Dodge

The area has alot of alleys and buildings that made it hard for me to hit anyone. Maybe more tanks, technicals or anything that has unlimited ammo.

Would a area with lower buildings work even better, to get better view of the enemy? But maybe then the LTS would be over too soon.

This is fun but you run out of minigun ammo way too fast, maybe add more pickups, or, if it's just crew playing you could set it to owned weapons?

• Like 1

I died straightaway the first round and was kicked before the second and third rounds so didn't get much actual play time.

What I did notice from spectating is that the ground team has way too many options for where to go and hide out of the way. The aerial team lost due to them killing themselves by flying too low rather than being shot down

Would a more open area such as one of the airports be better? You can fence the ground team in, add lots of low cover such as containers and small buildings and then add in tons of minigun & rpg ammo.

• Like 2

This is awesome now, the low buildings made it easier to shoot the jets, but five minute rounds would work better I think, it stops people having time to go get a fresh jet (squirrel :P) I can't wait to play this with a full lobby :D 

• Like 1

I still think the ground team has an advantage but with some expert pilots the tables might be turned. 

Definitely shorter rounds, I knew if I stayed out of range we would have won, just sneaked in to get a kill when I thought it was safe.

It was an epic fail changing my jet the 1st time

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 2

I'll adjust it to 5 minute rounds. 

Did the ground team have enough time to take cover? I tried to give them time with having the air team start away from the planes. 

Dodgeservice.png

I'll adjust it to 5 minute rounds. 

Did the ground team have enough time to take cover? I tried to give them time with having the air team start away from the planes. 

We had plenty of time to take cover or pick a vehicle.  I was able to grab enough ammo and take some cover before the jets arrived.  It was quite easy to take pilots out with a combat MG if they flew too low.

On the Lazer team, I was just blindly firing missiles and shooting the cannon in hopes of taking people out.  That's only because I'm not that great of a pilot.

I agree with lowering the round limits.  I bookmarked this job after just one round because it was so much fun.

Yeah I sucked on the testing event yesterday but didn't found it hard or anything, it was a fun job, well done :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Dodge: Does it need more testing or is this ready to enter the regular section? If ready, do you want me to move it or do you want to created a new thread and have me delete this? ;)

• 6 months later...

I like this one, but the RPG's should be homing launchers. Still quite easy to avoid for a good pilot, but a better choice.

Maybe increase the minimum players, it probably works best with as many people as possible, full lobby would be insane, but I don't think it'd work so well with less than 8.

Can the minigun ammo be increased?

At first it would seem unbalanced, but it really depends how good the Lazer pilots are at using their weapons and the space to their advantage.

If the Lazer gets too close to the ground then it probably will end badly. Same story if the ground team are running around in the open or fail to use the vehicles.

There's also the option for the ground team to steal Lazers.

A good, well organized ground team could win with tactics while the pilots need to be good with the cannons, it's quite fun.

Edited by DavidCore89

Certainly helps you be a better air-to-ground pilot. I should have dropped my landing gear so I could fly a little slower. As it was I just lined up my plane with the red dots in the mini map and pray 'n' sprayed. :lol: Be a good one for a weekend playlist with a big crowd.

• 2 years later...

This has been changed. The planes are all bombers with bombs and gunner positions. The ground team has half tracks and a pair Nakotas. 

Dodgeservice.png

• 3 weeks later...