Star Wars

JuniorChubb

54 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

This is fantastic.

Looks cool, I’ll be back to watch this!

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 3 weeks later...

Taika Waititi confirmed as director/writer of a new SW film.  This could be really good, he was quite heavily involved in The Mandalorian, directing a couple of episodes.

• Like 1

Definitely the best news of the day. He directed the finale of The Mandalorian. There's real hope he will bring something new to Star Wars. Would have been an even better news if Dave Filoni had been announced as director of a future film as well. Guess he's gonna stick to The Mandalorian.

On a side note,  the finale of The Clone Wars was pretty good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Someone has created 4.5 hour supercut of Rogue One & A New Hope including inserting deleted scenes. 

I’m currently downloading the 30GB 4k version to check out. If you want to get hold of a copy it’s currently the hottest post in r/prequelmemes on reddit. 

• Like 2

That's a cool concept @Squirrel but it feels like it would seriously diminish ANH, which is a practically perfect film.  I actually like R1 more than most other SW films, but I can imagine the cuts between the films being jarring.  Let me know how it is when you've watched it.

Anytime I think about R1 I just remember this video (you only need to watch the first few minutes) and imagine you and @Fido_le_muet and @JuniorChubb in these guys places 😄 

AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I can imagine the cuts between the films being jarring.  Let me know how it is when you've watched it.

I’ve seen a video where the end of R1 and start of ANH have been edited together and it worked quite well. I don’t think this the same person behind it but I know it can work. Reading the comments this project seems to be fairly positive on the whole. 

I’ve seen so many versions of ANH now it won’t ruin my opinion on it. The only version I haven’t seen is the new Disney+ Maclunkey cut. My favourite version is actually the silver screen edit. It’s as close to the original edit as possible but fully restored and rendered in HD. 

I don’t think an actual original edit exists of the film as Lucas was still making changes to the film even during the initial run in the cinema. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I don’t think an actual original edit exists of the film as Lucas was still making changes to the film even during the initial run in the cinema. 

Have you seen the video on how ANH was saved in the editing room?  It's a really interesting watch.

I'm all for giving directors the final say, but thank god for Paul Hirsch, Marcia Lucas and Richard Chew.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, LimeGreenLegend said:

That's a cool concept @Squirrel but it feels like it would seriously diminish ANH, which is a practically perfect film.  I actually like R1 more than most other SW films, but I can imagine the cuts between the films being jarring.  Let me know how it is when you've watched it.

Anytime I think about R1 I just remember this video (you only need to watch the first few minutes) and imagine you and @Fido_le_muet and @JuniorChubb in these guys places 😄 AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs!

You w*nker! 😂😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

You w*nker! 😂😂

I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW DARTH VAAAAAAAADERRRRR 😉 

44 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW DARTH VAAAAAAAADERRRRR 😉 

I did!!!!

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Never been into Star Wars, played Battlefront II’s Campaign as it was free this month on PS PLUS and now I’m hooked. Just finished The Phantom Menace.

• Like 1

Reading this and thinking about the beggining of ep.IV (which was later renamed a new hope).... the introduction of Vader and the perfect soundtrack for one of the most remembered villains of all times is something I will never forget... 

The Death Star scenes (including the charismatic scene inside the trash dispenser) are also Oh so very cool! 

but I still wonder why Obi wan chose death! It is peculiar... waiting for so long just to chose to die like that... That is not the general Kenobi we have been taught to love from the prequels and from the animated series (specially those). 

Same with this last appearances of Luke... he is broken. Waited for so long to have him back, and we get a broken character... I did not enjoy that... 

Battlefront II has a pretty sweet plot. But Kotor and Jedi Knight II have the best plots of Star Wars games, in my opinion... 

Specially Kotor... Raven is one of the most rememberable characters in a game I have ever played... 

I played SW: Galaxy of Heroes for 3 years and that was, by far, the most asked for character to be included in the game... until it was.... and I just decided to quit that... it is an awfull saga to play that game... don’t even try it, it is worse than cocaine... 😂 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Nobody's talking about The Mandalorian ? 

The ultimate Star Wars show ! 

It is incredible. Everything fans want and love about Star Wars. It's perfect. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, Fido_le_muet said:

Nobody's talking about The Mandalorian ? 

The ultimate Star Wars show ! 

It is incredible. Everything fans want and love about Star Wars. It's perfect. 

Just watched both series in one day. 

What an ending. 

Won’t say any more apart from bring on December 2021. 

• Like 2

Sorry @Fido_le_muet completely missed your post.

I begrudgingly signed up to Disney for the Mandalorian, to my surprise I have absolutely loved it.

Thanks for recommending it.

It started off well and steadily improved to a fantastic finale for Season 2.

I am however a little worried about the deluge of ‘TV shows’ Disney now has for Star Wars based on this success.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Sorry @Fido_le_muet completely missed your post.

I begrudgingly signed up to Disney for the Mandalorian, to my surprise I have absolutely loved it.

Thanks for recommending it.

It started off well and steadily improved to a fantastic finale for Season 2.

I am however a little worried about the deluge of ‘TV shows’ Disney now has for Star Wars based on this success.

If the quality is the same as the Mandalorian then I’m all for it. 

Did everyone catch the post credit scene?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Squirrel said:

If the quality is the same as the Mandalorian then I’m all for it. 

Did everyone catch the post credit scene?

If the quality is the same then yup, it could work.

I just think ‘over saturation’ is a real issue, Disney introduced me to this phrase when making excuses on how they got things wrong with the sequels. It was valid up to a point IMO. 

I may be jumping to a few conclusions here but this is how I see it...

Disney got a cash cow, rushed out 5 films and got burnt as (IMO) they got the formula wrong for the Sequels.

Disney went back to the drawing board, brought in some players who struck a better balance of understanding the universe/knowing what the fans wanted and introducing new characters/worlds. This gave them a massive hit, a probably noticeable boost to Disney+ subscriptions and a blatant turn around from the Star Wars fan base.

So based on this success they jump straight back into the ‘let’s make as much of this as we can as quickly as we can’ mentality that led to the IMO crap prequels.

Due to this I am a little concerned, I hope I am wrong though.

I saw the Book of Boba Fett scene, it was cool but I couldn’t figure out why Fett would do this. It was like a bad Omen for what is coming, but then again I am the Victor Meldrew of Star Wars.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:01 AM, JuniorChubb said:

I saw the Book of Boba Fett scene, it was cool but I couldn’t figure out why Fett would do this. It was like a bad Omen for what is coming, but then again I am the Victor Meldrew of Star Wars.

I like that Fett is back, he survived the Sarlacc in the old expanded universe so I’m taking that as a sign as the legends stories are going to influence what we see in the new series. 

Disregarding the EU was the biggest mistake Disney made when making the sequels. Instead of using the vast history that existed we ended up with a rehashing of the originals and some completely nonsensical filler. 

There is a lot of talk of de-canonising the sequel trilogy which will be an interesting but popular move. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I like that Fett is back, he survived the Sarlacc in the old expanded universe so I’m taking that as a sign as the legends stories are going to influence what we see in the new series. 

Disregarding the EU was the biggest mistake Disney made when making the sequels. Instead of using the vast history that existed we ended up with a rehashing of the originals and some completely nonsensical filler. 

There is a lot of talk of de-canonising the sequel trilogy which will be an interesting but popular move. 

I loved Fett’s return too, also waiting to bring him back worked so much better than bringing him in the episode after he was teased worked well too.

I am split over the disregarding of the EU, I have loved most of what I have read in the past. On the plus side though, they can now cherry pick the best of it without being tied to triple check every decision they make to avoid contradicting the EU.

I have heard rumblings of disregarding the prequels and again I am a little split on this (I’m bit of a fence-sitter today 😉 ). I would love for the monstrosities to be disregarded but where would it end? Once you ‘re-boot’ a universe it is open to more re-boots in the future (like Star Trek), I think I would prefer Star Wars not to suffer this... I think.

• Like 2

I'm with you @JuniorChubbon the too much Star Wars show fear. 

I love the idea of having multiple SW shows, like they're doing with Marvel but I'm afraid it's gonna end the Solo way and we end up with some meh stories. 

I can't wait for the Ahsoka one as I expect it to be some kind of sequel to The Clone Wars/Rebels. I want to see the Ghost crew in live action, especially Hera and Sabine. We already got a glimpse of Chopper the droid in The Last Jedi but I want more of him too ^^

The Book of Boba Fett doesn't attract me as much as it seems to do for everybody else. I like the character but he's not my fav. I liked the teaser but I don't know where this is going. He's 'king' of Tatooine now so what ? 

I loved the Mandalorian. The best thing that happened to SW since Rogue One. But as much as I loved it, I kinda want it to end now, on this awesome Luke Skywalker reveal. They got Moff Gideon, Mando's got the Darksaber. What now ? I don't really want to see a season where Mando has to battle against Bo Katan. Would be kinda ridiculous when you know that Sabine handed her the Darksaber a few years earlier in Rebels and she gladly took it. Sure Bo Katan is an ambiguous character but I would be disappointed in Filoni and Favreau if they go that route. 

Now I'm patiently awaiting Wandavision and hopes it's gonna be on par with the MCU films and that all the other TV shows will be premium stuff as well. And that the SW series will be as well as a consequence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

But as much as I loved it, I kinda want it to end now, on this awesome Luke Skywalker reveal. They got Moff Gideon, Mando's got the Darksaber. What now ?

I kind of agree with this. I had a similar thought and that was to leave the Grogu story line now as Mando and Grogu have gone their separate ways. Something based on or around Mandalore could work, however as you said Bo vs Mando might not be the right direction. Leaving it where it is though would be brave but an epic move.

Im not really a Marvel fan, happy to watch the films and tend to enjoy them but have no expectations going in. Just watched the WandaVision trailer though and needed the comments section to explain wtf was going on. 😂

The Mandolorian had the perfect ending. It’s set up other spin offs and it will be impossible to get anywhere near that finale again so ultimately further seasons will disappoint. 

They should draw a line under that particular character and let the story develop through someone elses eyes. 

• Like 2