• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pr0fane

• rofur

• markt112

• SeymorScagneti

Randomly stumbled upon my first one last night.

If you get the message 'chest unlocked', it's located up the stairs on the front of that platform you fight on so don't do what I did and go jumping around looking for it and missing it. It despawns quicker than other chests do.

Also, that dark green stuff can kill you.

I hopped into one of these earlier with some randoms and it was really tough.

...Don't the chests show up on the mini map for everyone? Ive got little white chests that pop up on the map - made it really easy to find the hadium flakes to get the sword :)

^ Just found out thats one of the nightstalkers perks - chests and materials show up on the mini map

Edited by markt112
  • Like 1

Anyone else want to admit to been confused as to why blues have higher values than purples?... dismantling the blues and keeping purples? 

Edit: ^ Im still confused about this :S  Do you have to infuse weapons ?

Edited by markt112

Yeah I just picked up on this. I think now once you get a legendary you like, good stats/rolls, etc., you infuse other higher attack/defense gear to make the 'perfect' weapon/armour stronger. Same with ghosts and artifacts too.

Did that make sense?

Even saw a guy infuse a year 2 last word into a purple handcannon on twitch earlier to make it 280 attack.

• Like 1

Yeah I just picked up on this. I think now once you get a legendary you like, good stats/rolls, etc., you infuse other higher attack/defense gear to make the 'perfect' weapon/armour stronger. Same with ghosts and artifacts too.

Did that make sense?

Even saw a guy infuse a year 2 last word into a purple handcannon on twitch earlier to make it 280 attack.

I know I have to infuse my sword to get to the next quest step but apart from that wouldn't it be better just to save the marks to buy a weapon/armour that is already 280 attack ?   

I dont understand the last bit you said... Infused an exotic last word to make a purple handcannon ? :S

Edited by markt112

No he had a 280 attack last word that he infused into a legendary handcannon to make that 270 something I think. It was one of the strike specific loot drops and had firefly and something else that made it like a non-arc fatebringer.

You could just buy legendary gear but your stuck with vendor perk rolls and stats and you have to grind marks.

I've also heard that engram light levels are based on what level you are when you decrypt them. So, for example, if you're say light 200 and open an engram it'll be about 215ish but if you could open the same engram at light 250 it would decrypt higher still.

Did that make sense?

• Like 1

yup! got it from launch for both systems and only played it a few times l'm still kind a lost,

probably going to rely heavily on this post when I get into this Taken King thing, seems awesome.

• Like 1

No he had a 280 attack last word that he infused into a legendary handcannon to make that 270 something I think. It was one of the strike specific loot drops and had firefly and something else that made it like a non-arc fatebringer.

You could just buy legendary gear but your stuck with vendor perk rolls and stats and you have to grind marks.

I've also heard that engram light levels are based on what level you are when you decrypt them. So, for example, if you're say light 200 and open an engram it'll be about 215ish but if you could open the same engram at light 250 it would decrypt higher still.

Did that make sense?

Think ive got it ! So you can but an exotic into a purple? - handy if you get a double

and yeah, i heard that aswell about the cryptarch

... thanks for explaining

Edited by markt112

Think ive got it ! So you can but an exotic into a purple? - handy if you get a double

and yeah, i heard that aswell about the cryptarch

... thanks for explaining

No worries, glad it made sense!

• Like 1

All my characters are 20+ which means after the release of The Taken King which they wiped a lot of stuff to make room for the late game aspect i honestly can not help you before 20 :(. I will say just like everyone else is that make sure that every day you go the the bounty robot in the Tower and take all the blue bounties(red is for PVP) Blue bounties are very easy and can be finished within 1-2hrs of gameplay. As for gear always swap out for better gear even when it's 1 point higher due to the light system and how heavily the game depends on the light level. The higher your light level the better you are. But tips for some bounties are

Cabal Elite/ultra kills- Play the first mission of Mars after you hack into the system a huge door will open up and you will be attacked by a ton of cabal. At this point there are 3-5 Elite Cabal in the ranks kill them then let the enemies kill you. This will reset you back to the checkpoint but you keep your kills for the bounty :) so just repeat till you get the 10 kills.

Hive Elite/Ultra kills- Start the Earth Patrol and once you spawn look to your left. You will notice a subway type of entrance head on down and your ghost will turn it's light on. Hang a right and then take your first right. You will see 3-4 Hollowed Elite hive just kill them then leave. wait like 1min then head back down and they will have respawned :)

The rest of the bounties are self explaining really so good luck Guardian! Don't be afraid to ask questions!!! 

When turning in engrams equip the higher attack/defense gear as you get it as the next engram will be closely matched to it's stats you can increase you attack/defense by about 4-8 per engram this was which mounts up with engrams. Put simply hand in an engram evaluate it then hand in another :)

• Like 2

When turning in engrams equip the higher attack/defense gear as you get it as the next engram will be closely matched to it's stats you can increase you attack/defense by about 4-8 per engram this was which mounts up with engrams. Put simply hand in an engram evaluate it then hand in another :)

Have you had any sublime engrams yet? I had a couple before, seem the same as legendary ?

Did that make sense?

Does anyone know what the max light level is yet? Highest item ive seen on someone is 290... a friend told me he had seen a class item on someone at 300

Anyone know how the chests in Court of Oryx work? Profane and I got screwed out of like 4 chests today...nothing was dropping and the chest wasn't opening for anyone that used the rune.

Also, make sure you check out the new updates to Xur:

http://planetdestiny.com/weekly-update-xur-raid/

I think only the person who presents the rune gets to open the chest. I tried one earlier on, I got no drops  but the person who presented the rune got to open the chest - it looked like it opened automatically

Edited by markt112

Does anyone know what the max light level is yet? Highest item ive seen on someone is 290... a friend told me he had seen a class item on someone at 300

I've seen weapons drop at 300 and inspected someone who was 294 yesterday.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed the thing eris is selling called moldering shard? "Extra rewards will be granted when defeating oryx in the king's fall raid with at least 20 of these".

It costs 2500 glimmer and 15 hadium flakes. Will take a bit of time to get 20 but ive started buying one every time my glimmer is full. Not sure if they can be obtained anywhere else

Has anyone noticed the thing eris is selling called moldering shard? "Extra rewards will be granted when defeating oryx in the king's fall raid with at least 20 of these".

It costs 2500 glimmer and 15 hadium flakes. Will take a bit of time to get 20 but ive started buying one every time my glimmer is full. Not sure if they can be obtained anywhere else

On the stream I watched the raid team also got them from a chest after each checkpoint but only a few each time. I guess you can buy some before entering the raid so you can get to 20.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...