PS4 Wireless Headset Options

On 3/28/2019 at 1:40 PM, zztop911 said:

With a few hours on these headphones, here area few thing.

1. The 3D audio tech does work quite well and you can easily tell the difference when turned off and on. Granted, few games so far use this, but Red Dead is one.

2. The 7.1 VSS  works great on several games. Sound direction is quite accurate and makes hunting in RDR2 easier.

3. These are very stout headphones. They are pretty heavy when compared to others. The pad/strap under the aluminum band does help quite a bit, but you can feel it. L can play quite long, but it is a relied when removed. If the durability is improved, I'll take it over past Sony models.

4. Sound volume............With my hearing loss and tinnitus, I would like a slight bit of volume increase. A person with normal hearing would be perfectly fine.

6. Controls are pretty easy to get to and adjust. When adjusting volume or game/chat mix, it single beeps while in transit and double beeps when maxed.

7 Set up was easy and seamless.

10 months later I'm still very happy with everything on these headphones! Still no problems, everything still works well and still looks new.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smurf

• zztop911

• DavidCore89

• zmurko

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried the Sony Platinum for a few months, it's pretty nice and the build quality feels so much better than the Gold.

I think I still prefer the heavier and dated Turtle Beach Elite 800. People say the 800 has poor sound quality in comparison, although I would disagree and I have partial hearing in one ear.

Platinum is easier to use out of the box IMO.

• 1 year later...

Anyone owns a Sony PS5 Pulse 3D Wireless headset?

Spoiler

They should work with a PS4 as well, just need some first hand opinions.

Trying to buy something that will work on a PS5 next year (or whenever a new GTA Online version comes out 😒), but can use on my PS4 until then. Wireless preffered, though this model has a 3.5 jack and can be plugged directly into a controller as well.

Any other recommendations? Pulse 3D is around €95 atm here.

9 hours ago, zmurko said:

Hide contents

They should work with a PS4 as well, just need some first hand opinions.

Trying to buy something that will work on a PS5 next year (or whenever a new GTA Online version comes out 😒), but can use on my PS4 until then. Wireless preffered, though this model has a 3.5 jack and can be plugged directly into a controller as well.

Any other recommendations? Pulse 3D is around €95 atm here.

I'd probably go with Turtle Beach Stealth 600/700 Gen2. Both wireless and PS5 compatible. Not sure how much they are over your way.

5 minutes ago, zmurko said:

👍

600 are €85 and 700 are €120 on German Amazon. (Pulse 3D is €103+ on Amazon.de)

I prefer the boom mic on the 600 gen2 instead of the pinhole mics you get on the Pulse. Slightly longer battery life and cheaper too.

Sorry for my stupid comment...

The headset Olla and use is a Playstation brand. I dont actually know the specifics, but its a low-to-medium price option. I've spent a fortune on headsets in the past and a lot of the high priced options are more sh*t quality and short-lived than the cheaper options. My honest recommendation is something you can afford to replace.

If youre looking for something you can use on ps4 now and keep for ps5, then get something with a headphone jack, not usb.

Edited by Skorpion

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

I'd probably go with Turtle Beach Stealth 600/700 Gen2. Both wireless and PS5 compatible. Not sure how much they are over your way.

I got a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen2. Works fine. Would recommend that @zmurko

Edited by Schumi6581

On 10/4/2021 at 5:56 PM, zmurko said:

Reveal hidden contents

At that price range the Razer blackshark v2 wired or Astro A20 wireless will work on both consoles and also PC, with highly detailed sound etc. Look up reviews

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

Just got rid of a used once 600 gen2 like 2 weeks ago. Would have sent it over. Bad timing.

We'll be able to hear you clearly now, instead of the tin can technology :classic_laugh:

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Haha 1