The Duel of The Alamo Sea - a creators event

Lann

I must have deleted the bike race. I do have a capture in the area that is good to go though. I quit working on it because it's similar to another crew creation, but I made some updates last night. I will publish it today for testing, but not sure if I will be around for 2 bros or after.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

I must have deleted the bike race. I do have a capture in the area that is good to go though. I quit working on it because it's similar to another crew creation, but I made some updates last night. I will publish it today for testing, but not sure if I will be around for 2 bros or after.

You dont have to publish to test it, its a great feature to use while tweaking it. It will show up in your jobs as long as you have tested and saved it (made it ready to be published). Also, you have two more weeks to spend on it, so no rush 🙂

So I've been creating something over the last few days, realising now it's absolutely not what I intended it to be. Will start over tomorrow 

• Haha 1

Should I post it here for folks to test or wait until the event? It's pretty simple and everything seems to work fine. Tugboat capture for 2 teams using muskets and technical Aquas.

5 hours ago, Jjss924 said:

Should I post it here for folks to test or wait until the event? It's pretty simple and everything seems to work fine. Tugboat capture for 2 teams using muskets and technical Aquas.

As captures are tricky and really cant be tested in the creator, but rather played with people, post it and try to host it. I am sure we can get it tested during the next two weeks.

I have another idea now that works in the creator. Needs a proper test of course.

An LTS inspired by the film the Duelists. Spawn points are all placed close to a spawn point for the other team but with a building in-between. i.e. they are in pairs. These pairs are spread out over Sandy Shores. The idea is you and the player from the other team who spawns near you fight it out, the winner then goes and finds an opponent who won their initial duel. If it uses the spawn points in the order I placed them then you should always have an opponent near you at the start, i.e. Team1 spawn1 is near Team2 spawn2, Team1 spawn2 near Team2 spawn2 etc. But even if it doesn't work like that the basics should be pretty much the same. You duel it out with a member of the other team with the buildings as cover.

I'll work on by transform race as well, but that has to be max 16. The idea for this one is almost completely independant primary and secondary routes. The grid has a barrier down the middle forcing those on the left to take the primay route and those on the right the secondary. The two routes cross over so that if you start on the left you are on the rigth for the next lap, and vice versa. You start on foot. The 1st CPs transform you to a car. Then further along you transform to a boat, and later an aircraft. The two routes have different vehicles. So you have to do an even number of laps to ensure it's balanced (there is no way I am going to work out combinations of vehicles that give the same times for each route). I would like to do this as two different manufacturers for each route, but that's not possible because there are not any that make cars, boats and planes/helicopters. But I should be able to do this as a 'duel' between two countries hopefully.

• Like 2

@LannI've been getting a server error every time I try social club. I sent an email a month ago and still have not heard back. I will have to host this one day and have you bookmark it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, djw180 said:

I have another idea now that works in the creator. Needs a proper test of course.

An LTS inspired by the film the Duelists. Spawn points are all placed close to a spawn point for the other team but with a building in-between. i.e. they are in pairs. These pairs are spread out over Sandy Shores. The idea is you and the player from the other team who spawns near you fight it out, the winner then goes and finds an opponent who won their initial duel. If it uses the spawn points in the order I placed them then you should always have an opponent near you at the start, i.e. Team1 spawn1 is near Team2 spawn2, Team1 spawn2 near Team2 spawn2 etc. But even if it doesn't work like that the basics should be pretty much the same. You duel it out with a member of the other team with the buildings as cover.

I quite like this idea.

Only thing that comes to mind is if one team has an extra person, you probably want the duels to be far enough apart that the inital matched up duels should be done before the extra person can reach them and start having an impact. So if there's an extra, they wont miss out but also wont throw the entire job out of balance right at the start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skorpion said:

I quite like this idea.

Only thing that comes to mind is if one team has an extra person, you probably want the duels to be far enough apart that the inital matched up duels should be done before the extra person can reach them and start having an impact. So if there's an extra, they wont miss out but also wont throw the entire job out of balance right at the start.

I'm hoping that each duel is over very quickly so any initial imbalance in the teams does not count for much compared to who wins the most initial duels.  But I suspect the spawns will not follow the order I placed them and be random, so in actual fact it will just be a matter of finding the nearest opponent. Hopefully I'll get to test it on Wednesday. If it does turn out they do follow the order I placed the spawn points then I will give some more thought to how best spread them out. But i didn't want to take too much time thinking about that initially. I think the area for an LTS is big enough to cover Sandy Shores and Grapeseed, if it is that will help spreading them out and I can construct some buildings from props for more spawn-point pairs

• Like 1

@djw180 you may want to consider building an arena with a ‘one way’ system so players can easily find their next opponent and remove the ability to backtrack.

If not a well sign posted route to the next opponent.

It’s a great idea, hope you can get over the hurdles you will hit.

• Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

If anyone needs someone to test their creations, just drop me a message and I will arrange to help. I know how frustrating it can be not to have people around to test something you have spent hours working on. 

I'm AVAILABLE. 

• Like 2

I'd love to join the event but can't promise I'll be able to create a job.  That is of course unless we go into lockdown again here in Scotland (which is looking more likely by the day) in which case I'll be able to create all the jobs because I'll not have an actual job.

So yeah.  I'll be there.  With either no job, or 27 jobs because I have no job.

Job.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, djw180 said:

So you mean like a Progressive Canadian Barn Dance?

200.gif

• Haha 3

I am fairly happy with my tweaking and testing, so i published it and hope to test it some more, mostly different cars, over the remaining week.

Galilee Rally

2_1.jpg

"Intended as a duel between the Savestra and the Retinue along with the Elegy RH8 and the Sultan Classic. This rallycross track for contact works great for Issi Sports or Retinue Mk2 as well, although thats less of a challenge."

N0Rn0SR.png

A lap is about 2 minutes.

Link: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/Ppm6af3f9Eemn7924ztlrA

• Like 2

We gave my LTS a test last night and the spawn points do work in the right order. So I will expand it now to make the area as big as possible and spread the pairs out more.

@Beezwe did your race as well. I really like the range of vehicles. The transform CP for the Tug needs moving a bit I think. Lann overshot it on one lap and both me and someone else had our tugs spawned on their sides and they sank. Then when they re-spawned the water was too shallow and it took a while to gradually get moving (I assume just because on re-spawn you are stationary). So I think that CP just needs moving a bit into deeper water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the notes @djw180. I did not think anyone would play it much less use it in a playlist, I had just published it so I could test it with customs. I have made some check point and prop changes.

• Like 1

I still cannot access the rsc website.

My capture is titled An Alamo Tug Job? and is published now. You may be able to find it, or I may have to get you to bookmark it @Lann.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jjss924 said:

I still cannot access the rsc website.

My capture is titled An Alamo Tug Job? and is published now. You may be able to find it, or I may have to get you to bookmark it @Lann.

I will find it.

6 hours ago, djw180 said:

Do we have our jobs ready for this weekend?

Attention Creators.....I would like to host a Alamo Sea Job Test Night on THURSDAY in place of TNT. The earliest I can log in is 930pmEST, so i doesnt have to start at regular TNT time if it helps. Please privately or publicly share the link to your job. Doesnt matter if the description isnt finished. Just want to test the general idea of the jobs. 

@omarcomin71 or anyone from the TNT regs, you around tomorrow night to help me test these jobs? 

• Like 1