2016 XDBX Fantasy Football

lIIlCompleXlIIl

Ok, so I know what your thinking. "Isn't it a little early to be talking Fantasy Football Leagues Complex?" To be completely honest, it is not. Today is April 1st. April 28th, 29th, and 30th is the NFL's official draft. Plus, I only tend to get a feel for who would be interested, and also to put  the idea in your heads. Let you think about a little bit. Let some of us talk trash on how you're too scared to play in a REAL MENS (or womens) LEAGUE! Just playin. On the real though, the NFL releases it's 2016 schedule here in less than three weeks also. Ok, so to the actual post....

Truelife and I have discussed the options of Fantasy Football as a crew. I would like to run a free, 8 team or more league on NFL.com, and I believe @truelife98 wanted to host a paid league, at something like a couple bucks a game, at FanDuel I think. Truelife will have to speculate more on that league. 

If I can get 8 OR MORE of us together who are interested, we would vote on everything from draft date and time, to points earned per passing yards, receiving yards, rushing yards, kicking, defense, Flex position or no flex position, etc etc etc. Rather or not it's a keeper league would also be decided by everyone. The votes will be completely Anonymous, as I would "Email the league" (option on NFL Fantasy) with a Google Multiple Choice Questionnaire. I will not vote, being the commissioner. So it would be like this. If 8,10,12,14 team league, the votes would be from an odd amount of teams, thus making no ties, and Majority rules. Any questions, feel free to ask before or after making your selection in the poll. 

Thanks everyone for your time, and look forward to getting this thing going!

(P.S. I will only bump this thread once a month, for 3 months, then in July I will bump once a week, until we have what we want.)

Click to join! Password is Hatched, 1st come first serve AFTER reserves.

NFL.com free league reserved teams                                 Cash league reserved teams

QUESTIONNAIRE LINK HERE!                                       QUESTIONNAIRE LINK HERE!

1) Injured Reserves (CompleX)                                                                    1) Truelife98

2) Truelife98                                                                                                  2) Injured Reserves (CompleX)

3) Dodge                                                                                                        3) JALJ

4) KernalHogan                                                                                             4) ConGamePro

5)                                                                                                                    5) KernalHogan

6)                                                                                                                    6)

7)                                                                                                                    7)

8)                                                                                                                    8)

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl
  • Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lIIlCompleXlIIl

• truelife98

• Con

• JALJ

Here is a link that explains a little bit of how some of the pay to play leagues work.  I would be interested in both and we could in all reality set up a pay league that runs pretty much the same as the free league would.  There would be a 1 time entry fee and then we would play out the whole season and money would be paid out at the end of the year.  The entry fee does not have to be big can be set However high we want it just adds little more to the leagues winning some money.  For example if you get 10 people say entry is 20 a person you can payout maybe 150 to the winner and 50 to 2nd place.  That is just an example of one way to do it. 

Another way which is gaining popularity is the weekly ff sites.  I use both fanduel and draft kings I prefer draft kings.  On draft kings you can setup a private league for any number of players every week and then each week thru the website or app on your phone you draft a team. The site gives you a set amount of money and you spend it to fill out a roster.  This route is nice because you can choose anybody you want on your team for any week.  Downside is if you set the league for 10 players this week and only 9 enter the league won't run.  I would suggest we gage the interest and the setup players and entry fee for every week could be as little as 2 dollars a week up to 100 or more.  I would vote for the lesser entry fees as really I'm in it. For fun not to make a ton of cash.  So anyway all interested parties would make a deposit to the site and then set a new lineup each week. 

https://usalegalonlinepoker.wordpress.com/custom-leagues-on-draftkings/

That link explains the weekly games little bit just have to make sure if you are interested that it is legal in your state. 

So in summary if interest for paid league is there we would then decide between a traditional pay league where you draft a team at beginning of the year and make roster moves to improve.  Or the new style leagues of a new team. Every week cost would roughly be the same. For both just you get larger 1 time payouts in traditional and 17 smaller ones for daily. 

Any questions feel free to ask I know I rambled on here 

• Like 1

I would be interested in the pay league if it is $20.00 entry fee. In the league I was doing irl before I moved away from family, it was $20.00 entry, $125.00 first, $50.00 second, and $25.00 for third. But yes, I could be interested in a pay league.

Yeah I would be interested in any thing that we do either a fun free league or fun pay league that doesn't cost much money.  If we decided to do a pay like a said then we just decide between the 2 formats a normal fantasy league run thru ESPN or NFL or whatever or the weekly ones. If not a lot of interest to fill a league then the draft kings weekly leagues is a good option because you can do it with as little as 2 people. Could always have a thread and gauge interest on a weekly basis and then set up the league that way. Little more work would be easier to have x number of people commited every week and just add if others are interested 

Edited by truelife98
  • Like 1

Added poll to OP, if anyone sees something they would like added before I put up the official one in July, please say so here. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Dodge said:

I'm in for the free league. 

Updated OP. Yellow Text above free league has link to join the league. Two spots reserved besides myself. Password is Hatched. First come first serve. Have it at 10 teams now, can go to twelve if there's the need for it. 

41 minutes ago, lIIlCompleXlIIl said:

Updated OP. Yellow Text above free league has link to join the league. Two spots reserved besides myself. Password is Hatched. First come first serve. Have it at 10 teams now, can go to twelve if there's the need for it. 

Signed up I'm in

• Like 1

I was looking at draft kit and reading stories.... started to think things sounded funny... turns out the draft kit is still for last year lmao

Wake up, wake up, wake up it's the 1st of tha month
To get up, get up, get up so cash your checks and thread bump!

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Football season has just finished. Back again in August!

The OP refers to the NFL. :P 

Put in my team for the NFL.com league, and I would definitely be interested in a year long pay league. Not so interested in the DraftKings weekly type of league, but I still might give that a shot to see what all the buzz is about.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just Bump It Up! The F2P league is ready now for the team owners to step in and get their spots! 4 reserves so far, room for more! Come on and join in the fun! Do you have what it takes?? 

ALSO - The questionnaire has been reset, please input your opinion ONLY if you are going to play! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The free league is free! Just click the  link and join. I'm not sure how the paid league is looking, thats @truelife98's side.

1 minute ago, Con said:

I'm in! 

I don't have a PayPal or anything like that. How would I submit my entry fee? 

And is this open only for DBX members? 

Are you wanting in on the free or paid league? AND WE NEED MORE PEOPLE! Come on peeps! 

Would have to have at minimum 10 people interested in a pay league to set one up. Draft would be done online at a date and time we would set later.  Haven't figured out a site yet but would probably use ESPN or something I believe ESPN gives you good control over the league without having to pay a large fee. We usually use CBS sports but that charges a 150 dollar fee if you want full control can also do the free league thru them you just don't get much control over the site. 

Again for the pay league a one time fee would occur to start the league it wouldn't be a lot of money more just to make the league more interesting. If we get 10 people interested we can discuss how much everyone is willing to pay and go from there

I'm up for this. 

I've never done any of the paid sites, ESPN is pretty decent for fantasy football. I also use it for basketball. I

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

1 hour ago, truelife98 said:

Would have to have at minimum 10 people interested in a pay league to set one up. Draft would be done online at a date and time we would set later.  Haven't figured out a site yet but would probably use ESPN or something I believe ESPN gives you good control over the league without having to pay a large fee. We usually use CBS sports but that charges a 150 dollar fee if you want full control can also do the free league thru them you just don't get much control over the site. 

Again for the pay league a one time fee would occur to start the league it wouldn't be a lot of money more just to make the league more interesting. If we get 10 people interested we can discuss how much everyone is willing to pay and go from there

If the entry fee stays below $50 ---------- I would be more than happy to pick up someone else's entry fee cost so they can participate.

But only if they are going to be active in the FF, even if their team is out of it early on. 

Yeah entry fee won't be a lot and there won't be no fees for  transactions so it will be a one time deal I was thinking 25 dollars a team with 10 people we get 250 dollars 200 goes to first and 2nd gets 50 bucks. 

The money isn't to break people more to keep people interested and give some incentive. If money is a issue and someone wants in I would also be willing to put in for them just pm me and let me know. 

@lIIlCompleXlIIl  can you update the original post with a list of interested members for pay site. So far it's me you con and jal that have posted recently. 

Others have expressed interest knowing now it's a 25 dollar fee if interested post in here and we will get you added to the list