.

Any incidents which look like I may have not followed the points in the racing rules post are purely examples of things you shouldn't do.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 2

Or something for those who would prefer something a bit more refined and suitable for wearing a white suit. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

Or something very different (which I will be running fairly early on) some Autotesting in GTA, I intend to run another next month and then following on from that maybe do something down the line with some more complex test layouts if people are interested. 

Not quite as well done as real Auto Testing, but it's not too shabby.

• Like 1

I’ll be up for a bit of Race Club once you are up and running, they are always well run racing events.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 minute ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

The rules for race club 😂😂😂😂

The first rule of Race Club is...

• Like 1

Just sharing a video of one of the Autotest layouts we have used in the past...

I've been around for while but I never really took part in Time Trials. I think I always thought I didn't had the time for it to do some serious laps but now realising a round runs troughout 3 weeks I will definitely put in some effort 😅 and I heared so many positive and great stories and stuff about the TT's so this year I will certainly attend! Looking forward to the reveal of the first round tomorrow!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I've been around for while but I never really took part in Time Trials. I think I always thought I didn't had the time for it to do some serious laps but now realising a round runs troughout 3 weeks I will definitely put in some effort 😅 and I heared so many positive and great stories and stuff about the TT's so this year I will certainly attend! Looking forward to the reveal of the first round tomorrow!

Nice Paulie, but this it the Race Club thread 😂

• Haha 1

Hahaha oh nooooo 😅 yesterday I wanted already to post some stuff but I was too drunk so today I probably mixed it all a bit up 😅 all these different threads is hard to grasp with slight hangover 😅

Edited by Paulie
  • Haha 1

The 3rd rule of Race Club is that you should post about TIme Trials in the Tme Trials section!

1st race club event will be the "Dukes of Blaine County" which I intend to run on Friday 29th March.

The format will be a mixture of some oval/stock car type races, normal bog standard races, at least one race featuring a significant portion of gravel (it is the Dukes of Blaine County after all) and maybe one or two more silly races with an American / Dukes of Hazard kind of feel.

2nd event up will be an Autotest on the 12th of April. 

I will have details up for the Dukes one later this week, probably Thursday.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trashbags said:

Is Race club still on tonight  GG feeling any better today 

Yup, 20:00 GMT, hopefully see you there 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Next Race Club event to follow Auto testing is up.

At the moment I expect things to be a little slow between here and GTAF as we get back into the swing of running regularly.

So, as things stand as long as the signup list isn't just me on my own every event WILL run no matter what while we establish things again.

Edited by doubleg213

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that we should by rights be having a Race Club night tomorrow.

However, since finishing Uni I've been a bit busier than I originally expected/planned, working on some stuff for events in general, going forwards and will announce what's to come once we get there. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

780w?1410995824

New stuff will be up shortly, unfortunately had some stuff going on and as I'm only fairly recently back to GTA creator I don't have quite the same level of "off the shelf" event building at the moment.

Updates shall be coming through mon freres. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Results are now done for the Elegy event.

Remember there is also the Kuruma Cup available as well. Both are linked in the post above. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Switching to a Saturday for the next two events which will hopefully make it easier for some people to attend.

Two events scheduled already, the Brioso Cup may give you a subtle hint as tot he next time trials vehicle, if you're intending to attend Race Club events in general I'd advise subscribing to this thread as I'll post updates for any upcoming events in here anyway. 

Following that will be a p*sswasser Dominator versus Sprunk Buffalo event which I am currently working on the poster for, this will hopefully be up sometime today. I also have a Hellfire event all planned out and artwork ready, which will be slotted in as soon as they give us the car.