Recent Posts & Spoilers

Squirrel

Question

The new recent posts box is very useful however I have seen a potential issue with it. Mr Bump set up a Star Wars discussion thread clearly marked that there would be spoilers within so everyone knew to avoid reading it unless they had already seen the latest film. This is also the case for the Game of Thrones thread, spoiler tags alone within the thread may not be enough.

I would like to set up a similar thread for the Walking Dead. This would have been fine on the old forum, nice spoiler warning in the title to keep people away but with the Recent Posts box posting the first couple of lines of text there is the potential of giving away information for people browsing on the front page.

Would it be possible to exclude certain forums or sub forums from that box. I think the recent posts box is useful so would want to keep it. 

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

For the moment I took it offline cuz there is no control over which forums will show or how much text it shows, but there are other overall options and I will get in with them after I get the timers settled

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

1 minute ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Using an old topic for this. would it be possible to expand the size of the recent topic box to accommodate for 8/10 topics?

It's in your account settings, I am away from my pc, but look for recent topics in your settings, you can choose how many you want it to show

• Thanks 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

1 minute ago, JustHatched said:

It's in your account settings, I am away from my pc, but look for recent topics in your settings, you can choose how many you want it to show

Perfect, thanks!

4 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Using an old topic for this. would it be possible to expand the size of the recent topic box to accommodate for 8/10 topics?

g6uWnGV.jpg

Updated this topic even though you already have the answer @Spinnaker1981 just posting it for reference in case anyone scroll past it and looks in this thread