Female Protagonist

JustHatched

I usually do a GTA6 Google search once a week just to see if there is any legit news, anyways, in several areas there is the thought GTA6 featuring a female protagonist. Having only ever played GTA1 and V I know nothing of any characters outside of Trevor, Micheal and Franklin. SO I really have nothing to form a thought of whether having a female as the lead being a good or bad thing for GTA....thoughts?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• CandyRotten

• Sinister

• PapOiteE

As long as the story is good it doesn't matter. I think it would be awesome. There will be retards on the internet who will see it as a diredt attack on their masculinity and will call to boycott it (same thing happened with playing as a black guy in SA) but these people usually calm down after they lose their virginity.

• Like 4

I think it will only happen if there's multiple main protagonists again (like in GTA5), then they might make one a female character.

I'm sure they have information on what percentage of online characters are female and will consider that as an indicator for how succesful/unsuccesful introducing a female protagonist could be.

• Like 1

They could go down the same route as Bethesda with Skyrim and Fallout. Let the player choose who they want to be, similar to the online profile, instead of being a voiced character you can be you or a female version of yourself in the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

They could go down the same route as Bethesda with Skyrim and Fallout. Let the player choose who they want to be, similar to the online profile, instead of being a voiced character you can be you or a female version of yourself in the game.

That would make it near impossible to make a cinematic story like all other R* games, it would be weird to go back to a silent prot(ant)agonist like GTA3 after all of their subsequent games have been so full of character.  I can imagine the next GTA online or Red Dead online will have more cutscenes of your character, like the heist missions, to bring it more inline with the single player experience. Maybe a bespoke online story for your character.

• Like 1

It depends on how much they invest into the cinematics. The current online cut scenes do use our character as they currently look at that time so they already have the ability to change your appearance in the scene. The only work they would need to do is the voice acting. They would have different audio clips for a different sex possibly maybe a couple of options for regional variations. There will only be a finite amount of spoken dialogue needed in the game. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to have a few different voice actors for the main story character. One of the previous F1 titles enabled you to pick your spoken language, it wouldn't be much different from that especially with the amount of investment they would be putting into the next game.

They could even allow you to change your game personality too and have the story playing out to your own style. 

Edited by Squirrel

I'm fine with a female protagonist but my only worry is will she be likable. I think Naughty Dog did a good job with likable female characters with Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazer in the Uncharted games.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Beez said:

I'm fine with a female protagonist but my only worry is will she be likable. I think Naughty Dog did a good job with likable female characters with Elena Fisher and Chloe Frazer in the Uncharted games.

Because Trevor is likable ? Guy's a maniac :lol:

Obviously being female myself,  I have always wanted a female character.  I really see no reason why there can't be. There have been plenty of other female, main characters in other games plus women play games just as much as men 

• Like 2

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

It's all a matter of how the crowd will take it. With all of the Gta protagonist being males, we kind of integrated the acceptance of males as the leading character(s). If a female protagonist was added, players would have to base opinions off of her personality. All-in-all it would be fine to have a female protagonist, because it makes the game she's in unique and as long as she lives up to our expectations.

Although what I'm going to say is not story mode related, we technically have a female protagonist-you. You can create a female character in Gta online although this isn't story mode. 

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

I wouldn't mind having a female if there were more than one protagonist, like gta v. But as a single protagonist hell no! Lol

24 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

I wouldn't mind having a female if there were more than one protagonist, like gta v. But as a single protagonist hell no! Lol

All the protagonist's so far have been male,  it probably wouldn't hurt for men to have to put up with playing as women for once. Women have had to put up with male protagonists for years

• Like 2

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

I'd certainly have no problem playing as female protagonist. But you probably know that already from my main character in GTA online. I've played all the Tomb Raider games and most of the recent Final Fantasy's with a female character as the only option. I don't see that the gender / race / sexuality etc of the character I play as in a video game matters, to me it's just a case of following a story and controlling one / some of the characters in it.

20 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Of course he's a great character because he's over the top.

But he's not particularly likable. That's what I was getting at :)

How can you not like Trevor! He's the friendliest, kindest mass murdering psychopathic cannibal drug dealer in the world: CRAZY :

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CandyRotten said:

All the protagonist's so far have been male,  it probably wouldn't hurt for men to have to put up with playing as women for once. Women have had to put up with male protagonists for years

Certainly, I understand you. But I think a female character wouldn't fit as well as a male, because of some elements that gta have always had. Going to strip clubs wouldn't feel the same, visiting prostitutes would make no sense. Beating male police officers for example would be unrealistic (unless she is a pro fighter...). 

Edited by PapOiteE

3 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

Certainly, I understand you. But I think a female character wouldn't fit as well as a male, because of some elements that gta have always had. Going to strip clubs wouldn't feel the same, visiting prostitutes would make no sense. Beating male police officers for example would be unrealistic (unless she is a pro fighter...). 

I disagree, a lesbian protagonist could make sense going to the strip bar (happens in real life, been there seen that :P ), I can't say I know if any of my lesbian friends ever picked up a hooker though.... 

And, I use to know some trailer trash "hotties" that would work a cop over given the chance (been there, seen that :P )

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

3 hours ago, PapOiteE said:

Still though,  a women protagonist can do all that. I understand more about the visiting the strip club and picking up hookers but there is definitely no reason why a women shouldn't be able to beat up cops. I mean, if you have a female online character you can do all that anyway.  No offence intended but to think a girl character wouldn't be as realistic or strong enough to be part of GTA is a little bit backwards, also maybe a little sexist.  If they can have a female character online then we can have one in storymode 

• Like 1

I'm all for it; I think it'd be a nice change of pace.  Do I think it will happen?  Very hard to say, but I'd imagine that playing as several different characters is here to say for future GTA games, so with that in mind, I think the chances are much more likely.

Edited by LN

10 hours ago, PapOiteE said:

I agree, a female protagonist doesn't fit in this game IMO, unless there was more than one protagonist. 

• 1 year later...

There will more than likely be more than one protagonist. I think it is desirable that a female protagonsit should make a debutt in a gta title. It about time. I played all GTA´s since the first and there have been some really strong characters there, don´t see a reason for not having a female there. It actually makes sense. Using her in some heists could prove to be extremely amusing. And imagine the funny lines they can add if they go that way.

Its what I like about GTA is that it doesn´t take nothing seriously. My sun is kidnapped? that stupid ass kid does nothing right... :D

From the trailers it is possible we might have one in RDR2 I believe, hopefully if so a sign that it will also be the case in GTAVI (whenever the hell that ends up being) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

From the trailers it is possible we might have one in RDR2 I believe, hopefully if so a sign that it will also be the case in GTAVI (whenever the hell that ends up being) 

Well, given the timeline of the events in RDR and RDR2, a female character has to be really well implemented to work. RDR had a much serious tone than GTA does. I hope they don´t ruin that. It made the game shine in a different way.

Edited by Spinnaker1981