GTA Tokyo

SeymorScagneti

Good thing that Tokyo isn't the next location. I think they should stick to the US, that's what they do best.

Anywhere between Canada, USA and Mexico would be cool.

If they decide to go back to Vice City (which ks my bet), I can see a map in the style of V, a big city with a huge countryside part, including their own version of the Everglades. Maybe a few islands here and there.

Of course this is all speculation for now.

• Like 4

I think hardware supports it now and I'd like to finally see more than one city in the game...

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Tokyo wouldn't work, everything would need to be made in Japanese : NINJA :

I agree with Fido, R* North are great at making games set in the US, I'm a huge fan of the way they portray American people and American culture.

• Like 1

Tokyo is absolutely fascinating and it would be cool to see a GTA game there, but yeah, it would be hard to make it work with all things considered.

I really hope it's not Liberty City again.  Vice City was my least favorite game in the series, but it could be ok if it were heavily expanded and not set in the 80s.

I really would like to see the return of Las Venturas (Las Vegas), San Fierro (San Francisco), or something entirely new like a city based on Detroit, Chicago, or the US SW/Mexico border.

GTA  Green Bay is my vote! 

Image result for gta wisconsin

• Like 2

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I'm with Taco, wasn't one of the original games set in London?

A non English country setting wouldn't bother me. It's not like everyone that plays the current games uses English as a first or even second language. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

I'm with Taco, wasn't one of the original games set in London?

A non English country setting wouldn't bother me. It's not like everyone that plays the current games uses English as a first or even second language. 

On that base: take a look at assasins creed for an instance. I know its a whole different game but i like it that im able to go trough the streets in italy/london etc.

• Like 1

An Euro GTA would be something new and exciting as well :D 

but I say once again, the hardware supports it, just give us multiple cities, fuck all the other games do DLCs, give us cities as DLCs :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Vice City is the remaining location to not be featured in the "HD" era of games so it's the next logical choice. All bets are off where the series goes after that but my money is it being set there for GTA 6.

And it'd make sense from a development standpoint too. They've got a lot of research and planning done for it as evidenced by Vice City. It'd just be an expansion, an evolution and a much more all-encompassing setting this time around.

Whatever they do, the next installment needs to make MUCH better use of the water environment (more activities, more sites, more diversity) and MORE interiors (homes, stores, buildings/corporatations, etc) and more DESTRUCTIBLE structures (not just lame textures overlapping the base object). With that should come more extreme and unique weather (high winds/hurricanes, potential flooding, rain that does more than just spin the tires a bit, actual night time, actual wild life .. all of these little things add up to a truly immersive experience). To top it all off, the "map" needs to be EXPANSIVE. Larger than San Andreas. I wouldn't mind one bit if "loading times" were incorporated into this to chain together more and diversified environments via "airfare" or "train fare", whatever cool cutscene you want to mask the loading with if you can't link it all together (maybe some backwoods area like Pensacola or some tropical gangland warfare in a Caribbean based island, whatever. The sky is the limit.

For mechanics, let's focus a bit more on true to life combat and driving. There's a lot of unique personalities on things that have 2 and 4 wheels and things that fly and things that crash through waves. Let's expand upon that. Give us more of it but let's give more consideration to "curbs", to crashing into destructible objects that should truly destroy you instead (poles), to wheelies, to customizations (more) and tuning to weight reduction .. let's make them matter with accurate stats and some fine tuning. Let's make the combat roll obsolete. Or if it's there, rework it with an AA based game. Let's get some ducking/crouching and real recoil mechanics in and ways to reduce that. Let's get some fatigue in there (I'm not saying full blown SIMs game, but cmon), everything from body modifications like tattoos to some Vice City style martial arts to some San Andreas style pumping of iron. Let's get working menus and buttons. Let's get some more Social Club features. Let's get a reworked economy that doesn't encourage people to take short cuts WHILE still promoting Shark Cards (yes balance does exist). Let's get more in game activities, Adversary was a start but I'm talking everything from bowling to billiards to air hockey to a basic game of basketball and anything and everything cards related, some classic rip off arcade games included. Let's make Online missions mean something instead of lame ways to earn a low paycheck. Let's make it story driven if you're so inclined or the option to bypass that altogether (perhaps co-op stuff too) and get straight into the mayhem. Let's make actual RPG elements MATTER this time or do away with them altogether (rework level requirements/mechanics for gear/clothing/vehicle upgrades as well as stat bars. Let's do a lot of things.

If GTA 5 was truly your "beta", you better wow the fuck out of me with truly mastering and building something from the ground up on PS4. Ah fuck it, who am I kidding? Could be riddled with as many problems as this title and I'll still buy it. God damn you.

Edited by G37
  • Like 7

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

14 hours ago, G37 said:

Vice City is the remaining location to not be featured in the "HD" era of games so it's the next logical choice. All bets are off where the series goes after that but my money is it being set there for GTA 6.

And it'd make sense from a development standpoint too. They've got a lot of research and planning done for it as evidenced by Vice City. It'd just be an expansion, an evolution and a much more all-encompassing setting this time around.

Whatever they do, the next installment needs to make MUCH better use of the water environment (more activities, more sites, more diversity) and MORE interiors (homes, stores, buildings/corporatations, etc) and more DESTRUCTIBLE structures (not just lame textures overlapping the base object). With that should come more extreme and unique weather (high winds/hurricanes, potential flooding, rain that does more than just spin the tires a bit, actual night time, actual wild life .. all of these little things add up to a truly immersive experience). To top it all off, the "map" needs to be EXPANSIVE. Larger than San Andreas. I wouldn't mind one bit if "loading times" were incorporated into this to chain together more and diversified environments via "airfare" or "train fare", whatever cool cutscene you want to mask the loading with if you can't link it all together (maybe some backwoods area like Pensacola or some tropical gangland warfare in a Caribbean based island, whatever. The sky is the limit.

For mechanics, let's focus a bit more on true to life combat and driving. There's a lot of unique personalities on things that have 2 and 4 wheels and things that fly and things that crash through waves. Let's expand upon that. Give us more of it but let's give more consideration to "curbs", to crashing into destructible objects that should truly destroy you instead (poles), to wheelies, to customizations (more) and tuning to weight reduction .. let's make them matter with accurate stats and some fine tuning. Let's make the combat roll obsolete. Or if it's there, rework it with an AA based game. Let's get some ducking/crouching and real recoil mechanics in and ways to reduce that. Let's get some fatigue in there (I'm not saying full blown SIMs game, but cmon), everything from body modifications like tattoos to some Vice City style martial arts to some San Andreas style pumping of iron. Let's get working menus and buttons. Let's get some more Social Club features. Let's get a reworked economy that doesn't encourage people to take short cuts WHILE still promoting Shark Cards (yes balance does exist). Let's get more in game activities, Adversary was a start but I'm talking everything from bowling to billiards to air hockey to a basic game of basketball and anything and everything cards related, some classic rip off arcade games included. Let's make Online missions mean something instead of lame ways to earn a low paycheck. Let's make it story driven if you're so inclined or the option to bypass that altogether (perhaps co-op stuff too) and get straight into the mayhem. Let's make actual RPG elements MATTER this time or do away with them altogether (rework level requirements/mechanics for gear/clothing/vehicle upgrades as well as stat bars. Let's do a lot of things.

If GTA 5 was truly your "beta", you better wow the fuck out of me with truly mastering and building something from the ground up on PS4. Ah fuck it, who am I kidding? Could be riddled with as many problems as this title and I'll still buy it. God damn you.

R* Please hire G37!

• Like 1

I've always thought the next one would be Vice City, which I really hope it is. Vice City is one of my favourite GTA games, the story was definitely one of the best ones. I would love to see  a new version of Vice City

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold B to the Rian, all that matters is you beat the leprechauns"   - Stewie Griffin

I think it'll be Vice City as well.

Simply because it hasn't had a HD era version, after that I have no clue.

I loved that game, after GTAV it was my most played GTA title.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with Vice City (Florida) is lack of geography. It's flat and all the roads are straight. If they do go back to VC I hope they squeeze the Appalachian Mountains in for some decent roads and elevation.

10 minutes ago, Beez said:

The problem with Vice City (Florida) is lack of geography. It's flat and all the roads are straight. If they do go back to VC I hope they squeeze the Appalachian Mountains in for some decent roads and elevation.

That's my main concern as well.

Please no. I hated Vice City. Quickly played through it with cheats and never looked back.

Also, it may just be Vice City but here in Florida there are plenty of not straight roads and hills.

• Like 1