Rockstar Games Launcher won't start

Kreyzu

Question

I have a problem with the Rockstar Games Launcher. When I tried to open the launcher, it didn't start up. Instead, I got an error message that said: "The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize! Please visit https://support.rockstargames.com for more information." And so I did. When I issued my ticket, I got a response from the Rockstar Support saying to uninstall Microsoft OneDrive and try to open the launcher again. That didn't work, so I reinstalled the launcher. The installation process went smoothly, no signs of anything wrong happening, but after the reinstallation, the launcher still didn't start up, and I got the same error message as before. So I reinstalled the Launcher again, this time following the reinstallation guide from the support page (deleting the Launcher and Social Club folders). I've also tried updating my drivers, running the launcher with admin's rights, flushing my DNS and so on, but to no effect. Does anybody know the solution to this problem? I'm out of ideas of how to get it to work.

1 answer to this question