22/07 - Gone In 60 Minutes, a GTA Scavenger Hunt

Challenger001

Evening all.

I mentioned last week that I'd be up for running a race-free night since as you've all probably worked out, I'm getting more and more disillusioned with simply 'standard' race nights. I know I probably took that a little far last Wednesday but I'm going to try and make amends and hopefully put on a good show.

The idea of these challenges was stolen from the popular UK Gaming channel the Yogscast, where the concept was for teams of three to bring back the vehicles on a 'hit list' and points awarded for rarity and difficulty in obtaining them. I'm curious to see if anyone would like to come. 

The RULES:

-> Everyone will be split into teams (depending on how many are there on the night, if a maximum of 15 we'll go with 3 teams of 5). We'll probably use Securoserv CEOs to have team colours

-> You have an hour in real time to bring back as many cars on the list from around the map. A vehicle is counted if it is exited  in the drop off zone intact, safely, and it's without any doubt that it breaks the following rule...

-> No Personal or Pegasus vehicles may be brought along for the dropoff. Obviously it's difficult to tell when a Pegasus vehicle rule is broken, I'm relying on good trust for you to use ones you have to spawn others. 

-> The police may not be brought along to the meet. -2 points for each time a member of your CEO brings the police to the dropoff - if multiple people arrive at the same time it's both teams docked points so it's not worth it!

-> To prevent everyone zipping around the map in Oppressors the search vehicle (i.e. the PERSONAL VEHICLE you must look for your cars in) is a BLAZER of some kind. It can be the standard, Hot Rod, Street, whatever, but it has to be a quadbike for the full Scrapheap Challenge aspect. 

-> Similarly since it -may- be required we would advise to keep your active pegasus vehicle if you're using one to a CARGOBOB. No telling when your team might need it!

-> Killing other team members is very much frowned upon, but a clean carjack will be accepted. -1 points will be given at the FIA's (i.e. My) discretion. And unlike the FIA I may choose to penalise the better scoring teams to let ones doing poorly catch up. 

--

For an example of what to expect, here's a brief suggestion of what you -could- expect to have to bring back. Don't expect these to be in the final product of course!

Fire Engine (1 point)
Barracks (1 point)
Buzzard (2 points)
Marquis (5 points)

TL;DR? Turn up with ANY BLAZER at Higgins' Helitours at Wednesday Night at 8 GMT and await further instructions...

...who's in?

---

By request of @CatManDoza, post below to get started!

Attending:

Catmandoza
Mulder
Chubb
Warriors-Ten
Eser
Badingaa
AlexHat
MisterPaulie
SkyeDave

Edited by Challenger001
  • Like 1

for my own personal gratification, can you add 'post below to get involved' to the end of your post pretty please?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Sounds slightly complicated but I’m sure it’ll make sense once a few beers have been had, count me in 👍. I’d better go and purchase a Blazer.....

1 minute ago, mulder said:

Sounds slightly complicated but I’m sure it’ll make sense once a few beers have been had, count me in 👍. I’d better go and purchase a Blazer.....

nothing 4 cans of Polish lager can't sort out Mulder old pal.

11 hours ago, Challenger001 said:

TL;DR? Turn up with ANY BLAZER at Higgins' Helitours at Wednesday Night at 8 GMT and await further instructions...

I’m in!

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Slighty complicated says Mulder 😅 I have already trouble interperting clues with the Mystery car nights and I have the feeling this is going to be way beyond that. Got a lot on my mind and being very busy lately I really liked to race, relax and see you all again after missing out last week but I am not sure I'll be up for this unfortunately but we'll see.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Slighty complicated says Mulder 😅 I have already trouble interperting clues with the Mystery car nights and I have the feeling this is going to be way beyond that. Got a lot on my mind and being very busy lately I really liked to race, relax and see you all again after missing out last week but I am not sure I'll be up for this unfortunately but we'll see.

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong. 

Basically there is a list of vehicles, and we have to go and get them, but they must all be found on the street in free roam, no PV's or pegasus etc. 

• Like 2

After watching a couple of videos on it I realised it’s not that complicated after all @Paulie. I think it’s like catman says, we split into teams, are given a list of vehicles to find out on the streets, kill Dave a few times for the lols, then we get as many vehicles back as we can before we run out of time.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mulder said:

After watching a couple of videos on it I realised it’s not that complicated after all @Paulie. I think it’s like catman says, we split into teams, are given a list of vehicles to find out on the streets, kill Dave a few times for the lols, then we get as many vehicles back as we can before we run out of time.

Yeah forgot to add that, I watched a couple of the vids too, seemed simple enough. Think they made it look harder as they were killing each other. 

I am defo an supporter of the dave killing though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paulie said:

Absolutely up to you paulie, no pressure to come if you don't feel like it. But you'd be 100% welcome, and if you want to grab me before to ask more details I'll probably be able to articulate it better. Sorry for seeming super complicated. 

31 minutes ago, mulder said:

Don’t worry @Challenger001, not your fault, we’re just dumba**es😂. Anything more complicated than “pick a car and race it for 3 laps” and we’re lost 😂

speak for yourself mate!!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jm2uy7n6isoznrfwjv

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh and also, it's not right without this

Amas 2019 GIF by AMAs

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Well that’s it for me, if @Paulie and @SkyeDave are in.....

Then I’m out!

Bad puns and F1 wheels on a Blazer?

Saint Tropez GIF by Post Malone

Very well constructed sir, I applaud you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Well that’s it for me, if @Paulie and @SkyeDave are in.....

Then I’m out!

Bad puns and F1 wheels on a Blazer?

Saint Tropez GIF by Post Malone

No need to junior blubb about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

No need to junior blubb about it.

Excellent response young sir!

i am afraid to report that there are no Touche Turtle memes in the library to reply with.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

21 minutes ago, Trashbags said:

not 100% i will be there tonight leg is really bad today 

Hope it gets better for you mate. We need a Trashbags grumble at some point 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1