Stealing Midnight Oil

G37

Finally decided to take a legitimate crack at the Capture Creator. I've dabbled before but never took something from start to finish.

It's straightforward and it's not overly long or difficult either. I honestly probably spent more time creating the title, description and photo. It's a neat creator with a ton of potential left entirely up to the imagination. I hope to make something a little more complicated but completely reasonable in the future. (I wish RSC told you the type of Capture it was and most importantly I hope it functions as intended).

Regardless, here it is:

Stealing Midnight Oil

Type: Contend

Additional Link: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/mlaj1E29vUaVfR8v9zLG9A?platformId=2

acbeco.jpg

Any feedback would be excellent.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I really liked this one.  I also think you made the right move with changing the spawning to re-spawning in a vehicle.  There didn't seem to be much (if any) traffic, so finding a vehicle was definitely a task.  Only other suggestion, and this may be more of a personal taste, is perhaps put some weapon pickups near the center of action.  Reason being is that we are no longer re-spawning directly at the base where the weapons are located.

I'm looking forward to more of these. :)

• Like 1

Must agree with LN, one of the better captures I've played.

Fast, intense and fun, really liked the distance between the base's, you had the opportunity to steal the bag from the other team before they got back to their base, but the distance wasn't to long if you know what I mean.

The spawn in the car's makes the intensity it needs, long walks and waiting is what turns me off in captures anyway :)

Good job buddy :)

I've played a few of SS' captures and they're much the same way (style), and it's something I like. They're quick and require no explanation, only some fluffy narrative if you so choose.

It's really lame the weapon limit in the capture creator is .. 20. I only have 1 armor piece per side, the rest is evenly split with weapons all at each team's base (positioned near the vehicles and some a few paces away). I thought about doing that MLB however I didn't want to promote camping around the bags and death was fairly quick anyway. That might be something I'd look into, perhaps a weapon or 2 midway.

I thought about keeping respawns on foot (traffic is set to medium and for me, there was always a vehicle around) and to prevent vehicle pile ups. However to help speed things up (it's decently paced as was IMO anyway) I elected to use vehicles as respawns. So I think it works.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Yeah, the 20 limit is absurd.

That makes sense about the camping.  Midway would be good though. :)

If you want to do away with the vehicle spawns, maybe set the traffic to high.  I know that vehicle spawns render differently at times, but R* seems to always have not enough traffic when I want it or too much when I don't want to see it.

It's a great capture though, and even without the changes, it works well.