Pets, what do you have?

JustHatched

I'm purely a dog lover. I hate cats. sorry, hope I don't upset anyone, but they hate me all the same. dogs are always happy whereas my experience with cats has been they could care less. I will however play with a laser pointer and a cat all day long.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 2 Dalmatians (get jokes about the other 99 all the time) & it's hard to get a pic of them sitting still..

They have the same parents but are 2 years apart :D sorry if the photos are massive

5urAKfz.jpg

i6Uzkov.jpg

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 10

damn I can sit there all day long..

• Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I have a dog that's crossed between a Bull Mastiff & a Shitzu.... It's called a Bullshit ;)

I really have 2 cats. 1 was born under a house I used to live in & I found him in our shower one day when he was about 5 weeks old. He ran for the door but wasn't quick enough ;) His name is Phatcat, he's 8 1/2 yrs old & very talkative. When he was 1yr we moved to where I am & because I go off to bowls a lot & leave him all alone, after 1 yr here I got him a little girlfriend. Q.D.Pie :) they are exactly 2 yrs apart in age. They are great friends. He tries to hump her all the time even though they're both desexed LOL. (She doesn't like it). My pets are the only family I have, Oh & XDBX of course!

PS Phatcat is very dark brown , almost red in the sun, but looks black in the dark. Q.D.Pie has had fur fall off her that was 8 inches long! A ball of fluff. When she was a kitten she looked like a furball with eyes lol.

post-108-0-33945700-1401584197_thumb.jpg

post-108-0-55855200-1401584220_thumb.jpg

post-108-0-23051800-1401584369_thumb.jpg

post-108-0-43953100-1401584379_thumb.jpg

Edited by revbouncer
  • Like 5

Always been a dog person but after our gorgeous wee girl died last year we missed having a pet around the house.  As working full time didn't fit with a dog we decided on cats.  Never been a cat person but after getting these from the local rescue centre (they'd been dumped in a park in a sealed box!) I get the cat thing now.  It's taken me nearly a year to come around to their way of thinking and I'm grateful that they allow me to live in THEIR house!

Introducing Vic & Bob, my gorgeous boys  :)

post-232-0-05279100-1401621248_thumb.jpg

post-232-0-37954000-1401621716_thumb.jpg

post-232-0-42593800-1401621896_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

I sometimes walk into the living room and my dog is sitting like this :lol:

HaBt6gb.jpg

Anyone else's pets do weird things like that?

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 7

The closest thing my wife, and I, have to a pet is a single plant. Our routine is to nearly kill it, take it to her dad to bring back to life, bring it home, rinse and repeat...

• Like 2

HaBt6gb.jpg

Sometimes i find my cat sitting on the dining room table, staring up at the ceiling fan and meowing incessantly until i turn it on. Why she wants it on is a mystery, i live in canada, she definately is not over-heated.

• Like 3

I have 2 dogs, a husky-german shepard mix named Kara (after kara zor-el) and a chihuahua mix named coco (named after the palm tree, bird thing from fosters home for imaginary friends)

Coco is more of my moms dog. She is not a dog person but says that when she first saw coco as a puppy she just fell in love. shes 8 years old and is very feisty. shes nice once she gets to know you but before that expect to get the cold shoulder from her lol

CAM00442.jpg

Kara is 2 and is my baby :) i handpicked her from her litter. She was sleeping in the corner because she had overeaten and went into a food coma and i thought that was adorable hahaha. We live on a large property about 1 acre (i think its 4,100 sq meters?) and i want to get another dog. I really, really want a pug. I dogsitted a friends pug and she was the most adorable thing ever, i fell in love with them. However ive heard they have alot of physical problems :\. I'll probably adopt a dog from a shelter if i do get another dog, we have so much space that im sure any dog would be happy living with us.

Oh yeah and this is how kara sleeps....always. Its weird. 

CAM00292.jpg

• Like 5

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Jal, my dog sleeps like that too. :lol:

We dog-sit a pug on a regular basis. Hi name is Diesel and is missing his rear leg (cruel story, you don't want to know) but he still lifts his remaining leg to pee thus doing a handstand. :o

I made a video of him one visit, you can see Luna in it and my first corgi Otis. In fact Diesel pees on Otis a couple times in the video.

• Like 6

I've been waiting to see your corgis since you joined Seymore. We are supposed to get a whollup of snow tonight so I'm hoping to get some photos and video of mine hopping through the snow like bunnies.

Not much going on here in terms of pets apart from the odd spider and housefly ... oh, there's the neighbour's cat coming over every so often for a cuddle. On the odd occasion there are a few escaped/street dogs wandering around and plenty of homeless/semi-wild cats. They all have one thing in common: my garden seems to be the ideal pet lavatory, really awesome when mowing the lawn in summer time o0

Once the house and garden get finished (eventually) I might consider a few pets, provided I'm home enough to properly take care of them. Defintely would like a few chicken (great ktichen garbage disposal units and fresh eggs on a daily basis), a cat (preferably a lazy b@stard like me) and a dog (dream come true: Irish Wolfhound, pic below, though I might have to settle for a smaller 'brand' for practical reasons ... )

irish-wolfhound.jpg

• Like 3

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

HaBt6gb.jpg

Our Bull Mastiff/Lab mix does the exact same thing, LOL.

Lets see,

Dogs,

Bull Mastiff/Lab mix, 112lbs

Beagle/Springer Spaniel mix, 56lbs

Blackmouth Curr, 46lbs

A calico kitty

3 Ball Pythons

A Leopard Gecko

A Sun Conure(bird)

Saltwater Fish,

Designer Black Snowflake Occelaris

Bastard Black and Gold Chromis

Lots of live coral all crammed into a Nano 6 gallon saltwater tank. (Candy canes, Kenya trees, Green Polyps, Neon green Akro, etc...)

I'll post some pics when I get back home from work.

• Like 2

WP_20150126_14_06_52_Pro_zps0qzkc98g.jpg

This is the girlfriends dog, hard to catch her not asleep. Shes a bichon frise called scooby :/ I use to keep tropical fish aswell, mainly different kinds of puffer fish and eels.

Edited by markt112
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

Bump 

Lots of new members since the last post, so let's see your fine, furry, feathered or scaly friends.

We have one cat named Nala, but we call her "My Spitty Kitty"  

One cute furry rabbit.  

We were told he/she was a female when we first got him/her, so we named him/her Dora (The Explorer).

After we found out he/she was a male, we changed his/her name to "The Map" (another character from Dora the Explorer)  :lol:

He's not caged and is allowed to roam around the back yard at will and will occasionally come inside through the doggy door.

We also have "Boo" the crazy Border Collie.  Some of you can occasionally hear her through my mic, especially if there's something happening to get her excited, like a thunder storm or the family coming home etc.

10 week old Boo at the beach.

ghQq1nm.jpg

2 year old Boo.

SV1WqyW.jpg

• Like 7

Since you all find my cats nickname, Blackie Chan, hilarious...

Baby, 14 years old.

20150928_175326_zpso4jdm6yw.jpg

Kenzie aka Blackie Chan, 10 years old.

20150928_175357_zpssky2ur5l.jpg

Stitch, 13 years old.

20150928_175753_zps5bd6zaok.jpg

Charlotte, 6 years old.

20150928_180034_zpsfqvbulo7.jpg

• Like 5