NEED FOR SPEED PS4

Gunmanmark

I'm really liking the beta, seriously thinking about buying this when it's released next month.

I like the game too, but too much of the online is vs AI.

Is approaching other players and offering a challenge the only way to race?

Can I enter races with 4+ humans?

Most Wanted used to have playlists running in the lobbies, that was pretty cool, I wish it was in this game too.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• grjkie

• Gunmanmark

• zmurko

I don't think we'll see that much improvement on it, it already looks good

Agreed. I think they will throw the "Glow Outline" on the cgi and call it good. It looks a lot better then they first let on it would. Liking the game so far also. 

• Like 1

I like the game too, but too much of the online is vs AI.

Is approaching other players and offering a challenge the only way to race?

Can I enter races with 4+ humans?

Most Wanted used to have playlists running in the lobbies, that was pretty cool, I wish it was in this game too.

I've played one of the races vs AI and one player so I guess we'll be able to race against more than one person, i wasn't even expecting it, I triggered the race there was a person behind and he was racing us as well, I have no way of knowing if he was just trying to troll my race but I think he was racing with us too

Edit- now that I thought he wasn't trolling me, I remember seeing what seemed a human username on the race leaderboard

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I like it so far. Some little tg8ngs can be polished. But all in all its good. It would be nice if there was not a 8 player limit on a Crew. 

Yeah, crews aren't permanent, they only last for that session.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any PS4+NFS bundles already advertised somewhere?

I'm thinking (or hoping) that with the latest PS4 price drop and this game coming out we might get a good deal on a PS4 bundle.

5th of November is the EU release date, right?

I'm gonna wait and see if there's any special offers before deciding on a PS4 purchase. I can always get a decent price on a used GTA disc on top.

• Like 2

Has anyone seen any PS4+NFS bundles already advertised somewhere?

I'm thinking (or hoping) that with the latest PS4 price drop and this game coming out we might get a good deal on a PS4 bundle.

5th of November is the EU release date, right?

I'm gonna wait and see if there's any special offers before deciding on a PS4 purchase. I can always get a decent price on a used GTA disc on top.

None advertised so far with NFS, but I'm sure there will be some near or on November 5th.

I was reading an article about this game and there are people saying this game won't have some of these features that I find crucial in a open world racing game:

There is no option to choose between manual and auto shift. (always automatic)

No dynamic weather (It's always night, what the hell??)

No internet = No NFS. You just can't play it, at all.

What you guys think of this? I think this is ridiculous!!

I was reading an article about this game and there are people saying this game won't have some of these features that I find crucial in a open world racing game:

Naaaaaaaa............just stupid. ;)

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

The no manual option is the one thing that has driven me nuts about the whole later NFS franchise. I'm fine with it in GTA, it's not a dedicated racing game. Racing games should always have the option.

On follow up, I don't see myself getting this one then. I'll just hold out for Gran Turismo. I love the technical nature of suspension setups and gear ratio adjustments.

Edited by Torrid

Anyone played this yet? How is it?

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition and I'm quite disappointed to be honest. Only played for a few hours and am already over 33% completed. Seems pointless being online as you can only do races similar to impromptu style in GTA. Seems the only purpose of being online is so other players can be in my way during story mode races! The cars don't handle well in my opinion, there seem to be assists based on the road you're on as cars don't always drift unless you're on a bend. There are lots of car setup options though and I haven't played with these yet. 

The car customisation is excellent, I've found that to be the most enjoyable part of the game and it has encouraged me to play through it to earn money. Perhaps online will be developed further too. There are some cool effects where recorded cut scenes (with real people) include your modified car sitting nearby.  

The best part for me has been driving this beast again, although it's only available in the deluxe edition.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by silenttigercd
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I grabbed this on PS store for $24. Not too bad of a deal. I enjoy it quite a bit. Anyone who plays is welcome to join if I'm on.

Token

xDBx

I got it for $24 also, but I can't stand it. It looks amazing, but the controls are awful. I can't keep the damn car from steering itself into a wall. I've tried fiddling with handling tuning, but nothing makes it possible for me to control the car. As I said, it looks amazing, but the always night and raining got old real fast. As far as the way the game plays out, I can't say I understand it. Go here, race. Go there, drift. Go somewhere else and watch horrible fast and furious type acting, then do another race. All while bouncing off every wall the car decides to steer itself into.

I'd give it a 3/10. The visuals alone are the only thing I like about it.

• Like 1

I got it for $24 also, but I can't stand it. It looks amazing, but the controls are awful. I can't keep the damn car from steering itself into a wall. I've tried fiddling with handling tuning, but nothing makes it possible for me to control the car. As I said, it looks amazing, but the always night and raining got old real fast. As far as the way the game plays out, I can't say I understand it. Go here, race. Go there, drift. Go somewhere else and watch horrible fast and furious type acting, then do another race. All while bouncing off every wall the car decides to steer itself into.

I'd give it a 3/10. The visuals alone are the only thing I like about it.

This pretty much sums up the whole experience, I didn't like the game for the same reasons.

Visually superb, gameplay is extremely poor.

• 1 month later...

I picked it up on sale also. I agree with a lot of the negatives but stung led through for a bit and started to dig it a bit more. Solo isn't much fun so it gets played little. If anyone ever wants a crewmate hit me up if I'm on. Be willing to run a few with any of ya.

I got it for around $40 AUD, I loved the physics of the game - however unrealistic they were - but the only thing the game is good for is the races during the story. Once i finished the story i found there was nothing to do. Not really many side missions that last long after the story is finished. Even the online aspect of the game is boring.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had a go at this game, probably played for an hour or two and I love the way they introduce you and the cut scenes etc. really well done. The graphics are pretty good and the car customisation is amazing which would be expected from a dedicated racing game.

Unfortunately the physics suck. I found it very hard to drive. You need to change the car setup to suit your driving style which helps a fair bit but it was still awkward and frustrating. What happens is that the steering input is very slow to move and to return straight so after you've finished turning a corner you need to counter steer (not while drifting) just to get the wheels to point straight so you don't keep turning..

The turning seems unpredictable to a degree, or at least unintuitive which means you need to play for a bit to learn their style of driving physics which is completely different to any other game.

Is this just me or do others feel the same? I can only really compare them to gran tourismo and gta which I understand are different styles of games but they just work and are easy to pick up.

scottyb1988.jpg