Star Wars

JuniorChubb

26 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Damn... is this 3 Star Wars fans in near agreement?

Looks like it !

The retaking of Mandalore could work but retake it from who ? Dark Maul was vanquished in the Clone Wars finale and AFAIK the planet was now ruled by several clans of nice families. I'll check Wookieepedia cause I may have missed something. 

EDIT : OK so I forgot a few years in the history of Mandalore ^^ After the Clone Wars, the planet was ruled by Bo-Katan and allies but was ultimately purged by the Empire who couldn't control it but didn't want anyone else to have it either. Most mandos were killed and that's where we are when the Mandalorian starts, with Mandalorians in hiding. 

So the planet is controlled by an unknown faction at the moment. Could make for an interesting story after all. But please no fighting between Mando and Bo-Katan. That would be stupid. 

Edited by Fido_le_muet

2 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

So the planet is controlled by an unknown faction at the moment. Could make for an interesting story after all. But please no fighting between Mando and Bo-Katan. That would be stupid. 

I didn’t really get into Rebels, apparently it ends well but I thought the start was weak and I lost interest so I am a little in the dark about that story line. If Mamdalore is currently in a state of limbo it does open up a lot of possibilities for personal and politically story lines.

I would enjoy a live action visit there, but with Bo and Mando in unison clearing the place of scum/unifying the planet.

With Fett’s series having a slightly darker tone (Fett forcefully taking the Tatooine underworld) maybe Fett and Mando squaring off in the future is a possibility, not sure if I would like this but IMO it is more preferable to Bo vs Mando.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 2 months later...

Hello Jedis, found these in a stack of stuff the wife's uncle gave me for my next car boot, and not knowing anything about Star Wars, wondered if anyone knew anything about them? Worth eBaying maybe?

spacer.png

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Hello Jedis, found these in a stack of stuff the wife's uncle gave me for my next car boot, and not knowing anything about Star Wars, wondered if anyone knew anything about them? Worth eBaying maybe?

spacer.png

I've read them all.

The Timothy Zhan ones are part of a Trilogy (I think, I only read 3 anyway). So you may get a better price if you can find vol 3 as well. I've never read them again and I'm the sort of person to re-read books. They are OK, but nothing that special, in my opinion. They are set after Return of the Jedi. Written before the film prequels and sequels so don't fit in with them. The basic plot line is similar to the actual film sequels, re-emergance of forces loyal to the old empire, trying to re-establish it, but as you can see from the cover art, set only a couple of years later.

Spinter of the Minds Eye is an even older book (I may still have it in a box in the attic). That I have re-read, but a long time ago. I think I  bought it from a school book club in the 80s. It's set after A New Hope (ep IV, the original 'Star Wars') but , I think, before The Empire Strikes Back. Either way it does not fit into the original film trilogy story line. There are things that happen that don't make sense given what some characters say or do not say in the later original films and their books. As some Star Wars fans would say, it is 'not canonical'. To me it better than the Timothy Zahn books. Definitely a stand-alone book.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I've read them all.

The Timothy Zhan ones are part of a Trilogy (I think, I only read 3 anyway). So you may get a better price if you can find vol 3 as well. I've never read them again and I'm the sort of person to re-read books. They are OK, but nothing that special, in my opinion. They are set after Return of the Jedi. Written before the film prequels and sequels so don't fit in with them. The basic plot line is similar to the actual film sequels, re-emergance of forces loyal to the old empire, trying to re-establish it, but as you can see from the cover art, set only a couple of years later.

Spinter of the Minds Eye is an even older book (I may still have it in a box in the attic). That I have re-read, but a long time ago. I think I  bought it from a school book club in the 80s. It's set after A New Hope (ep IV, the original 'Star Wars') but , I think, before The Empire Strikes Back. Either way it does not fit into the original film trilogy story line. There are things that happen that don't make sense given what some characters say or do not say in the later original films and their books. As some Star Wars fans would say, it is 'not canonical'. To me it better than the Timothy Zahn books. Definitely a stand-alone book.

Cheers. Had a quick look on ebay when I got home, there might be a few quid in it for me, nothing earth shattering, but a profits a profit

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I read the Zahn books and really enjoyed them, just got flashbacks of sitting on the Tube in the 90’s. As @djw180says you are missing one of the trilogy though.

Didn’t read the other, not got a clue about that one.

I don’t think you are gonna get rich but they should all sell.

• Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 1 year later...

That actually looks pretty decent.  

Thought I'd also share this for May the Fourth, the best Star Wars film ever made.  It's a fan-remake of the first film, with each 15 second chunk of the film made by a different fan.  It's one of the most creative films I've ever seen.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2