Do you smoke weed?

JustHatched

4 hours ago, Con said:

The oil is lethal!! its 90% THC. I'll post a pic of the box when I get home. Thats only for night use and Movie time. But my stuff averages 85% THC so I can't complain but when he gets me that WW....i preserve it.

How do you know the concentration? Because it is impossible to tell even in the same leaf, let alone de same plant/species! Besides, 85% Of what? Of the plant? Of the leaf? Of the essencial oils in the leaf? Of what? And is that p/v, p/p, v/v? 
Even if you consider the best of those instances, 85% is still higly doubtfull. Maybe just the THC/CBD concentration could give those values (in any instance, because they have similar molecular masses of around 314g/mol). Still, that would need to be a very, very well researched and genetically modified strand. The regular Sativa is the one with the highest concentration of THC and that is around 25%... maybe a very modified Kafiristanica?? 

Mind you, I am just trying to understand what the marketing is like in the business, and checking to see what the regilar consumer actually percieves has a good and a bad strand, and what they want in it. Take into account that CBD is the main source of beneficial medicinal properties in the plant, not THC, but its the THC that gives you the kick... 

Edited by Spinnaker1981

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Con

• Spinnaker1981

• Abizaga

1 hour ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

How do you know the concentration? Because it is impossible to tell even in the same leaf, let alone de same plant/species! Besides, 85% Of what? Of the plant? Of the leaf? Of the essencial oils in the leaf? Of what? And is that p/v, p/p, v/v? 
Even if you consider the best of those instances, 85% is still higly doubtfull. Maybe just the THC/CBD concentration could give those values (in any instance, because they have similar molecular masses of around 314g/mol). Still, that would need to be a very, very well researched and genetically modified strand. The regular Sativa is the one with the highest concentration of THC and that is around 25%... maybe a very modified Kafiristanica?? 

Mind you, I am just trying to understand what the marketing is like in the business, and checking to see what the regilar consumer actually percieves has a good and a bad strand, and what they want in it. Take into account that CBD is the main source of beneficial medicinal properties in the plant, not THC, but its the THC that gives you the kick... 

No,  Cannabis "oil" can be that high in THC.....actual THC and not THCA. THCA is the cannabinoid that is in the flower. THCA is converted to THC during smoking or another heating method. THCA will not get you high. Various extraction methods, too numerous and complicated to go into here, can leave a product of assorted cannabinoids and terpenes. Legal Cannabis "oil" is not cut with other products, other than terpenes extracted during the process or other plant terpenes like various citrus terpenes.

The highest THC cannabis strains are hybrids and usually Indica dominant. You're over a decade old on max THC in plants. Breeding and methods of growing have FAR surpassed your figure.

FAR more research is needed to find the usage and extraction methods of all the cannabinoids in cannabis. There are at least 113 cannabinoids present in marijuana.

Marketing marijuana in it's various forms is as complicated as understanding the plant itself. I think Branding is key in both the production side as well as the sale side at a dispensary. Successful  dispensaries marketing methods vary by regions and state jurisdictions. Do diligence in researching the market area you're interested is an absolute must. I think the best chance for success in a dispensary would be in a opening market, but that would highly depend on the controlling jurisdiction and how well the laws, rules and regulations are written.

If I were to get into the growing side of cannabis, I would exploit the artisanal and high end market. Small, but highest quality grows and on the cutting edge of genetics.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

4 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Light weight! :default_crazy:

I try to not smoke too much that's all! 😛

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

11 hours ago, Abizaga said:

I try to not smoke too much that's all! 😛

I'm still a lightweight! LOL!

Like I said earlier, I use it to help with pain management 99% of the time. As with all my meds, I take a small break from it. It helps keep my tolerance level down so that I don't have to increase dosage levels on anything that I take.

That's what non-crybabies with chronic pain do. If I had done what the VA had wanted me to do, I would have already died from opioid OD or being shot from a dealer or COPS. Chronic pain and getting older ain't fer p*ssIES!

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 7/10/2020 at 10:17 PM, zztop911 said:

If I were to get into the growing side of cannabis, I would exploit the artisanal and high end market. Small, but highest quality grows and on the cutting edge of genetics.

IsJwotQ.jpg?1

And you would make millions. Guys like me are after those products. I wish I had a place like a vape lounge I could meet friends at with Card scanners and the whole jive. The future could be bright if they let us. 

Edited by Con