Jump to content
Squirrel

The Football Thread.

Recommended Posts

Squirrel

After last season’s disaster I was cautious about posting in this thread. No need for caution now. I can’t believe we’ve done it. Best manager in the world, best fans in the world, best team in the world. 
 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Swansea can potentially steal the last playoff place from bitter rivals Cardiff tonight if they lose to Hull and we beat Reading.

I would love it if we beat them! (in Kevin Keegan's voice).

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LimeGreenLegend
1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

I would love it if we beat them! (in Kevin Keegan's voice).

Careful quoting that, it didn't go well for him 😄 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

90+6 goal for Stoke at Forest means we steal the last spot off Forest on goal difference :classic_biggrin:

Hope we get Cardiff, shame it'd be without fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
14 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

90+6 goal for Stoke at Forest means we steal the last spot off Forest on goal difference :classic_biggrin:

Hope we get Cardiff, shame it'd be without fans.

How on earth did Forest throw that away. 
 

I’m happy for Barnsley doing it at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
Just now, Squirrel said:

How on earth did Forest throw that away. 
 

I’m happy for Barnsley doing it at the end. 

I never had it down as a possibility since we needed a 5 goal swing. Sickener for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
2 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I never had it down as a possibility since we needed a 5 goal swing. Sickener for them.

It just shows what happens when a team is under pressure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Championship playoff semi-final 1st leg tonight at home.

On one hand I'd love us to win the playoffs again, but on the other I know we'll get annihilated in the PL as our broke hedgefund consortium owners won't get the chequebook out.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza

Final day of the prem aswell. Hopefully by 6pm, Wolves will have equalled or bettered spurs's result sending us into europe again, and Bournemouth win, villa lose and send the brummies down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

Final day of the prem aswell. Hopefully by 6pm, Wolves will have equalled or bettered spurs's result sending us into europe again, and Bournemouth win, villa lose and send the brummies down

Should be a good final day, so much to play for.

I think Villa will stay up, that win over Arsenal was vital. Could also argue Villa have the easiest game today out of all 3.

Best of luck for Europe!

Edited by DavidCore89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CatManDoza
7 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Should be a good final day, so much to play for.

I think Villa will stay up, that win over Arsenal was vital. Could also argue Villa have the easiest game today out of all 3.

Best of luck for Europe!

you're right, they do, but theres always hope I can gloat! lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Watford and Bournemouth join the already relegated Norwich. Looked likely.

Watford go through too many mangers IMO, they had this coming. Think Bournemouth are capable of playing good stuff, but this season they seemed to sit back too much, they still concede a lot but don't score enough anymore. Playing 442 too, so always gonna have less possession being outnumbered in midfield, relies heavily on the forwards but Wilson has done nothing for them.

1-0 win for Swansea in the 1st leg. Missed a penalty and hit the post. Brentford red card. 2-0 and I would have been confident for the 2nd leg 😬

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Cardiff 0 - 2 Fulham.

Fulham played them off the pitch. The noisy lot up the road gonna need a miracle now :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89

Not too disappointed in losing the semi-final, we're not cut out for the PL in our current state.

Brentford and Fulham are much better suited. Would be nice to see Brentford win the final, very good side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
1 hour ago, Crawford1872 said:

@Squirrel as my resident Leeds expert, is Kemar Roofe any good? We've just signed him

I've seen Roofe quite a bit, scores goals, just doesn't look like a striker for some reason, despite being decent in the air.

Not sure if he was injured a lot this season or if Bielsa just preferred playing Bamford, who IMO is not as good.

He should do well, good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squirrel
1 hour ago, Crawford1872 said:

@Squirrel as my resident Leeds expert, is Kemar Roofe any good? We've just signed him

Good poacher but prone to injury, couldn’t quite handle Bielsas fitness regime. 

12 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I've seen Roofe quite a bit, scores goals, just doesn't look like a striker for some reason, despite being decent in the air.

Not sure if he was injured a lot this season or if Bielsa just preferred playing Bamford, who IMO is not as good.

He should do well, good signing.

We sold him to Anderlect so he didn’t play for us this season. He spent most of the season injured there. 
 

Bamford has great hold up play but struggles to hit the target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidCore89
Just now, Squirrel said:

We sold him to Anderlect so he didn’t play for us this season. He spent most of the season injured there. 
 

Bamford has great hold up play but struggles to hit the target. 

Ah that's why I haven't seen him lately.

Says he scored 6 in 13 for Anderlecht, so a goal every 2 games, but you're right, he missed a lot of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crawford1872
On 8/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, DavidCore89 said:

Ah that's why I haven't seen him lately.

Says he scored 6 in 13 for Anderlecht, so a goal every 2 games, but you're right, he missed a lot of games.

 

On 8/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Squirrel said:

Good poacher but prone to injury, couldn’t quite handle Bielsas fitness regime. 

We sold him to Anderlect so he didn’t play for us this season. He spent most of the season injured there. 
 

Bamford has great hold up play but struggles to hit the target. 

Damn, that's not really what we need but hopefully it can work. I thought his numbers seemed a little odd. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...