Top Gear Class War: Muscle

VANS Official

@Paulie you will get to take it in LSC, but not until the performance tests are done... then you can make it look how you want, just no performance upgrades.

We will vote best looking ‘stock’, and best looking ‘pimped’ later in the night. 👍

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

5 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

I'm with @Paulie style wins over everything else

I’m not interested in your relationship status, save that for Facebook!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

@Paulie you will get to take it in LSC, but not until the performance tests are done... then you can make it look how you want, just no performance upgrades.

We will vote best looking ‘stock’, and best looking ‘pimped’ later in the night. 👍

Lols @JuniorChubb cheers for treating me as an übernoob! 😂👏

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

I’m not interested in your relationship status, save that for Facebook!

To be facebook friends with @Paulie is a life long dream 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

5 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

To be facebook friends with @Paulie is a life long dream 

😄 I am blushing mate but no f*ckerberg shait for me. We can write letters if you like 😅😂

• Like 1

Just now, Paulie said:

😄 I am blushing mate but no f*ckerberg shait for me. We can write letters if you like 😅😂

Lol I've only got your old address from the jager lamp though paulie. When I finally get out to Amsterdam with the misses I'll seek you out, even though I know you hate the place

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

Lol I've only got your old address from the jager lamp though paulie. When I finally get out to Amsterdam with the misses I'll seek you out, even though I know you hate the place

Lols oh yeah i'll come no doubt! I do hate the town but tbf I've been there many many times and my little brother lives there and I do had some good times over there but in general the mentality, the people, fun for a night but not to go and live 😅 

A couple more weeks and then there's the new address! 🤗 i'll email you the details! 😆

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Lols oh yeah i'll come no doubt! I do hate the town but tbf I've been there many many times and my little brother lives there and I do had some good times over there but in general the mentality, the people, fun for a night but not to go and live 😅 

A couple more weeks and then there's the new address! 🤗 i'll email you the details! 😆

I feel the same about Birmingham, it's ok in small doses, go and have a beer for the wifes birthday etc, bit it's full of brummies and just a generally horrible place

• Like 1

American Grand Park was a bit of a trauma, I had a little bit of a gap on Stapp and was probably the legs on him, then suddenly he's dropping back drastically, nowhere in sight and I was starting to think I'd picked the wrong Gauntlet and had my fully upgraded one. 

Then out of nowhere, "Wrong Way" pops up on the screen and I realised I was taking the route of a different Grapeseed track. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

American Grand Park was a bit of a trauma, I had a little bit of a gap on Stapp and was probably the legs on him, then suddenly he's dropping back drastically, nowhere in sight and I was starting to think I'd picked the wrong Gauntlet and had my fully upgraded one. 

Then out of nowhere, "Wrong Way" pops up on the screen and I realised I was taking the route of a different Grapeseed track. 

Bellend!

Thanks for all coming along to our Van Society Top Gear Class war Muscle event. We had a varied selection of cars to put to the test to find 'Best in Class'.

The Cars

• Catman -  Vigero $21,000
  • Chubb - Vamos $596,000
  • Dave - Burgershot $Stallion 277,000
  • DoubleG - Redwood Gauntlet $230,000
  • Mulder - Ruiner $10,000
  • OneMarc - Blade $160,000
  • Paulie - Deviant $512,000
  • Salad - Pheonix $20,000
  • Stappo - Sabre Turbo $15,000
  • Trashy - Gauntlet $32,000

All cars were handicapped according to price with Mulder's Ruiner having the lowest handicap of -10pts and Chubb's Vamos having the highest handicap of -596pts due to their respective prices. Trashbag's Gauntlet picked up some early points winning the vote for the best looking stock car before we jumped into a series of tests for handling, acceleration, top speed, braking and off road handling in our stock cars.

Testing

• Looks - Gauntlet
  • Test Track - Burgershot Stallion
  • Acceleration - Ruiner
  • Wheelie - Blade
  • Brakes - Redwood Gauntlet
  • Top Speed - Ruiner
  • Off-Road - Ruiner

Once we finished testing we moved on to some racing but not before we pimped our rides, with Paulie picking up the points with his s*xy Deviant and Mulder losing some points for the trauma of having to look at his black, red and blue Ruiner. 

Results 

MuscleResults-1.jpg

The Ruiner mopped up on the night despite being penalised 100pts for such an awful paint job, well done to Mulder for picking the winning car. It could have been Marc with the winning car but he missed out on the Ruiner by 7 mins thanks to Stappen being a bit slow with PSN messenger.

The Stig award goes to DoubleG for winning the racing playlist, well done G.

D9mtre0XkAEV_R5.jpg

Thanks to all who turned out, was great to run a full on Top Gear again. For those who spotted it, I omitted the Mile test from the result as it just almost mirrored the Top Speed test.

• Like 4

If you want to get involved & join our events make a post in our public recruitment thread

VansTag.png

Very fun old schoolish night with a great bunch! The Deviant was horribly slow but as promised beforehand it would turn out to be the best looking after a visit at Beekers 😎 

Top Gear is back in full effect! 😃

• Like 1