How long have you been playing GTAO?

JustHatched

As the title says, And, if you had to start all over again would you?

I've been playing since 2 weeks after launch. I would not start over, can't imagine being a total noob in this game at the point it is in. Back then the biggest threats were Lazers and Rhinos and you didn't have to have a ton of businesses. I get ticked at my in game phone going off for the couple things I don't own, I would throw my controller at it if I had no businesses and it ran every 2 minutes.

actual_1393891424.jpg

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Ahhh the simple times of early GTAO.

Was an off and on player for the first few months, until I found the bunch of wasters known as the VANS, although saying that I was there before the current crop, probably making me the waster!!!

Never been too bothered with all the businesses etc, keep my warehouses full for double money selling to keep me in cars etc!

Would I start again would I F......

• Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I had given up on the game, finished story mode and moved on to soemthing else.

My neighbour kept banging on about online it so I gave a go... been hooked ever since.

Joined VANS so I could find some people for my son to play with, especially if I wasn’t around to keep an eye on him.

Im still here, my son lives on Fortnite now 😂

Lazers and Rhinos... d*mn I remember it was mental if someone in a session had a Rhino, now it’s a useful as a chocolate saucepan.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Haha 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I have been playing since launch, initially just freeroaming collecting cars and selling Ballers.

It took me 6 months before i found xdbx and realized there were more people like myself out there playing the game. It took me a minute to feel right at home as i posted my introduction.

Would start over if i had to, but without the grinding.

ohh and why is my name pink?!

Edited by Lann
  • Like 3

I started playing online for the first time just before the cunning stunts update after my brother hounding me to go online a week later I joined the VANS and haven't looked back     

Now event nights are the highlight of the week  

I Myself would not like to start again but my daughter will be soon for the first time 

Edited by Hatch
fixed word filter
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lann said:

I have been playing since launch, initially just freeroaming collecting cars and selling Ballers.

It took me 6 months before i found xdbx and realized there were more people like myself out there playing the game. It took me a minute to feel right at home as i posted my introduction.

Would start over if i had to, but without the grinding.

What color you want it to be?

• Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

2 minutes ago, Hatch said:

What color you want it to be?

Thought i was the only one, feel alot better now when noticed we are all (almost) the same. Fine as it is thanks!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lann said:

Why do I have to be Mr Pink? 😂

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I began playing GTAV the day it was released, which happened to be my birthday, September 17, 2013, in fact up until September 16, I was still deathmatching in GTA4. As soon as GTAV went online in October 2013, I began my Deathmatch adventures never expecting to befriend so many amazing people. The only regret I have is not being able to stream until the PS4 came out since by then no one was clicking on my DM tips or DM Commentary videos, I really wanted to teach people to get good at Deathmatches.

Yes, I would start over but would skip out on a lot of stuff like the Yachts, club, and multiple businesses.  Especially with the current state of RDR2O, I would restart GTAV in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

On and off on various accounts since 2014 I believe, back on PS3... 

Didn't start playing properly until I got a PS4 in 2017 though. 

• Like 2

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

Im playing Gta5 from February 2017, SOFS member from summer 2017, SOFS leader from summer 2018,  lvl 880 by now. 

I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME

Edited by Waxman __007
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Waxman __007 said:

Im playing Gta5 from February 2017, SOFS member from summer 2017, SOFS leader from summer 2018,  lvl 880 by now. 

I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME

Good to see you here Waxman, welcome 🙂 

Been playing since day one. Made a small crew consisting of me and 2 mates before finding The Devils Within a couple of months later. If I had to do it again I probably would but maybe not waste as much dosh on useless crap.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Lazers and Rhinos... d*mn I remember it was mental if someone in a session had a Rhino, now it’s a useful as a chocolate saucepan.

I remember grinding missions so hard to get to level 85 to buy my first tank. Was so exciting! 

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

9 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

I remember grinding missions so hard to get to level 85 to buy my first tank. Was so exciting! 

Rooftop Rumble over and over...

I also had a playlist with the same mission 16 times on it, the one with the Cargobob. The grind was real...

• Like 1

I started 3 months after the game launched. Played with a guy from work and his friend and realized how much fun online multiplayer could be. But they didn’t play much and solo seemed toxic so I realized I need to find a good crew. Found Domestic Battery Gaming a few months later and have been having the best time playing the same old game for 5 years!

• Like 2

I logged on when it first started and created a character and pretty much ignored it for 2 years. Then I started playing it more, found XDBX and became addicted to the game. Finally shook the addiction (for the most part) a few months ago but still find myself drawn to the racing side of things.

I thought for sure that I would be abandoning the game for RDO but quickly found out that wasn't going to happen. So I'll stick with racing and the occasional Sat playlist with my crew.

• Like 3

Jumped straight from story mode to online when it hit and played for 3-4 months before getting bored. Gave it another shot a few months later looking for a crew and found XDBX which prolonged my GTAO experience by more than 3 years. Not too bad at all.

Been done with the game for a good while now but still rolling with the crew, just in the late 19th century.🤠

• Like 4

I've been playing GTAO since April/May of 2014. I ventured off into online mode once I was aware of it. I didn't even finish story mode until late 2016. I wouldn't mind starting over with a tight knit of players. LOVED THE PS3 DAYS.

Been playing GTAO for almost 5 years now.

I understood from day 1 in Online that I had to find a great group of people to play it with, otherwise would have just got the most out of single player and thrown the game in the corner. It took me about 9 months of playing it on/off a bit until I realised there were some rather large (~100+ members) crews playing the game, so I finally started looking for the most organised and mature ones and luckily found XDBX at around the time the first heists were released. IIRC, heists were what finally pushed me to look for a proper organised and active crew, because most of us probably know what heisting with randoms is like 95% of the time...

Still playing to this day thanks to the crew. Without XDBX I would have probably managed to play all the other hundreds of games in my PS library, which have been just sitting there and collecting virtual dust for the past 5 years, but I would have missed out on the best social gaming experiences I could have ever asked for, so no regrets there.

Would I start over from scratch in GTAO? Not in GTAV's Online, no way. Unless it's a theoretical question of "would you do it again if you could go back in time", in which case YES! If I just lost all progress and had to start with nothing from this moment on, I would rather continue with the 20+ online games in my various libraries waiting to be played. In the next GTA title, though - absolutely!... just not without XDBX. 😉

Edited by Protocawl

Played day one, well kind of.. if you remember the character resets.   I remember meeting Nkaujrog and her panto.      I miss the dots that would not identify whether someone was in the air or in car.      

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since release. At that point in time a bunch of us were in a gang called

"The Lost Kings"

We we're on the GTAF for a few months and built up the family there before launch. We had problems with a few folks and the mods so we had our own forum made. Come release the game began and it was cool at first.

The crew was painted in red clothing and cars and it was awesome to hang out with everyone. I remember the first session saw us cruising around trying to find what apartments we could sn*tch up. 

Next morning I spent a session riding a BMX in the LS River with one of the other members. Later on the evening a member managed to unlock titan of a job and we started spamming the hell out of replay to cash in and rank up lol.

The simple times. Things didn't stay that way though. The simplistic of hitting generals stores and hanging out hitting up ballas etc. Was starting to get old. 

Members got fraustraited with GTAO not having everything Rockstar had said would be avaliable not being there from launch.

Eventually numbers starting to fall. I even ended up investing more time talking to the folk on the forum than on the title itself. Then as times evolved I kinda jumped back in and out as we evolved as a crew. 

Would I do it all over again today? It depends on the circumstances. If I was in the situation I was at launch. 100%. Knowing I'd have the chance to right So many wrongs and poor decisions. If I was a solo player... I'd like to think so. But I don't whether it would be too much these days. There were always threats but these days it's on a different scale. I probably would if I found a crew I could dedicate to.. or if I had the peeps to start my own.

Edited by TheWordIsMarc
  • Like 2