GTA6 Forum

JustHatched

Setting this forum up now mainly for search engines. By the time the game drops anyone searching Google for GTA6 discussions should see us somewhere in the top 5 pages.

Also, any rumors or whatever we see, hear or find and be posted and discussed.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 4 weeks later...

I heard one of Nicola, Marcus, and Rotten1's friend say he heard a rumor of 6 dropping at the end of the year. After asking around though, I believe we tossed that notion out the window, thinking he probably meant to say Red Dead or Bully.

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl

I don't see anything coming from R* this year. There has been not a peep or screenshot from them for anything new. If there was something coming in 2016 the marketing campaign would have already started.

Edited to add: They are supposed to make an announcement at E3 this June.

Edited by Beez
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I read take two said R* have been working on a few games. They might announce something very soon.

I would love a lot if they announced Bully 2. Jimmy hopkins in college!

• Like 1

You have to agree there will be at least two years of pre release hype before GTA 6 arrives. We'll be be lucky if its the next 5 years.

• 3 years later...

Jason Schreier said GTA 6 is now in early developmenr, I guess that's why bully 2 was canceled late last year. The world will be smaller but will expand over time through updates.

They're now looking to change their work culture as well.

Kotaku 

I dont expect a deep storyline for sp but I hope for less glitches & internet issues online. 

• Like 1

One plan that management has laid out for the next game, a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, is to start out with a moderately sized release (which, by Rockstar’s standards, would still be a large game) that is then expanded with regular updates over time, which may help mitigate stress and crunch.

Doesn't say the map will be small, just that game itself will be small.

Sounds like a small single player experience with possible DLC add ons released later. Also expect a small online segment that gets regular updates.

Article sounds like a big part of R*s problem was Dan Houser and his leaving is a better thing than most thought.

It do sound like a winning concept, to keep interest over time. Not completely different from how current online has been growing. 
Looking forward to any more info on estimated dates.

7 hours ago, Sinister said:

Sounds like a small single player experience with possible DLC add ons released later.

I also think SP will be small if they even bother with it, but I doubt there'll be and SP DLC since they said there would be for GTA5 and then changed their mind. The money's in online, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's online only.

I'd like to see the story mode made a part of the online experience rather than separate, with the story being expanded along with the world and features. It'd be a tough thing to do though I think, and if not done exactly right it'd be a big fail.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smurf said:

less glitches & internet issues online. 

We can only prey!

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

12 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

GTA 6 will get here when it gets here......no sooner no later.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Skorpion said:

I also think SP will be small if they even bother with it, but I doubt there'll be and SP DLC since they said there would be for GTA5 and then changed their mind. The money's in online, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's online only.

For RDR2 they did not do DLC because they put so much time and effort into the original story. This article mentions a huge last minute rewrite as the cause of the games delays and massive overtime amounts.  Combine that with the money machine that is shark cards and they worked themselves to death. Story tells us they have cleaned house and changed operations to eliminate that insanity. Working on smaller efforts would give them time/resources to focus on DLC that would also make them a lot of money. 

If GTA 6 is online only then I’d probably give it a miss. I’d rather there be lengthy delays instead of a reduction in the actual game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

giphy.gif

For RDR2 they did not do DLC because they put so much time and effort into the original story. This article mentions a huge last minute rewrite as the cause of the games delays and massive overtime amounts.  Combine that with the money machine that is shark cards and they worked themselves to death. Story tells us they have cleaned house and changed operations to eliminate that insanity. Working on smaller efforts would give them time/resources to focus on DLC that would also make them a lot of money. 

I can see your point, but if the choice is DLC for a small income compared to online updates for huge shark card income, I'd still expect SP to be pushed aside like with GTA5.

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

If GTA 6 is online only then I’d probably give it a miss. I’d rather there be lengthy delays instead of a reduction in the actual game. 

A part of me agrees since I enjoy playing through stories alone, but I expect the focus will mostly be on the online aspect. I'd rather see an online story than a half-a**ed SP story that'll be neglected for the profits of online. -Edit: if the online story isn't executed well, then I'd rather a halfa**ed SP story. It's difficult to find an even balance now that online gaming is beginning to takeover. SP still has it's place, so we can only hope that developers see the value rather than just focusing on profit.

Even if SP were to be a huge story with several excellent DLC over several years, I'd still like to see a story for online that resembles the quality and depth shown in previous SP.

4 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:
14 hours ago, Smurf said:

I hope for less glitches & internet issues online. 

We can only prey!

I'm hopeful of that as well, especially with the further advanced technology of next gen. However, it's almost a trademark of R* to be problematic. Without glitches and other problems it wouldn't be R*. We can only hope that they're willing to put more effort into bettering their brand, but it'd sacrifice time spent on updates, so I'm doubtful. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2016 at 12:00 PM, Squirrel said:

You have to agree there will be at least two years of pre release hype before GTA 6 arrives. We'll be be lucky if its the next 5 years.

Quoting myself as my outrageous prediction probably wasn’t outrageous enough. I doubt we’ll see a new GTA in 2021

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Quoting myself as my outrageous prediction probably wasn’t outrageous enough. I doubt we’ll see a new GTA in 2021

A good point. I had expected GTA6 was already well into development. I'd expected a release to follow shortly after the next-gen consoles

Assuming the info we've been given isn't setup to be misleading, then I'd be surprised to see GTA6 earlier than late 2022 or even late 2023. Depending on how things develop over the years, if they're only just starting early development it could even be 2025 before it's released, as the speed that technology advances will continue to push the release back. I hope it's sooner, but not if it means a rushed halfa**sed effort. I'm willing to wait another decade if that's what's needed to create a game worthy of the GTA franchise.

1 hour ago, Lann said:

That fits more with what I'd been thinking than what the previous report said.

I said a while ago that I'd expect GTA6 around the time we get PS5, or the following year at the latest. That's in 6 or 18 months approx. The previous report suggested 5-7 years away, but this suggests perhaps 18 months isn't unreasonable.