Introductions

Protocawl

Question

I just had a look at what the potential new member's experience on RSC.net would be like when trying to join a crew and noticed that it's highly unlikely that they would post an intro before requesting to join a crew (when posting an intro should come first), since they couldn't possibly know to look for "Introductions" at the very bottom of the forums, separate (for seemingly no good reason) from the similar "Recruitment" section at the top of the forums.

That prevents them from smoothly and quickly introducing themselves to the crew/crews they are interested in and may end up making the joining processes unnecessarily longer and more confusing than they should be.

With that in mind, I would suggest moving the "Introductions" to the top of the RSC forum, right before "Recruitment" under the Community Cooperative section. There seems to be no good reason to have intros hidden away at the bottom of the page, when an intro is pretty much the first thing we would like to see from newcomers.

• Like 7

2 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Protocawl said:

I just had a look at what the potential new member's experience on RSC.net would be like when trying to join a crew and noticed that it's highly unlikely that they would post an intro before requesting to join a crew (when posting an intro should come first), since they couldn't possibly know to look for "Introductions" at the very bottom of the forums, separate (for seemingly no good reason) from the similar "Recruitment" section at the top of the forums.

That prevents them from smoothly and quickly introducing themselves to the crew/crews they are interested in and may end up making the joining processes unnecessarily longer and more confusing than they should be.

With that in mind, I would suggest moving the "Introductions" to the top of the RSC forum, right before "Recruitment" under the Community Cooperative section. There seems to be no good reason to have intros hidden away at the bottom of the page, when an intro is pretty much the first thing we would like to see from newcomers.

Done

• Like 2