Conan Exiles

Squirrel

I popped on Saturday when I got back, sorted the pub out, gave the ales some names. There seems to have been some building down by the waterfall if I remember correctly

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I’m definitely having a conan evening. Purge meter is right down again. I feel like going on a adventure!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I’m definitely having a conan evening. Purge meter is right down again. I feel like going on a adventure!

I'd of joined you squirrel, but it turned into Friday night takeaway in the pub. Many beers plus kebabs

• 10 months later...

Time to revive this thread. 

As we haven’t touched this since May I can guarantee that our empire is no more, it will have crumbled to dust, our crocodiles no longer under our control and our dancers are now entertaining someone else. 

All is not lost. Today is my final day at work before I start 3 months of isolation away from the world. I am prepared to rent a server for the next few months which will just be for the use of RSC members. It will mean starting again from scratch, we’ll need a new pub, more dancing girls and we’ll have to do that tedious grind again at the start but if there’s enough of us willing to go for this I will find a server provider and set up our own world without fear of other groups nicking our land. 

It will be us vs the world of Conan. 

Whose with me?

@JuniorChubb @Trashbags @CatManDoza @Danielle@Aslad

Feel free to tag more if necessary. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Time to revive this thread. 

As we haven’t touched this since May I can guarantee that our empire is no more, it will have crumbled to dust, our crocodiles no longer under our control and our dancers are now entertaining someone else. 

All is not lost. Today is my final day at work before I start 3 months of isolation away from the world. I am prepared to rent a server for the next few months which will just be for the use of RSC members. It will mean starting again from scratch, we’ll need a new pub, more dancing girls and we’ll have to do that tedious grind again at the start but if there’s enough of us willing to go for this I will find a server provider and set up our own world without fear of other groups nicking our land. 

It will be us vs the world of Conan. 

Whose with me?

@JuniorChubb @Trashbags @CatManDoza @Danielle

Feel free to tag more if necessary. 

Re downloaded game last night I'm def up.for an adventure forgot it was 97gb

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Re downloaded game last night I'm def up.for an adventure forgot it was 97gb

I’m just going to remove GT Sport seeing as I can’t find the disc and I can’t drive anymore anyway 😂

5 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Apologies for the random quote, my phone being silly. 

Im in, just gotta find space for it in my hard drive. Need an external really, but being a poor b*stard doesn't help. 

What u gonna do about ur Friday night sesh r the locals still open near u 

2 hours ago, Trashbags said:

What u gonna do about ur Friday night sesh r the locals still open near u 

Yep still open and until I'm told its pretty much illegal to go out the house, Im there. Just let me have one more Friday sesh please boris

• Haha 1

I’m in... not sure how much time I can devote but I’ll pop in to say hello. 

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

26 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I’m in... not sure how much time I can devote but I’ll pop in to say hello. 

If schools are shutdown won’t you also be working from home too?

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

If schools are shutdown won’t you also be working from home too?

I am working from home from tomorrow...

I will probably have quite a lot to do, just launched Google Classroom so teachers can give out and receive work for kids and upgraded our ‘staff area’ to One Drive 3 weeks earlier than planned to make everything accessible. Pretty sure I’ll be be busy herding cats for a while. 

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I've found a good rate for a server. Just going to go for 3 months initially and see where things go from there, don't worry about the cost, I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket that's no longer going on holidays, Glastonbury or bus fares. Thanks Covid-19.

The big question now is how do we want our server setting up? I'm thinking of adding a slight boost just to take the edge off the grind, we've done it all once before and we don't really want to deal with all that tedium again. Are we wanting the purge to be coming at us to have a bit of a challenge now and again?

Do we want to make our server PvP? I'm planning on keeping it locked to RSC members only, we will need a password to gain entry but I don't mind if we have a couple of different clans going and it will give us the option to have a little planned rumble now and again. 

Any other preferences on set-up? @Danielle what would you recommend after playing on a boosted server recently?

I've just logged on to the old server, it's still active but nothing exists any more, not even the clothes on our backs. All the learned skills have been reset but we can reassign them so they're not lost. Our old valley is deserted but there's quite an imposing building behind us which someone has created. 

Our players will still be at the levels we previously earned. 

So we have to make a quick decision. Start everything from scratch on a new custom server we can customise ourselves or continue on the old server but we have to literally rebuild everything again. We're quite deep in the hostile zone with no tools, clothes or weapons. Even back to eating bugs for sustenance.

Will let you guys put your thoughts in. 

24 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I've found a good rate for a server. Just going to go for 3 months initially and see where things go from there, don't worry about the cost, I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket that's no longer going on holidays, Glastonbury or bus fares. Thanks Covid-19.

The big question now is how do we want our server setting up? I'm thinking of adding a slight boost just to take the edge off the grind, we've done it all once before and we don't really want to deal with all that tedium again. Are we wanting the purge to be coming at us to have a bit of a challenge now and again?

Do we want to make our server PvP? I'm planning on keeping it locked to RSC members only, we will need a password to gain entry but I don't mind if we have a couple of different clans going and it will give us the option to have a little planned rumble now and again. 

Any other preferences on set-up? @Danielle what would you recommend after playing on a boosted server recently?

I've only really been in boosted servers, the server I was playing in at the weekend was way too much though. There was no stamina drain and barely any health drain. I would definitely recommend a slight boost to materials gathering and things like thrall/pet taming time. 

I had mine as a PVP at first but keep in mind that you can damage your thralls so it gets challenging during combat if you have a follower. Also if other clans want to visit your base your thralls will all attack them.

I would definitely keep the purge on, I had mine on level 2 because this means most purges are humans. This is the only way to get some of the named thralls and you can get a bunch of tier 3 fighter thralls as well.

I've spent a few hours in the old server to get to grips with the situation there.

It is very quiet, only about 10 people in there at the most. Looks like we won't have the same issues we had before. I've managed to get a basic settlement rebuilt, got most of the essential workshops up and running, we just need to do the rebuilding grind and relearning necessary skills so we can make the pub again. 

If anyone is up for joining a session let me know, when you first come back in you will be naked and unskilled and very vulnerable but if I'm around I can help fight off the crocs and get you some fresh clothes and weapons. It won't take long to get back to a similar position we were in before and possibly a lot easier than starting completely from scratch again.

39 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I've spent a few hours in the old server to get to grips with the situation there.

It is very quiet, only about 10 people in there at the most. Looks like we won't have the same issues we had before. I've managed to get a basic settlement rebuilt, got most of the essential workshops up and running, we just need to do the rebuilding grind and relearning necessary skills so we can make the pub again. 

If anyone is up for joining a session let me know, when you first come back in you will be naked and unskilled and very vulnerable but if I'm around I can help fight off the crocs and get you some fresh clothes and weapons. It won't take long to get back to a similar position we were in before and possibly a lot easier than starting completely from scratch again.

I'll be about at some point. Just got some sh*t going on at the mo which is restricting my play time

10 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Is it the official server you posted at the start of the thread?

16 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

Gonna have a look see when I finish work quite looking forward to going on an adventure and running from them bloody spiders 

with the lack of saturday football at the moment, I may put my DVD of the 2003 play off final on the PC and have a wonder around the wastelands myself

25 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

with the lack of saturday football at the moment, I may put my DVD of the 2003 play off final on the PC and have a wonder around the wastelands myself

Sounds like a plan I have a convoy on sat afternoon for and hour but apart from that I'm good 

• Like 1

Just now, Trashbags said:

Sounds like a plan I have a convoy on sat afternoon for and hour but apart from that I'm good 

10-4 rubber duck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1