Can I play my Epic Games Store version of GTA 5 online account on Steam's GTA 5 online

Random User

So, I was thinking of buying GTA 5 on Steam, and I've been playing GTA 5 online for almost three years using the Epic Games Store. Now, my question is: Can I play the same GTA 5 online character that I used to play in the Epic Games Store version on the Steam version? I mean, our GTA Online progress is stored in a Rockstar account, so I am confused. Can anyone answer my question?

Yes. As long as both games are linked to the same social club account you will be able to switch the character over.

Let me guess, got the free version on Epic and you like playing the game. Like most everyone else though you don’t like epic and want it off your system? 

I still need to remove it from mine. Installed earlier this year when my son got me interested in Fall Guys. That interest quickly faded though and now it all just takes up hard drive space, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 12:18 PM, Random User said:

@SinisterThanks for your reply, sir. And what about the achievements? How can I unlock them again on Steam?

Not 100% sure on that but I believe it will cross over since it is tied to your R* account. One Reddit thread I came across said it all unlocked for them a few minutes after their first log in.

I played the game using just the R* launcher and had a modded account that I do not want to attempt to move anywhere else. I played for years on console but dumped it all for PC and did not want to start over. I’m naughty though and use a menu. PC hackers and advertisers make the game a pain in the *ss on that platform and a menu lets me avoid it all.

‘I don’t use it to be an *sshole at all. So if you need a friend my ID is Sinister120x

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2023 at 2:06 AM, Sinister said:

Not 100% sure on that but I believe it will cross over since it is tied to your R* account. One Reddit thread I came across said it all unlocked for them a few minutes after their first log in.

I played the game using just the R* launcher and had a modded account that I do not want to attempt to move anywhere else. I played for years on console but dumped it all for PC and did not want to start over. I’m naughty though and use a menu. PC hackers and advertisers make the game a pain in the *ss on that platform and a menu lets me avoid it all.

‘I don’t use it to be an *sshole at all. So if you need a friend my ID is Sinister120x

sure, thank you 🙂

• Like 1