What sites do you use to create Decals

al_ka_seltzer

I use 
vectorizer.io to convert JPEGS svgomg if I need to lose more kb.
I here some use Inkscape to trace images, but having tried it I found it a nightmare.

There are some awesome Decals out there, but whats the best system for you?

• Like 1

I usually create what I need in Adobe Illustrator, time consuming but it yields some great results.

I will occasionally use a site like you mention to lose a few KB of an SVG though.

Illustrator feels so unnatural when you start using it but once it clicks it is a great tool.

Edited by Hatch
fixed word filter
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

3 hours ago, Paulie said:

Illustrator only! I do also wonder how some people create such detailed svg's within the 15 kb limit 🤔

Now the 'Rpelace Decal'  option is there its easy Paulie. Just break your image down into smaller parts and rebuild in Livery Editor.

SVG boundaries/dimensions  are marked by their vectors though so you have to ensure they all get imported the same size as each other. I do this by placing a dot in each corner of my workspace and making sure they show when I save to SVG.

See below (I have increased the size of the dots and made them black to make it clear)

Layer 01

BubbleGum01.jpg.036e10536977fb04a0d6702b535dd336.jpg

Layer 02

BubbleGum02.jpg.37a733f33dc85ba8ef87f4a05971862f.jpg

Layer 03

BubbleGum03.jpg.934eec3e73c21ae6f08b60e09671f72a.jpg

Final Result

BubbleGum04.jpg.1364efa1d297a709b89bb5e2ad152a59.jpg

You just place one decal, duplicate it, then use Replace Decal and it will fit perfectly, no resizing required.

Edited by JuniorChubb

Yeah that's a good option. But some guys seem to get the whole Princess Bubblegum in one file for instance 😅

I think the Jap's have their own funny little tools for it! 😅 

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Yeah that's a good option. But some guys seem to get the whole Princess Bubblegum in one file for instance 😅

I think the Jap's have their own funny little tools for it! 😅 

Link me one in a PM Paulie... I wanna have a look.

Edited by JuniorChubb

The trouble with the tracing sites is they often layer really badly and you end up with way too much of a file size on them, every line and background for instance will be drawn as an individual shape while if you do it from scratch you can drop the file size by having a much less detailed background with it's boundaries hidden by the detail on the top layer.

svgomg is pretty useful but I only really use it to str*p out the extra file data if I have a logo which is borderline on the size. If you are up at 50kb+ then it will only ever really get your file size down by really killing the quality on it. 

Edited by doubleg213