GTA5 on PS5

JuniorChubb

20 hours ago, Squirrel said:

This one is better at showing what sort of joke this company has become.

spZe3yY.png

Edited by Sinister

Waaaah R* don't release a game every year!!!!  I'd rather have one well made game every five years than annual bullsh*t like Ubisoft and EA do with Far Cry/Assassin's Creed/Watchdog/FIFA/Madden etc etc.

We're all gonna f*cking buy it anyway.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Waaaah R* don't release a game every year!!!!  I'd rather have one well made game every five years than annual bullsh*t like Ubisoft and EA do with Far Cry/Assassin's Creed/Watchdog/FIFA/Madden etc etc.

We're all gonna f*cking buy it anyway.

Thankfully R* not the only company making games. My guess is we would be on like GTA8 and it probably wouldn’t be making them mega millions or be #1 game May 2020.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, omarcomin71 said:

I’ll be first in line to get a PS5 and I guarantee I’ll be playing GTA5 first day.  

I’ll get it cause it’s a crew staple. But I’m just curious about the enhancements and what could they really add to GTAV for the PS5. Will they make our yachts sailable? Will they finish some of the construction sites...that would be awesome, log in to LS on PS5 and map is slightly different. Will we be finally able to customize our apartments like we can our Penthouses? But I have no idea what they could do realistically, maybe Smurf or one of our other resident hardware geniuses can give us an idea what to expect.

I'm perfectly ok with that release timeline. 

Games are much more complex to make these days and I'm glad they don't release a new one every two years. 

Every r* release is a masterpiece. Like Con said, there are other studios that make good games so we can wait for the amazing ones we've come to love. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sinister said:

This one is better at showing what sort of joke this company has become.

spZe3yY.png

That is not right. They released bully as well... 

EDIT: just saw it there, nevermind...

Edited by Spinnaker1981

2 hours ago, Con said:

I’ll get it cause it’s a crew staple. But I’m just curious about the enhancements and what could they really add to GTAV for the PS5. Will they make our yachts sailable? Will they finish some of the construction sites...that would be awesome, log in to LS on PS5 and map is slightly different. Will we be finally able to customize our apartments like we can our Penthouses? But I have no idea what they could do realistically, maybe Smurf or one of our other resident hardware geniuses can give us an idea what to expect.

LMMFAO!

NONE of that stuff!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

12 hours ago, Con said:

You will be getting the same map you have been playing for nearly 7 years now but with prettier graphics, some new clothes and a new go fetch business. For a look at the graphics watch some videos of the current PC version because that is what a PS5 is capable of. Granted it will be a big improvement over the current console versions and I look forward to some screenshots/videos.

I want to know more about the stand alone online game and what they have planned for that.  I'm really surprised they didn't do it years ago. Of course these things take time and has most likely been planned for sometime.

On another note, I wonder if they will eventually bring RDR2 over as well or just put a fork in it and let it die with the PS4. 

30 minutes ago, Sinister said:

On another note, I wonder if they will eventually bring RDR2 over as well or just put a fork in it and let it die with the PS4. 

Well they have 93 games planned to be released throughout the next 5 years, and some being developed upon for the past 5 year, some for franchise and the mobile phone. It was mentioned some time ago at a investors meeting that they will make a next RDR but without a timeline or any further details.

• 11 months later...
41 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I'll be getting it when it releases.  Free is the best price.

Are we going to have a releaseparty that evening?!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lann said:

Are we going to have a releaseparty that evening?!

Sure! I think there's only four or five of us with PS5s at the moment though.  They need to get more stock out there!

52 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Sure! I think there's only four or five of us with PS5s at the moment though.  They need to get more stock out there!

I want a PS5. I have the money for a PS5. Can’t find a PS5. 

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Yeah. As soon as I find a 30 series GPU I will begin looking for the next unicorn, a PS5. GTAO is just one of those games best played on a hack proof console and I really miss my OG character on PS.

They are out there, you just have to dedicate most of your life to following bots/stock updaters on Twitter, Discord, Reddit, etc and being lucky enough to get in a bid faster than they can. Unfortunately I am too busy working and what not to really invest any time into it.

Hopefully stock levels are more normalized by the end of this year.

2 hours ago, Sinister said:

Hopefully stock levels are more normalised by the end of this year.

Sony said it will be more readily available 1st half 2022, also a new model of the PS5 is being considered to speed up manufacturing.

Did any of you spot any of the new Xbox One S or X in store?

Edited by Smurf

I'll likely get it on release. Im definitely down for a release party 😄

16 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

I want a PS5. I have the money for a PS5. Can’t find a PS5. 

Have you tried looking at international order? Not sure about cost, but supply here is definitely better than in US or EU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skorpion said:

I'll likely get it on release. Im definitely down for a release party 😄

Have you tried looking at international order? Not sure about cost, but supply here is definitely better than in US or EU.

Do they still have different versions of consoles? I know there used to be a difference between PAL and NTSC but not sure if that’s still an issue. 

The other potential issue is the power supply. EU, UK and US all have different standards. I don’t know what style your plugs are down under?

11 hours ago, Sinister said:

They are out there, you just have to dedicate most of your life to following bots/stock updaters on Twitter, Discord, Reddit, etc and being lucky enough to get in a bid faster than they can. Unfortunately I am too busy working and what not to really invest any time into it.

Hopefully stock levels are more normalized by the end of this year.

Yeah I'm on a Discord for UK stock updates but the demand is high https://discord.com/channels/787967547671969894/787983884989628446

Could have grabbed one a few nights ago, but I had just got into bed and PC was off.

13 hours ago, Smurf said:

Did any of you spot any of the new Xbox One S or X in store?

I did see a Series S in a Wal Mart the other day.

Passed on it due to slightly less performance than X and only half the storage space of one. A digital console should come standard with plenty of storage for the games you MUST download to play. Even Game Pass requires installing the actual game.  

If I have to wait until next year for console things to return to normal that is fine. I'm far too invested in PC and have enough games to play for a couple of years. I prefer it for single player stuff anyways. Even PSNow is an option for PC and PS exclusives are also starting to get ported over. Days Gone just dropped and quickly became the top seller on Steam.

Edited by Sinister

11 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Do they still have different versions of consoles? I know there used to be a difference between PAL and NTSC but not sure if that’s still an issue. 

The other potential issue is the power supply. EU, UK and US all have different standards. I don’t know what style your plugs are down under?

I dont think regions matter with consoles anymore. Im pretty sure BluRay and digital dont use PAL or NTSC. I remember buying PS3 games from UK because they were cheaper than here and I didnt have to worry about regions.

We do have different plugs than both UK and US, but the power connection on PS5 matches the one on PS4 so you could just use the power cable from your PS4, which is what Im doing. It's also fairly cheap to get an adaptor to change the plug to fit your outlets.

PAL vs NTSC is moot. Using an electronic device from Australia in the United States all depends upon the device. Australia, like many other countries in the world, use 230 volts  50 Hz while the US uses 120 Volts 60 Hz. Many things today are built to handle both requirements but not everything.

I remember having to by converter boxes to use my US products while living in Germany but that was in the late 1990s. Most products sold in  AAFES  locations could be manually switched to work on either but todays electronics do it automatically.

Have to check the labels on the electronic device to see what voltages it can support.