Greg the Corsa - Progress Thread

Aslad

Hello - for those of you that don't know me, my name is Aslad, I'm 19 and from the UK 🙂

I recently compiled all my many, many photos of Greg the Corsa (my car) and thought I'd introduce our American friends to the life of young drivers in the UK, where astronomical car insurance makes driving anything with an engine above 1.4l very expensive. Hell, my 1.2 litre, 85 horsepower hatchback still cost £1200 to insure in the first year of driving with a black box - to put that into perspective, the car is probably worth about £2500.. £3000 at a stretch. Anyways, since I have all these photos now I thought I'd share my 'progress' on it since I first bought it back in June 2017. 

Since it's such a tiny engine, and insurance is extremely expensive anyway, I haven't and don't intend to do any engine modifications to it. Strictly visual or interior mods for me 🙂 The car in question is a 2011 Vauxhall Corsa D SXi (Pre-Facelift), which has been nicknamed Greg. 

Dealership's advertisement picture of Greg from February 2017:

FYqxSJK.jpg

Picking Greg up (June 2017):

EqaihMr.jpg

And thus began nearly two years of small, visual detail modifications, which I'll put in a spoiler below to avoid spamming too much 😛

Spoiler

The first thing I did was to add Footwell LED strips in both the front and back of the car:

f5wCpAY.jpg

9gbaZXj.jpg

Next up was some red pinstriping across the front bumper. 

s4f2Sj4.jpg

And then a shark-fin aerial:

2vWcz2c.jpg

That was it for a long time, until I moved to university in September 2018:

P4zZbPh.jpg

This is when I decided to do a bit more with the car, since I would be hanging on to it for the next couple of years at least. Firstly, one which I'd wanted to do almost from day one - a touchscreen stereo, which helped modernise the interior of the car greatly:

hwF4UQX.jpg

FiQtxjD.jpg

Next up was Plastidipping the chrome section of the front grille. Plastidip is essentially spray-paint that forms a sort of plastic coating when dry, meaning it can be peeled off if you mess up or decide you don't want it anymore. 

o4e5Z9u.jpg

IMTnIQh.jpg

After this, I managed to source a genuine Vauxhall spoiler from an old Corsa SRi. It was the wrong colour, but I had it resprayed to colour match Greg.

RWC9N3Y.jpg

E1HJTVo.jpg

MrkQDQN.jpg

ZVoBcyF.jpg

While it has no performance function, since it's a front-wheel drive hatchback, I think it gives the car a better look and nicer lines.

Next up was some more detailing, in the form of wind deflectors, tinted side indicator repeaters and some metal door pulls from a Corsa VXR to replace Greg's scratched plastic ones.

XBOyhvf.jpg

7YMTwTH.jpg

asnsoxA.jpg

I then also had the car's dashboard lights changed from the horrible orange colour to a far nicer blue:

dK5Yn5Y.jpg

I attempted to vinyl wrap the interior to give it a nicer, more unique look, but a combination of poor quality wrap and my terrible practical skills meant this didn't work particularly well so I took it off again.

TmHoMZg.jpg

KgiEpH5.jpg

And finally (for the time-being), I got my hands on some second-hand aftermarket "Devil Eye" headlights, which feature daytime running lights and just a nicer, cleaner look in my opinion:

d0j3qGX.jpg

IhXbI5k.jpg

TaWxDFg.jpg

That brings us to now, and this is what Greg currently looks like:

Nx8FzpG.jpg

rO4n3tY.jpg

While it might seem a waste of time to spend so much money on a small, powerless hatchback, it's something I enjoy doing, and fun to learn how to 'tinker' on cars even if it is very little in the way of mechanics. And yes, it's a very chavvy car that I've made even chavvier, but it's my chavvy car 😛

Hope you enjoyed 🙂

• Like 2

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

The life and times of Greg the Corsa documented for eternity! 

• Haha 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Tinted windows and gangsta rims to follow...

When is the next update due?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Tinted windows and gangsta rims to follow...

When is the next update due?

depends what other chavvy aftermarket part next appears on eBay or facebook market I suppose 😉

That being said, I have a list of things I'd like to do at some point..

-        VXR Indicator Surrounds 

-        Partial Debadging - remove Corsa and 1.2 badges.

-        LED Taillights (e.g. in spoiler)

Spoiler

-        VXR Pedal Covers (£20+ on eBay) and metal SXi door sills

-        Custom Steering Wheel (e.g. https://www.swheels.co.uk/21-vauxhall-opel?page=2l)

-        Custom Spark Plug Cover

Edited by Aslad

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

8 minutes ago, Aslad said:

one more for fun..

PjRSza3.jpg

It's like mafia's ps4 w*t dream, lights on, wheels turned for a pic 

• Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

21 hours ago, Aslad said:

one more for fun..

PjRSza3.jpg

Greg looks a little s*xy there Salad...

De-badging would be my next choice, probably as it’s the cheapest on the list. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Greg looks a little s*xy there Salad...

De-badging would be my next choice, probably as it’s the cheapest on the list. 

I'm sure I'll get round to it eventually 😛

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

1 minute ago, Aslad said:

I'm sure I'll get round to it eventually 😛

All you need is a hairdryer and some elbow grease...

A s*xy young lad like yourself must have a hairdryer, it’s essential for nights out in Ugly 😉

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

May or may not have gotten my hands on some new Greg artwork lmao

Wish I could say I drew it but I did not 😛

ed5JezS.png

WFZUJjl.png

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

thats well smart that is salad!

Might get my hands on one of my Qashqai, big f*ck of dent an all!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, Aslad said:

May or may not have gotten my hands on some new Greg artwork lmao

Wish I could say I drew it but I did not 😛

ed5JezS.png

WFZUJjl.png

I wish you had drew it, would send ya pics of my truck to draw

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

43 minutes ago, Hatch said:

I wish you had drew it, would send ya pics of my truck to draw

The person who did it is on Instagram & Facebook along with plenty other artists, if you're interested I'll link them for you?

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

• 9 months later...

So an update nearly a year on!

Greg is still with us without skipping a beat, only thing to have gone wrong is the coilpack which is a well-known fault and an easy fix 😄 plenty has been changed on the car, mostly in the form of small details, but I have a list of all of these which I'll stick in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

• Aftermarket DNA tail lights
  • Extremely rare adaptive steering headlights with LED retrofit (my old Devil Eye headlights failed my MOT so I got rid 😛)
  • Custom SXi Dials
  • VX-Line Spoiler (with the rest of the bodykit currently being painted)
  • Android Touchscreen Stereo
  • Full interior piano black trim / fascia conversion
  • Full interior SMD conversion
  • Sequential / Sweeping side repeater indicators
  • Genuine VXR side repeater surrounds
  • Genuine VXR pedal covers
  • Rare genuine Corsa E SRi VX-Line gearstick with rare 5-speed insert (almost all of them are 6-speeds)
  • Plastidipped Grille
  • Gloss Black Sunstrip
  • LED Footwell Lighting
  • Autobeam LED Sidelights, Number Plate lights and Interior lights
  • Silvatec chromed indicator bulbs
  • Shark Fin Aerial
  • Pinstriped accents
  • Team Heko Wind Deflectors
  • Vauxhall Chrome Dustcaps
  • 4D red/black number plates
  • RGB Foglights

As I've said before, there is very little to be done on these engines to increase power and the gains from those are extremely minimal (1-3hp max) so I've not bothered. At the moment I'm hunting for some 17" alloys but money is tight so I doubt I'll get round to those anytime soon. There's very little left that I want to do with this car as I want to upgrade sooner rather than later to something faster. I'm quite tempted to get a Hornet backbox, which makes the car sound a bit meatier without being asbo loud. Same goes for lowering springs since I can't afford coilovers 🤣

Enjoy some pics!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

And if for some reason you really are interested in this thing, I do have an instagram for it 😛

@blacksapphire_sxi 🙂 

• Like 2

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

19 minutes ago, Aslad said:

spacer.png

Salad's interior > My interior:

Spoiler

qIr7UdU.jpg

7ficz7J.jpg

ylklO9I.jpg

RjIVIcs.jpg

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Salad's interior > My interior:

Hide contents

qIr7UdU.jpg

7ficz7J.jpg

ylklO9I.jpg

RjIVIcs.jpg

mine is pretty muddy too (though not that bad lmao), just some camera trickery 😛

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

1 minute ago, Aslad said:

mine is pretty muddy too (though not that bad lmao), just some camera trickery 😛

I have a dog that likes puddles alot, that's my excuse

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Aslad said:

So an update nearly a year on!

Greg is still with us without skipping a beat, only thing to have gone wrong is the coilpack which is a well-known fault and an easy fix 😄 plenty has been changed on the car, mostly in the form of small details, but I have a list of all of these which I'll stick in the spoiler below:

Reveal hidden contents

As I've said before, there is very little to be done on these engines to increase power and the gains from those are extremely minimal (1-3hp max) so I've not bothered. At the moment I'm hunting for some 17" alloys but money is tight so I doubt I'll get round to those anytime soon. There's very little left that I want to do with this car as I want to upgrade sooner rather than later to something faster. I'm quite tempted to get a Hornet backbox, which makes the car sound a bit meatier without being asbo loud. Same goes for lowering springs since I can't afford coilovers 🤣

Enjoy some pics!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

And if for some reason you really are interested in this thing, I do have an instagram for it 😛

@blacksapphire_sxi 🙂 

No car in their right mind would hang out in the snow like that. Euro cars and their crazy things...

• Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

3 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

No car in their right mind would hang out in the snow like that. Euro cars and their crazy things...

I most definitely didn't get caught in a snowstorm and get stuck in a mountaintop car park... promise 😛

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

So had to replace the backbox, and had been considering a Hornet backbox for a while so took the leap and got it... it's louder than I wanted, but does sound very nice, if not a bit ASBO 😂

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)