Do you smoke weed?

JustHatched

4 minutes ago, Con said:

People are too weak here for them to legalize heroin and hardcore drugs. Our society would collapse even further.

If you give cannabis to someone with a history of schizophrenia, yeah it could make it worse. Give cannabis to me and I guess according to "studies" I will become schizo after long-term use? Well, its been 30 years of heavy usage for me and the negative effects better get here fast. 

Who said that? :D No, that is not what I said.

The same way that the fact that you smoke raises the stroke risk factor or the cancer risk factor, smoking weed raises the mental disorders risk factor. It is not a sentence, its a raised risk factor.

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Con

• Spinnaker1981

• Abizaga

27 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Who said that? :D No, that is not what I said.

The same way that the fact that you smoke raises the stroke risk factor or the cancer risk factor, smoking weed raises the mental disorders risk factor. It is not a sentence, its a raised risk factor.

Yeah I’m not buying mental disorder studies unless they come from Israel because they have been studying the plant for 50+ years now. If people are concerned about long term mental disorders then why are we still selling opioids. That’s what I want to know. 

1 minute ago, Con said:

Yeah I’m not buying mental disorder studies unless they come from Israel because they have been studying the plant for 50+ years now. If people are concerned about long term mental disorders then why are we still selling opioids. That’s what I want to know. 

Because the pros are more than the cons? (pun intended...) :D

It is a matter of weighting the risks and rewards. in the opioid balance, the rewards outweight the risks so we use them.

Edited by Spinnaker1981

18 minutes ago, Con said:

I don´t want anything to be missing, a pier review made by Israely scholars

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323441560_The_Effects_of_Cannabinoids_on_Executive_Functions_Evidence_from_Cannabis_and_Synthetic_Cannabinoids-A_Systematic_Review/download

This was a study, but I cannot get access to the full text.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29069624

Edited by Spinnaker1981

There are many examples of where man has extracted the active ingredients from various herbs and plants where the results has been basically positive. Aspirin is a fine example. My opinion is that the various opiate extracts DO  have  serious downsides.

Cannabis could very well be in the same category as opiates if the vast different elements are extracted. My Grandmother was a pretty good herbalist. I wish I'd paid more attention and inquired more into the things she said.  I'll always believe that cannabis, when used for medicinal purposes, is best used in whole form and ingested orally.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Smoked it from age 14 to 30, pretty much every day, the strongest stuff I could get my hands on (cheese, stardog, gorilla glue, etc).

It seems innocent enough for years and then the reality of the damage it does will kick in eventually.

I used to defend it at every opportunity, would ignore the negatives and try to glorify any positive, same as any other smoker will, but one day you'll get the light bulb moment.

With the man-made stuff on the streets these days, there are no positives. It's not natural anymore, because people want the strongest stuff available. So any testing is near irrelevant due to such high THC levels in what people are smoking.

Most smokers are in denial about the risks, damage and the amount of money spent. Often take criticism of cannabis personally, etc. I've been there too.

Honestly, quit while you can is my advice. It's a situation that you can't win. You'll either go broke or things about you as a person will start to change as your ever-increasing habit will never be satisfied.

:)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

You'll either go broke or things about you as a person will start to change as your ever-increasing habit will never be satisfied.

:)

See..............That is exactly what I've never understood about some people that smoke pot. Are those the same people that would do the same to other drugs, but have chosen pot?  Maybe the reason some people smoke pot is the underlying reason behind that mindset occurring. I smoked recreationally in my youth and from time to time in different time of my life. Since the increasing pain from the degeneration of my injuries, I've used it to help relieve/lessen the pain. "Getting High" is not my goal. Some may understand what I'm trying to get across.

I totally get what you're saying DC. I've watched people on youtube smoking like freight trains.I'd be totally zonked outta my mind doing a tenth of what some consume. I really don't think I could get like those people. On occasion, I cut out some of my daily meds for several days at a time.I do this just so my body doesn't get used to them. I hurt like hell those days, especially with the increased damage, but I haven't increased the doses in over 3 years.

Maybe it's the same for people that become alcoholics. With ever increasing legalization, I feel thorough research is becoming far more important.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

7 hours ago, zztop911 said:

See..............That is exactly what I've never understood about some people that smoke pot. Are those the same people that would do the same to other drugs, but have chosen pot? 

Hard to say for sure from experience as I've never taken other drugs as regularly, just recreationally.

I guess a lot of people have heard a story of someone starting on weed, developing a big habit, and when the weed doesn't have the desired effect any longer, it often progresses to hard drugs.

Of course, smoking in moderation or to relive pains might not lead to smoking shit loads, developing health issues or spending thousands. That's quite different to the weed smoking that I experienced, it was purely to get as stoned as possible.

IMO any effects of drugs (and booze) are addictive, maybe not all physically. If you like the feeling then you'll probably be back for more :lol:

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, zztop911 said:

See..............That is exactly what I've never understood about some people that smoke pot. Are those the same people that would do the same to other drugs, but have chosen pot?  Maybe the reason some people smoke pot is the underlying reason behind that mindset occurring. I smoked recreationally in my youth and from time to time in different time of my life. Since the increasing pain from the degeneration of my injuries, I've used it to help relieve/lessen the pain. "Getting High" is not my goal. Some may understand what I'm trying to get across.

I totally get what you're saying DC. I've watched people on youtube smoking like freight trains.I'd be totally zonked outta my mind doing a tenth of what some consume. I really don't think I could get like those people. On occasion, I cut out some of my daily meds for several days at a time.I do this just so my body doesn't get used to them. I hurt like hell those days, especially with the increased damage, but I haven't increased the doses in over 3 years.

Maybe it's the same for people that become alcoholics. With ever increasing legalization, I feel thorough research is becoming far more important.

Used to take all sorts, a lack of control doesn't differentiate between substances. It just doesn't work long term. Whatever the vice. 

• 1 year later...

Sometimes things are unfair. I just saw that a person who interviewed me years ago for a job is now the director of a cannabis dispensary. The same guy who told me he couldn't give me the job I interviewed for because THC was found in my ur*ne. I hope my wife gets her card soon cause I want to visit him. I always believed he had the power to 'look the other way" back then when my test came back positive. I know there are rules still in place but it got me a little upset just now thinking about how the plant was used against me and now some people are benefiting professionally. Maybe I should stay positive instead and ask him for a job. lol. Oh right, I need a Pharmacist Technician degree or they wont even interview you. lol. 

3 hours ago, Con said:

Sometimes things are unfair. I just saw that a person who interviewed me years ago for a job is now the director of a cannabis dispensary. The same guy who told me he couldn't give me the job I interviewed for because THC was found in my ur*ne. I hope my wife gets her card soon cause I want to visit him. I always believed he had the power to 'look the other way" back then when my test came back positive. I know there are rules still in place but it got me a little upset just now thinking about how the plant was used against me and now some people are benefiting professionally. Maybe I should stay positive instead and ask him for a job. lol. Oh right, I need a Pharmacist Technician degree or they wont even interview you. lol. 

Is that so?? I am waiting for the approval to get going over here, cannot wait to open a dispensary myself. And I am not a consumer of it... just looking at the financial aspect, of course... 😅

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Is that so?? I am waiting for the approval to get going over here, cannot wait to open a dispensary myself. And I am not a consumer of it... just looking at the financial aspect, of course... 😅

Awesome. We need fellas like you!! To get the medicine to the people. i'm happy to hear you are placing yourself in a position to be ready when the laws change. I'm considering going to school for that tech certificate. Maybe everything will come together and i can go work with you a few months. What is the weather for you from November to February? (thats my winter time, lol)

9 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

When u need a trustworthy person to manage the smoke shop, come find me 😄

48 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

When u need a trustworthy person to manage the smoke shop, come find me 😄

7 hours ago, Con said:

Awesome. We need fellas like you!! To get the medicine to the people. i'm happy to hear you are placing yourself in a position to be ready when the laws change. I'm considering going to school for that tech certificate. Maybe everything will come together and i can go work with you a few months. What is the weather for you from November to February? (thats my winter time, lol)

you know I need to actually sell it to make a profit right? 😂

Just kidding, it actually makes sense to have a user dispensing it, not a non user... nothing can replace our own experiences, and a Pharmacist can have all the theoretical knowledge, but it is the human body we are talking about, and no single person reacts the same way to a foreign agent, no matter which one it is! 

I will announce it here, when the time comes, but I don’t believe you will want to come work here. Our wages are ridiculous compared to yours! 

• Like 1

Hell yeah. It helps me to relax after a day at work or when I just wake up. 🙂

• Haha 1

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

29 minutes ago, Abizaga said:

Hell yeah. It helps me to relax after a day at work or when I just wake up. 🙂

Hell yeah! for me its like Yoga and a Massage all in one!

Love the new look of your site!! I will be smoking my White Widow while browsing the forums tonight!!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Con said:

Dude! That's just one of many ironical twists you'll experience in life. Recognize it for what it is, accept it, learn from it and then move on to the next hurdle in life.

Just learn that you're NEVER gonna be in full control in the direction your life takes. Once you begin to accept that hard fact, life gets a little more chill.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 minutes ago, Con said:

Love the new look of your site!! I will be smoking my White Widow while browsing the forums tonight!!!!!

What site? Herbage related?

Because Fat Buds Matter!

3 hours ago, Con said:

And its like the worlds best sleep aid too! I'm so happy you like the new look! I can't wait to see you there!

GeezeZone 

My forum dedicated to all things 90s and 2000s nostalgia be it internet culture, memes, tv shows, movies or games!

3 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Dude! That's just one of many ironical twists you'll experience in life. Recognize it for what it is, accept it, learn from it and then move on to the next hurdle in life.

Just learn that you're NEVER gonna be in full control in the direction your life takes. Once you begin to accept that hard fact, life gets a little more chill.

Yeah I just wish i was on the other side of that type of irony once in a while. 😄 

27 minutes ago, Con said:

No. It's a start up forum for stuff 90's and 20's. But here is a list of sites I usually check out:

https://aelieve.com/rankings/websites/category/leisure/best-marijuana-websites/

Hell yeah! Its my passion project. Anyway  MAN I wish I had some White Widow lol

• Like 1

GeezeZone 

1 minute ago, Abizaga said:

Hell yeah! Its my passion project. Anyway  MAN I wish I had some White Widow lol

The oil is lethal!! its 90% THC. I'll post a pic of the box when I get home. Thats only for night use and Movie time. But my stuff averages 85% THC so I can't complain but when he gets me that WW....i preserve it.

10 minutes ago, Con said:

The oil is lethal!! its 90% THC. I'll post a pic of the box when I get home. Thats only for night use and Movie time. But my stuff averages 85% THC so I can't complain but when he gets me that WW....i preserve it.

Oh my god dude a short 3 second drag would kick my *ss lol.

GeezeZone 

1 hour ago, Abizaga said:

Oh my god dude a short 3 second drag would kick my *ss lol.

Light weight! :default_crazy:

Because Fat Buds Matter!