What's Under The Hood?

SkyeDave

thumbnail_ap_5D9462AB-CCED-466C-A937-D1AB6CFCD9B3.thumb.jpg.8c5acdacf8f297f919c9f17bc40647a9.jpg

Is it Stock or Sleeper?  Racer or Ricer?

Join us this Wednesday 3rd June for a muscle car series with a difference.  As well as trying to beat each other on the track we'll be trying to trick each other into being in slower cars as we wonder, what's under the hood?  It's like a game of poker at 100mph.

The 11 Cars allowed on the night:

Blade, Dukes (not of Death), Ruiner, Sabre Turbo(not custom), Burger Shot Stallion, Phoenix, Redwood Gauntlet, Stallion, Buccaneer, Gauntlet and the Vigero

You can pick a different car each race or stay in the same one.  The cars can be fully modded, they can be stock or if you're feeling particularly devious you can bring one that looks modded when actually it's stock because......

At the start of each race, all  players, depending on where they finished in the last race, will get a chance to swap cars with someone else in an effort to bag something fast and leave them with a total dog. Or they can stick with what they've got and hope no one else takes it from them.  

So if you've got time, then in preparation for the night you should make some of your fast cars look stock and maybe buy a couple of stock ones and make them look quick.  This is why the selection of cars are all reasonably priced.  Remember you'll always be able to pick a stock car on the night from the game selection even if you don't own it.

A more detailed explanation of the rules follows:

1. In the car selection screen pick any muscle car from the above list. Any owned or stock version of it.  

2. Try to hover over your selection for as long as possible without clicking select to give everyone a chance to scroll through the seemingly endless supply of muscle cars we’ve all acquired.

3. If you accidentally pick a car that isn’t listed we will spawn you in something on the grid before we start the swapping.

4. The grid will be the reverse order of the results of the last race.  The first race will be order of sign up.

5. At the beginning of each race everyone will back up from the grid a bit to give us space to work.

6. When your turn comes to go to the grid you will have two choices:

Choice 1:  Swap cars with someone else, take your place on the grid and sit in the car.  This car is then yours for the race and no one can touch it.  The person you swapped with has your car but they will also have a turn to swap it with someone else.

Choice 2:  Keep your own car for the race and go to the grid and stand beside your car.  Here you run the risk that someone else may swap for your car.  You will keep your place on the grid but you will end up driving whatever car has been swapped with you.

7. Other players looking at the grid will be able to see easily which cars they can and can’t take depending on whether the driver is sitting in the car or standing beside it.

8. Once a car is stolen, it can not be stolen by someone else for that race.  

9. During the race if you’ve ended up with an absolute horror of a car or have a bad race and end up wallowing near the back then remember in the next race you’ll be starting further up the grid and have an earlier choice of car so your misery shouldn’t last too long unless you make a mess of it.

10. At the next race you can again pick from any car on the selection screen from the list, owned or stock version, including a car you’ve already picked.  

Show some interest below to be involved and feel free to ask questions!

1. SkyeDave

2. Mulder

3. Chubb

4. Stapp

5. Catman

6. Paulie

7. Eser

8. Challenger

9. Warriors

10. Ginger (maybe)

11. Spinnaker

12. Trashbags

13. Bigeardinga 

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Like 2

I don’t know what’s more shocking....

@SkyeDave’s excellent poster or @mulder making a post!

Welcome to the forums Mulder.

Oh also.... I’m in 👍

Thumbs Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, SkyeDave said:

you should make some of your fast cars look stock and maybe buy a couple of stock ones and make them look quick.

So no partial performance upgrades?

Also not sure if we have to bring only one or multiple cars? Whichever it is. I'm in!

15 minutes ago, Mark Verstappen said:

So no partial performance upgrades?

Also not sure if we have to bring only one or multiple cars? Whichever it is. I'm in!

Good question.  Yes Stap.  You can do partial upgrades if you like.  All upgraded, no upgrades and everything in-between.  You can bring a different car each race just as long as it's on the list.  You can bring a different version of each car each race too.  Bring a fully modded Sabre Turbo on the first time then a stock one the second time to fool your opponents.

• Like 1

Quite disappointed you didn't say post below to get involved, thus bring an end to my run of post malone gifs. 

Also, I'm in

• Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I think I am in but not completely sure at this moment. Its all a bit too much too grasp and I think I am missing the points that should be fun. I just don't understand it fully I am afraid. So many things you can or can't do its confusing me a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, Paulie said:

I think I am in but not completely sure at this moment. Its all a bit too much too grasp and I think I am missing the points that should be fun. I just don't understand it fully I am afraid. So many things you can or can't do its confusing me a bit.

It’s ok Paulie. The first round or two will be a proper walk through. We’ll take our time and we’ll get it right.i know it’s a bit complicated but I’m confident it’ll be fun once we get the hang of it.

4 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

It’s ok Paulie. The first round or two will be a proper walk through. We’ll take our time and we’ll get it right.i know it’s a bit complicated but I’m confident it’ll be fun once we get the hang of it.

I have no doubt in that but what do i need to prepare? Not just one car right? Ah well we'll see

@Paulie it’s a game of bluff... bullet points always help in these situations 😉

• Each race you turn up in any car from the list.
  • You can make it fully modded and hope nobody takes it.
  • You can pick a stock car and hope somebody takes it.
  • You can style a car to trick people into using it, but also risk being stuck with it.

@SkyeDave & @Mark Verstappen the players that tend to PM to ask if they can join, can you please point them here so they know in advance what’s going on. 3 or 4 players just turning up on the night may cause a bit of chaos.

The rules seem spot on, the standing by your car or sitting in your car is a nice way to show the cars availability. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

@Paulie it’s a game of bluff... bullet points always help in these situations 😉

• Each race you turn up in any car from the list.
  • You can make it fully modded and hope nobody takes it.
  • You can pick a stock car and hope somebody takes it.
  • You can style a car to trick people into using it, but also risk being stuck with it.

@SkyeDave & @Mark Verstappen the players that tend to PM to ask if they can join, can you please point them here so they know in advance what’s going on. 3 or 4 players just turning up on the night may cause a bit of chaos.

The rules seem spot on, the standing by your car or sitting in your car is a nice way to show the cars availability. 👍

Hi @JuniorChubb, Yeah, I've already messaged, Eser, Badingaa, Warriors and Smashcrash.  The idea for standing beside the car or in it was yours I believe.....

@Paulie  You don't have to necessarily prepare anything if you don't want to.  You can just use your fully modded cars and stock ones from the menu if you don't want it to get too complicated.   But like Chubb says if you make one of your fully modded cars look stock or make a stock car look fast it will give you more options to trick people.

I'm anticipating spending a bit of time explaining it on the night but I'm confident that if we can master @Mark Verstappens Grid logic on our own then we can figure this one out too!

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

The idea for standing beside the car or in it was yours I believe.....

That’s why it’s a good idea. 👍

I'm anticipating spending a bit of time explaining it on the night but I'm confident that if we can master @Mark Verstappens Grid logic on our own then we can figure this one out too!

😂😅👍

• Like 1

Well, I've done another 5 mile walk this morning and now the chubb rubb between my legs is ridiculous, so I'm gonna spend this afternoon sorting my cars out! 

• Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

26 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Well, I've done another 5 mile walk this morning and now the chubb rubb between my legs is ridiculous, so I'm gonna spend this afternoon sorting my cars out! 

Next time I’m exchanging paint with @JuniorChubb I’m going to refer to it as the chubb rubb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Next time I’m exchanging paint with @JuniorChubb I’m going to refer to it as the chubb rubb.

People would pay for a bit of a Chubb Rub you know!

This is grid based picking right? So who picks first? The one who wins or the one who ends up at the back? If we want competition, I would say last place picks first... 😅

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

This is grid based picking right? So who picks first? The one who wins or the one who ends up at the back? If we want competition, I would say last place picks first... 😅

Yup... last place picks first and gets first place on the grid too.

• Like 1

Just now, Spinnaker1981 said:

This is tomorow 8pm gmt? 

Then I am in. I have till around 9:30 to be online. Should be able to attend most races.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Then I am in. I have till around 9:30 to be online. Should be able to attend most races.

Will be good to have you along 👍