The Rhinos broke free

ErnYoung

The Rhinos Broke Free LTS

2_0.jpg

I wanted to create a challenge for two different weapon classes: Heavy armor and personnel fired RPGs with some recon elements.

This is set up for 4-30 players. The map is large to give both sides plenty of attack and defending options. The RPG team will have plenty of multi level hiding holes.

Forced Assault Rifles

Attackers have 4 Rhinos and 4 Barracks along with Combat MG pickups.

Defenders have a 2 multi-level under construction buildings with fortifications to defend with 2 Technicals and RPG, Heavy Sniper, Grenade Launcher and Sticky Bomb pickups.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/ucxvc8SbGUS0KcNeFTX1yA

Play well,

Ernie

Edited by ErnYoung

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

I tried that and nothing. Its the rockstar lottery.

Concept of this sounds good, whether the infantry has enough firepower to deal with the tanks is a different matter. Will need to test it out! Will have it on my Monday playlist.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I dunno about this one Ern, it is a good idea but in playing the Rhinos are way over powered to be battle on foot. Rhino team will most likely always get the win.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

My goal was to make an overwhelming advance of armor on a defended, multilevel position, but I think this is due for an overhaul.

I will try more explosives as well as a few Insurgents to the mix. That should even the tide a bit. If not, I will retire this one.

Ern

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

I would say limit the other team to 2 maybe 3 tanks and X amount of Insurgents.

Give the foot team 1 or 2 Technicals and a shit load of RPG's.

If anything it's worth a try..

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I would say limit the other team to 2 maybe 3 tanks and X amount of Insurgents.

Give the foot team 1 or 2 Technicals and a shit load of RPG's.

If anything it's worth a try..

I made the following revisions:

Attackers have 4 Rhinos, 4 Barracks and 1 Mesa along with Combat MG, Grenade and Heavy Sniper pickups.

Defenders have increased fortifications and 6 Technicals along with RPG, Heavy Sniper, Grenade Launcher and Sticky Bomb pickups.

This should be more balanced but still reliant on good strategy and tactics.

Ernie

I have edited the OP.

I'll add it my Thursday PL and we can give it a go

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This needs an overhaul. My goal was to create a "saving Private Ryan" final battle scenario with the flavor of the Skyscraper LTS, but the tanks are too overbearing.

I will have to put my thinking cap on, get back into the creator and provide a bit more balance before this is ready to play again.

Ern

• Like 1

It's still fun though

It's a great concept. I have some ideas in mind to help balance it though.

1. You could increase the distance between the teams. This will give the defensive team more time to prepare.

2. You could decrease the amount of tanks .. say 1-2 max.

3. You could do away with the tanks altogether and fill them in with Technicals (Insurgents are quite strong)

4. You could also explore the option of the other construction site right next to the tank team (I'd do away completely with tanks if you go to this location, it's far more accessible as a defensive team IMO)

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

G,

I think that I will change the defending location to see if that works as well as some of your other suggestions.

Thanks man,

Ern

• Like 1

Updated version is much more playable. =) 

Either side can win now.

• Like 1

Will have to give this another go later.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I think this is much more playable now. Given that LV owned us with an RPG speaks for itself.

• Like 2

Loved this new version.  I'll be hosting this as often as I can.

It was like Skyscraper LTS, but with tanks!  :D

And yeah, it felt good taking out the entire team with RPG's.  :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...