The Duel of The Alamo Sea - a creators event

Lann

bic3ViO.png
”A surreal stagnant oasis in the desert. The water might look clean but it can burn through a man's lower intestine in seconds.

The Alamo Sea, according to its official website, was created as the result of an accident. According to a Weazel News radio report, hipsters have begun moving to the Alamo Sea area. They were bored and did not follow the local lifestyle, so the hipsters decided to start using drugs.”

Creativity and addiction, the jewel of San Andreas has everything that makes one feel at home.  So now its time for us to explore the area even further. We will create jobs near or on the Alamo Sea. The theme will be "duel", or dual if you prefer.. open to your interpretation. Examples could be, but not limited to, locking a race to two vehicles (maybe a rivalry like Vapid vs Declasse), or assigning each team a different but specific weapon in a deathmatch. Let your creativity flow and lets help each other testing when needed.

We will allow 3 weeks for the creative process. During this time we will create the jobs, each player creates one (1) job. Then we will host the jobs in one or more events depending numbers. Please have the jobs ready by Saturday November 14th.

You are of course welcome to join the event even if you have not created a job!

To sign up, please let us know what type of job you are going to create, and keep us updated if you need to change the plan 😄

All jobs should hold 30 players, but if you choose a job-type that does not allow 30 players that is fine as well. We will try to adjust and include it somehow when possible.

If you never used the creator, now is the time to try it out!

Any questions, post away or contact me, @djw180or @omarcomin71

• Like 12

Nice! Been awhile since my last creation but I'll give it a go.

Better Wreckonize II maybe?😁

13 minutes ago, Lann said:

or assigning each team a different but specific weapon in a deathmatch.

Interesting. Did not know this was possible.

• Like 3

Looks great. I'll have some more time on my hands than usual the upcoming months so a great time to hit the creator, it's been years though since I last created something.

• Like 4

There have been a lot of updates to the creator that we can make use of. I'm sure I don't know them all but here's some that not everyone may know

• you can restrict races to specific custom vehicles
  • stunt races (anything with at least one stunt prop in it) are locked to the type of weather the creator decides on
  • King of the Hills can be created, with various options for what the "hill" is, a bit like captures, so can be an area or a vehicle, maybe a case?(not sure)
  • transform checkpoints, including a transform to on foot (or parachute if in mid air)
  • warp check points (they don't warp very far though)
  • special vehicle races, Ruiner 2000, Oppressor etc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How far away from Alamo Sea are we allowed to venture? Is the area defined by any landmarks/features/roads? I'm assuming it just needs to include the Alamo Sea in some way or are we limited by a defined area as well?

Just checking to see if I can somehow combine a job I'm planning to create for a future SRL with this one.

1 hour ago, zmurko said:

How far away from Alamo Sea are we allowed to venture? Is the area defined by any landmarks/features/roads? I'm assuming it just needs to include the Alamo Sea in some way or are we limited by a defined area as well?

Just checking to see if I can somehow combine a job I'm planning to create for a future SRL with this one.

If you can smell the sea you are ok.

• Like 1

@zmurkoi'm building a TDM at the Union Grain site 

Union Grain Supply Inc. | Grand Theft Encyclopedia | Fandom

it's a little ways from the Sea but I thought it was acceptable cause on top of the silos you can see the sea. 

@Lann can you please confirm that this isn't too far or just far enough before I continue building the TDM. Thanks, Bruddy.

6 minutes ago, Con said:

@zmurkoi'm building a TDM at the Union Grain site 

Union Grain Supply Inc. | Grand Theft Encyclopedia | Fandom

it's a little ways from the Sea but I thought it was acceptable cause on top of the silos you can see the sea. 

@Lann can you please confirm that this isn't too far or just far enough before I continue building the TDM. Thanks, Bruddy.

No problems.

• Thanks 1

My only issue at the moment is creating a 30 player TDM and having to place all those spawn points while I could have just made it easier by making the job open to only 16 players. What are your thoughts on this Lann? Can the combat jobs be the exception to the 30 player rule? Do you understand where I’m coming from?

2 hours ago, Con said:

My only issue at the moment is creating a 30 player TDM and having to place all those spawn points while I could have just made it easier by making the job open to only 16 players. What are your thoughts on this Lann? Can the combat jobs be the exception to the 30 player rule? Do you understand where I’m coming from?

There are some racing jobs that can only hold 16 by default, so if you create one of those it might not be played in a main event if all the other jobs holds 30 and we have 16+ Rsvp’s.

Same would apply if you create a 16 player job. Lets aim at 30 for all jobs. You got alot of time to try and make it work.

(If we do end up with alot of 16 jobs we could host them seperate. But its a  risk to start dividing stuff already, that way we might not even have a handfull jobs to play if we are 16+ rsvp’s.)

• Like 1

Just now, Lann said:

There are some racing jobs that can only hold 16 by default, so if you create one of those it might not be played in a main event if all the other jobs holds 30 and we have 16+ Rsvp’s.

Same would apply if you create a 16 player job. Lets aim at 30 for all jobs. You got alot of time to try and make it work.

(If we do end up with alot of 16 jobs we could host them seperate. But its a  risk to start dividing stuff already, that way we might not even have a handfull jobs to play if we are 16+ rsvp’s.)

No problem. That is why I asked. Just wanted to save time if I could that’s all. I will resume creating the job for 30 players. Thanks. 

• Like 1

I've came up with a great idea in my head, now going to try it out in the creator. Wouldn't be the first time though I thought of something very cool but eventually giving up because I couldn't created it the way I wanted it to be.

• Like 2

I have just made a transform race around the Alamo Sea. It needs some more work and testing but I think it will be ready for the event. The largest I could make it was 16 players though.

• Like 2

As you can host your own job before its published, would there be interest in testing some after Two Bros tonight? A partychat and some feedback?

• Like 1

I have a rather bumpy track. Some cars handle it very well, like the Issi Sport, RH8, Sultan Classic, Savestra, Retinue and even Stirling GT. 
Is there any known factor one can look at to see what cars handle bumpy tracks better?

Tagging you @Spinnaker1981 since i know you like the details like this.

Not really, it is a matter of suspension travel and dampening force, associated with the advanced handling files and tire clipping (which will associate with suspension used and tire used and where the center of mass of the car is). 

Well, there is a way to do it, which is comb through the suspension values in Broughy’s spreadsheet, but the Amount of work you would have to do is similar, and much more boring, than to just get a playlist going with a few crew members and test the cars themselves... 😂

Edited by Spinnaker1981

I did have a couple of ideas, but one needed to be a transform race (16 max, so no goer for this) and the other was a King of Hill in boats. But for some inexplicable reasons one of the boats I needed to use is not in the creator!

So I won't have anything to test for tonight.

• Like 1