Loot Grab

Mailbox_Bomber

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/Mailbox_Bomber/games/gtav/jobs/job/J-s6F4ehhk6eEJcULHOjUg?platformId=2

Inspired by Smugglers Run, this capture involves two teams of Smugglers fighting for three sets of contraband located in a trailer park, on a hill, and near the river. The bases are placed close by, but are separated by a steep hill. Base campers beware, though, your employers have spared no expense hiring only the best to defend the loot you're to deliver. Local rednecks and Lost gang members may try to protect loot that dropped in their area, though they should pose no real threat. 

Any and all feedback would be much appreciated for this is my first Capture

• Like 1

Just played it but only with one other person. I hardly seem to ever get many people to join jobs I host..

It was fun and can't wait to try it with a few people

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

This was a lot of fun, but yeah, Scotty and I played it as 1 vs 1.  With a full lobby, it should be really awesome.

Scotty - it's hit or miss, but when hosting, try starting in a public lobby session and use auto invite and click all the available invite selections.

NPCs didn't seem to be too powerful, but that can be a good thing sometimes. :)  With a full lobby, I would imagine some really good battles taking place along the main road back to the bases.

• Like 2

When I played, I just ran a Rebel down the beach from the lower (towards beach) base. Rebel was able to jump both creeks and get up behind the capture objects. Nobody on the other team ever really gave me an issue. If I wanted to, I was able to just run back and forth real quick. You may think of placing some concrete barriers along the creek to force people up to the road. I noticed the other team was also able to go up over the hill to get back to their base, so that may even it out a bit....but the beach was flat and simple. It'd be great if people were forced to go to the road or go way out of their way to get back to base. 

• Like 1

CDpIRad.jpg

When I played, I just ran a Rebel down the beach from the lower (towards beach) base. Rebel was able to jump both creeks and get up behind the capture objects. Nobody on the other team ever really gave me an issue. If I wanted to, I was able to just run back and forth real quick. You may think of placing some concrete barriers along the creek to force people up to the road. I noticed the other team was also able to go up over the hill to get back to their base, so that may even it out a bit....but the beach was flat and simple. It'd be great if people were forced to go to the road or go way out of their way to get back to base. 

And that's exactly how Smugglers Run was played! I appreciate the feedback, but that's kind of the point. :P

At that point it turns the game into something race-like. I'd add barriers and such but you're not allowed to place as many as would be needed. Plus I like that freedom of playing it how you want to instead of forcing a deathmatch such as on the bridge or the fork in the road. The game I was trying to emulate was strictly a driving game, but unarmed it would be boring as hell, so you could say the focus here isn't on killing. It is grabbing the goods before the other team does, and allowing players to take whichever route they desire back to base means less people camping on the road to gun do down as you drive by. It can still happen, but it would be more difficult to do. 

Just played it again and unfortunately only with another person, but it was thinking if you were to only place one bag in each so that it will force a bit more competition when there is a full lobby.

scottyb1988.jpg

• 1 year later...