Laptop recommendations needed

JustHatched

I need to get new laptop, mine quit sometime ago and I am solely using my work laptop for everything which is fine but at some point I will have to do my sh*t off my own computer.

I don't need gaming power as I don't game with a PC, I hate my wifes ASUS, I have always had HP's but don't have to have one. What I want is one thats not so thin it feels like I will break it, with keys and a mousepad that don't feel blending in with the surface with decent memory.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

They may suck *ss at gaming PCs but DELL does make good laptops so I have to recommend them as well. 

As much as you like flying stuff I'm actually amazed you don't have a killer rig and MS Flight Simulator. You can fly around your own house with that thing, lol.

• Like 2

@JustHatched These are a few bang for the buck laptops out there. Some in the list might have gaming in the title but they are decent work laptops that will last years. I have yet to find a work horse based laptop under USD$700 that's worth it, without it feeling like a scam on consumers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gigabyte-G5-Gaming-Entertainment-Laptop-Intel-i5-10500H-6-Core-16GB-RAM-512GB-PCIe-SSD-2TB-HDD-15-6-Full-HD-1920x1080-NVIDIA-RTX-3060-Max-P-Wifi-Blue/280963803

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/226726534

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-TUF-15-6-i5-RTX-3050-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-FHD-Intel-Core-i5-11260H-NVIDIA-GeForce-3050-8GB-RAM-512GB-SSD-Graphite-Black-Windows-10-Home-FX506HC-WS/797151449

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recently got a Dell Inspiron series laptop. Does everything I need and can handle games etc also

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 2

I’m going to go against the grain and recommend something in the high end.

I finally said, enough with buying yet another value model, so about a year ago, I bought a Dell XPS 17. It’s amazing. I can use it as a desktop or laptop with that big ol’ screen. 
I figured this will be my laptop for the next 5-10 years, so it was worth the investment to me. 
My wife bought a value HP at the same time and honestly, you get what you pay for. 
if I hadn’t bought the XPS17, I think I would have went with the HP Envy.

for me the biggest negative about my XPS17 is the weight. It’s a bit heavy, especially compared to the LG Gram 17”, I mean that thing weighs like a tampon, the XPS is like a small anvil. But honestly, the XPS 17 isn’t really for travel, although it’s a laptop. I think the weight issues is eliminated in the XPS 15, which in arctic white is one of the most beautiful laptops I have ever seen. Sadly, the Arctic white wasn’t available when I was shopping around or I would have 90% bought the Arctic white XPS15 over the XPS17, just cause looks. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1