Customs: Allowed
Est. Lap Time: 1m:40s
Time of Day: Night
Weather: Clear
Traffic: Off
Published: 24 December 2015
Last Updated: 22 March 2020

DESCRIPTION
When the head of the Penris Association gets excited, he likes to go hard and fast. So he's organised for a race that will be fast, and racers will have to push hard to finish first. GTA for pit lane.
2_0.jpg

OVERVIEW
Technical track around the Downtown area with wide and long straights, using stunt props to level off some rough sections of track. Includes pit lane.

Bookmark Job

_

See more of my creations

_

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Updated with stunt props.

A lot of the track has been closed in. Nearly all props have been replaced with stunt props, only a few concrete barriers remain on turn 2.

There's now a pit lane on the left side of the straight between turns 2 and 3.

The track surface has been improved through turns 4 and 5, and leading down the straight towards turn 6.

The last corner which has been the subject of many modifications since I first made this track has been modified once again. It now has a section of tube used as barriers to make the track easier to follow heading up the ramp, and hopefully the corner itself is easier to follow as well.

ORIGINAL TRACK

This is the original published track, including the original setup of the last corner which had changed several times since this video.

NEW "STUNT" TRACK

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

Nice work Skorpion, I hope it drives as well as the original, as it's one of the few crew tracks on my short bookmarks list.

If you have any props left, you could do something with the start/finish straight as well, as there's some lamp posts exposed there. Perhaps combine some starting grid props (merge, rotate, ...) to create a nice space.

• Like 1

Thanks Z. I think it drives as well as it did before, but has a little different feel through turns 4 and 5. That's just me though, so let me know how it feels for you.

I'll have a look at how many spare props I have and see what I can put together. Those poles have never been a problem though, so it'd just be decorative. It could use something more around the start line anyway, so definitely wont hurt to have a look :)

Wow.  This drives so much better with the stunt barriers.  It's funny, because it's basically the same course, but it just flows so much nicer now.  I think when the track limits are clearly defined, it lets you focus more on the driving and less on where you need to go next etc.  Good job. :)

Just 2 points that you might want to look at.  Once again, nothing major, but might just help improve the flow a bit more.

1, Possibly turn CP 15 into a double/secondary checkpoint.

2, Between CPs 18 and 19.  Maybe raise the road surface up to the grass/curb height.  Especially on the exit of that section (CP 19).  That section works so much better with the stunt tube acting as a barrier, but it still feels a bit restrictive compared to the rest of the track.  You've done too good a job everywhere else. :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks Snacks :)

I've got to raise the tube between CP 18 and 19 because it goes over the track to low so feels a little restrictive, so I'll look at what I can do with the road surface there. I might need to remove some decorative props to raise it, but I'll see what I can do first.

CP 15 as a double is easy, so no problems doing that.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciate it :)

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

Updated with a few small changes.

CP 15 is now a double CP.

The track surface between CP 18 & 19 has a much smoother feel and flows nicely across the edge of the grass coming out of CP 18. There's a slight bump where the two props meet, but it doesn't seem to have any impact for me. Not sure how it'll go for others, but I don't expect any major problems from it. The tube barrier has also been rotated/raised along that section.

I've now used 150 props, so the main straight can only be done if I remove other props. Since it'd mainly be to beautify that part of the track, I'm just going to leave it as is. I have moved 1 prop to protect the last pole in the left before CP 1 though.

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...