Gran Turismo 7

Mythaga

With the release of GT7 around the corner I just thought I'd drop a quick note to say that this group will be migrating over to GT7 as soon as possible.

So if there's anyone (new or past members) who is planning on getting GT7,  just a reminder that we still host regular organised racing on a Monday evening (8pm UK time)

We have a PSN group where most of the communication takes place, so if you want to take part let me know your PSN ID and I will add you to the group 👍

All welcome 🙂

I must admit I was half expecting it to be delayed again, PD are as bad as C* for that. But...it's getting a bit too close to release day now so I think it's a bit too late to delay it now? 🤔

• 1 month later...

Now that the forums back and the game is out I can ask the questions I need to know. 

How similar is it to GT Sport in terms of graphics and handling? I haven’t committed to buying it yet as I don’t know if I can handle extended periods of gaming yet. If it’s the same as GTS I can do some testing on that to see how I go

It drives pretty much the same as GTS. Although car setups and tuning work very differently. Graphics are a step up (on PS5 anyway)

The game does have quite a few issues though, which hopefully will be addressed in future updates.

Is it worth getting? Yes, but proceed with caution...

21 hours ago, Mythaga said:

It drives pretty much the same as GTS.

😬😟 I always assumed they had the physics down decent except for the off-road portion.

Are you using a steering wheel setup?

Funnily enough the dirt physics have been improved slightly, certainty not as bad as GTS...but still not great.

I use a controller by the way.

5 hours ago, Mythaga said:

Funnily enough the dirt physics have been improved slightly, certainty not as bad as GTS...but still not great.

I use a controller by the way.

Not sure I see much in the way of improvement in the handling on the loose. 

Still shows absolutely no correlation to how cars actually handle on gravel with proper gravel tyres.

Overall I'm pretty down on the new game, it's basically GT Sport with a couple more tracks, a small amount of extra cars, except some of those cars are hidden away and not available. With the added bonus of payouts being dreadful and cars being hidden behind horrible FOMO mechanics to try and push you to get involved in transactions which cannot in any way shape or form be described as micro. 

Don't get me wrong, the dirt physics are still sh*t, just not as sh*t. The cars seem to have more grip and you don't feel like you are driving on ice as much.

As for the rest of the game, it's a mixed bag, some good stuff some not so good...

Apparently there's quite a few updates in the pipeline so we shall wait and see what they bring.