Season 2

truelife98

So season 1 of rocket league is over and season 2 has started. Gone are your familiar levels they had in season 1 like bronze 1 2 3 silver 1 2 3 gold 1 2 3 platinum.  As many of you know when you won or lost match you either gained or lost points moving you around in earlier mentioned levels.  Season 2 did away with that they have given out a temporary crown to match the highest level you achieved across any of the 4 ranked matches.  Solo double standard and solo standard. 

So with out these ranking which focused on win loses now it goes my sort of a imaginary skill point.  After 10 preliminary matches you will be ranked and given a symbol to match that rank from there you move up or down not just based on wins and loses but based on performance.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to track your performance or see how close you are to achieving the next symbol.  There are 12 symbols total and you must do your preliminary matches in all 4 game modes as you get ranked differently in all 4.

Besides that there are 3 new maps to try out in the rocket labs you can play them offline or online just not in ranked matches.  The 3 maps are not your standard maps.  1 has 2 goals per side the other has ledge all the way around and the last one is shaped like a donut.  They are pretty cool to mess around with so check it out

• Like 3

I seen I had downloaded an update file but haven't played yet to check it out.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

12 preliminary matches in multiple lobby sizes is kind of .. a real stretch. That's well over an hour to get a "rank" which is still almost worthless.

Apparently they've adjusted the e-brake for a number of vehicles, including some DLC cars. Can't say I know much difference but as @truelife98 mentioned, the REAL highlight is what's called Rocket Lab I think. Something like that. Anyway it's a series of 3 new maps that follow the same sort of theme: Tron inspired multi-faceted levels with various inherent obstacles. THIS is EXACTLY what I wanted when I spoke of it months ago. It completely redefines game play for RL as it's not a rehashed skin for an arena. I really hope they build upon this and keep these 3. I doubt we'll see them in "ranked" matches but that's just fine because there's zero difference between any of the game modes anyway. This just has the variety this game desperately needed and breathes real fresh air into it. Even folks who were "good" looked like fools as they toyed around on these new maps and I like that.

• Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

1 hour ago, G37 said:

12 preliminary matches in multiple lobby sizes is kind of .. a real stretch. That's well over an hour to get a "rank" which is still almost worthless.

Apparently they've adjusted the e-brake for a number of vehicles, including some DLC cars. Can't say I know much difference but as @truelife98 mentioned, the REAL highlight is what's called Rocket Lab I think. Something like that. Anyway it's a series of 3 new maps that follow the same sort of theme: Tron inspired multi-faceted levels with various inherent obstacles. THIS is EXACTLY what I wanted when I spoke of it months ago. It completely redefines game play for RL as it's not a rehashed skin for an arena. I really hope they build upon this and keep these 3. I doubt we'll see them in "ranked" matches but that's just fine because there's zero difference between any of the game modes anyway. This just has the variety this game desperately needed and breathes real fresh air into it. Even folks who were "good" looked like fools as they toyed around on these new maps and I like that.

Its ten per match type, but yeah. If you think about it, if you didnt play the game right when it started, before they started season one, you started with 0 rank points, so  to get ranked, you had to earn 100 points. For a lot of ppl, thats more then ten matches lol. So here, after ten matches, based on YOUR skill in matches, you get a rank. So it is actually quicker then season one. (Those that played ranked before season one started with 50 points instead of 0, so if you win all youyr matches, 5-6 games for rank. This just wasnt the case with most people.)

Oh and yes, Rocket Labs = greatest thing RL has done since release. The ability to try maps before they are completed and added is awesome. That plus the ability to add feedback on forums for said maps???? Priceless.

Thats right, whenever RL devs complete a map, they will release it on rocket labs first, in a tron style setting. After getting feedback, if it is something the community likes, it will get an environment and added to non ranked. Then, as time passes, it may even be added to ranked play.

Go Rocket League!

Edited by lIIlCompleXlIIl

the donut shaped map is intense hard to explain but the goals are back to back basically so you can drive into your goal and come out your opponents. to add even more fun to it try that map with the hockey puck made for alot of fun

• Like 1

If im online and on RL send me an invite if anyone wants to team up for ranked matches.  Im getting better but still do stoopid stuff more often than not haha.

• Like 1

I haven't even tried it since the update, been to busy and I keep forgetting.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 month later...