RSCnet

The First Look At The PlayStation 5

RSCnet

Click here to watch embedded media

Sony hasn't revealed the price or release date of the PlayStation 5, but it did give us the first look at the console itself.

The system is sandwiched between two curving outer blades that serve as an open shell of sorts. The videos repeatedly showed the PS5 in the vertical position, with a stand, although there was a brief glimpse of the console on its side. In this "flat" configuration, the stand looks like it sits under the unit like a puck.

A digital edition without a disc drive was also shown (along with a host of official first-party accessories), but again, we don't know what anything costs just yet.

ps5.jpg

View the full article

Squirrel

Nothing on price yet. 

Few of the games looked like they have been developed with VR in mind, the new camera suggests that VR will be available from launch and I’ve heard the old headsets will be compatible. 

• Like 1

Con
8 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Nothing on price yet. 

Few of the games looked like they have been developed with VR in mind, the new camera suggests that VR will be available from launch and I’ve heard the old headsets will be compatible. 

Oh the hate mail they would have received had they not made the current VR headset compatible. I know I'll get suckered into buying the new gen VR headset. So I havent had a chance to study the new PS5 so when I do I will come back and share my unsolicited thoughts. 

Squirrel

I wonder if they’re going to force the racers to get another new steering wheel. I can imagine a lot of unhappy GT players if their GT27’s etc aren’t compatible. 

zztop911

Looks like it's meant to run standing up with heat rising in mind.

Welcome to the nuthouse or the slaughter house................it.just depends!

You never know what's going to happen, but rest assured, it's gonna be fun!