Xero Gas Presents the 90s Sports Car Cup. October 7th

SkyeDave

1969823241_90sSportsCarCup.thumb.JPEG.c0d04fc4318b54ffbfe21a2d7a87319f.JPEG

This Wednesday October 7th Xero Gas Motorsport invites you to relive the heady days of the decade we all remember so fondly  with the 90s Sports Car Cup here in Los Santos.  We'll be putting the Jester Classic, the Sentinel Classic and the Comet Retro Custom through their paces over a playlist of 9 contact races on PS4. 

Competitors must race each car three times but can do so in whichever order they choose.  This should make for a varied grid of naturally aspirated, boxer and turbocharged rear wheel drive a*se out action that makes us question why  we ever thought contact racing was a good idea.

Its beneficial if you own all three cars but not completely necessary as we will set the races to GTA mode so the more skint among us can borrow a car every now and then.  Please let us know when signing up if you'll need to borrow an occasional car.

ap_FE75F57E-8C8D-415E-9246-CA12347A1353.thumb.JPEG.ab5f0fb45ad81a8a33c9d2470484fcc6.JPEGPictured:  Comet Retros and Sentinel Classics battling it out at LSIA in 1993. This was the year the Jesters were disqualified for not embracing britpop.

All entries must have racing liveries on the night for historical accuracy (in a fictional universe).  

Kerb boosting and brake boosting are frowned upon.  If you take someone out be polite and wait for them.  Nobody really cares who wins after all, just so long as it's not that guy in the pink and chrome car with neons.

We'll meet at the Xero Gas Warehouse near LSIA in an invite only session.  Add psn  'SKYEDAVE' to make sure you get your invite and to make me feel popular.

The rules of all 90s house parties still apply to this day:  Don't bring the police and don't be a bellend.

The playlist should take about 90 minutes.

Comment below to sign up.  Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions.

All are welcome so long as you race clean and don't dominate the chat.

Here's the playlist so you can have a wee practice so we don't all go piling into each other at the first hint of a hairpin.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/YOh5dJjHKke06ymr5bq6JA

1. @SkyeDaveXERO

2. @mulder XERO

3. @zmurkoXDBX

4. @LannXDBX

5. @Warriors-Ten VANS

6. @PaulieVANS

7.    Wilkibob. VBRJ

8. @RammsteinDUDEXDBX

9. @JuniorChubbVANS

10. @badingaaaVANS

11. @Mark VerstappenVANS

12. @djw180XDBX

13. @AlexHat29 VBRJ

14 .   Joyrider1    VBRJ

15.    EasedLight  VBRJ

16. @ProtocawlXDBX

17.    Noelly34   VBRJ

Edited by SkyeDave
Added Playlist Link
  • Like 2

👍

Nice trio of cars, which I've spotted as well the other day in Brofi's spreadsheets, when planning future events. Should be a great opportunity to see how they compare to each other in a real racing situation. In theory, they should be very very close on pace with each other.

We shall see firsthand, as I would gladly join you all on Wednesday if you'll have me. I'll buy the 2 cars I dont't own yet too. ☺

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

I would like to attend, just for the record I can put on any racing livery I want right?

Great news. Yes of course, anything at all.

• Like 3

Great, because I'm still under contract with Meinmacht. I didn't read the fine print before the start of the Pfister Supercup 3 years ago and it turns out, they own all my Comets until I die and I can't change a thing on them without a written consent by Meinmacht. 😐

I signed with Fukaru and RON as well, they were practically begging me to, so they'll cover expenses for 6 raced. 😁

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

I'll dust the controller off for this one Dave. 

Cartoon Knife GIF by Scooby-Doo

Are you taking the p*ss? First time you appear for ages and I'm not there

• Haha 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

17 hours ago, SkyeDave said:

Here's the playlist folks so you can have a wee practice so we don't all go crashing into each other at the first hint of a hairpin.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/YOh5dJjHKke06ymr5bq6JA

What are you doing... never post the playlist in advance if XDBX are coming along. Our only hope of winning a few races was the element of surprise!

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

What are you doing... never post the playlist in advance if XDBX are coming along. Our only hope of winning a few races was the element of surprise!

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

Haha, I know.  I did give it some thought but once we hit 10 entries on contact racing I thought we'd better let everyone figure out where the hairpins were so there was less chances of unsuspecting victims on the end of such surprises. If only there was some other way you could have gained an advantage by..... I dunno, creating half the tracks????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, djw180 said:

I'll be there but probably late, if you're starting at 20:30. I may not be online till nearly 21:00.

Nice one.  We'll see how long it takes everyone to get sorted.  At worst you'll probably only miss couple of races.  We've got a couple of people who usually need to get away at the other end of the night hence us normally starting at 8pm.  I split the difference to make sure everyone was mildly unhappy with a different start time.

• Like 1

@SkyeDavejust checked the playlist, looks good.

Myth’s Xero Gas race may be a little tight for 10 racers though, you may wanna consider non-contact for that one.

Please excuse my managerial intrusion but old habits die hard. 😉 

• Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

57 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

@SkyeDavejust checked the playlist, looks good.

Myth’s Xero Gas race may be a little tight for 10 racers though, you may wanna consider non-contact for that one.

Please excuse my managerial intrusion but old habits die hard. 😉 

It's ok Chubb, it's 16 entries now so it should be fine........

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, djw180 said:

Which liveries are the "sporting ones" and do they have to be the same on all 3 cars?

@djw180Sorry, I didn't make that very clear.  Racing liveries would be great, anything with sponsors on. No it doesn't need to be the same on all three cars.  Mix it up all you want.  It's just to give the whole event a bit of a theme and helps mask any poor car/track/setting decisions I make.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3