What makes you proud of your home town/city/county/state?

Smoggy

I come from a deprived area in the North East of England but now we've finally got something to be proud of - The most "sweary" part of the UK  :lol:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/10/do-you-live-in-the-most-sweary-part-of-the-uk-4863406/?ito=facebook

And it got me wondering, what makes you lot of f**king c**ts proud about where you come from or where you live?  :D

Edited by Smoggy
  • Like 4

smoggy1979.jpg

Ha :D I'll see your Al Pacino, and I raise you a Ridley Scott :lol:

The bleak, industrial landscape close to where I live was the inspiration for a lot of scenes in Blade Runner. 

He wasn't actually born here but moved here at a young age with his family after the second world war so it still counts  :P

I've just been reminded to add this, shameful that I didn't already 

RIP Tony Scott, another great director

Edited by Smoggy

smoggy1979.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have nothing good to say about here on the east coast of England! I moved up from Brighton which is a great place to talk about. If I could i'd swap blighty for the tropics.

The people you're friends with in real life. You can't find them in another place, because they're one of a kind. Does that count?

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)