Extend range of wifi.

I dont know enough to know what i need.

I have UniFi AP AC Pro supplying me with wifi.

Now I would like to get something to extend/boost/increase the wifi range as I moved my PS4 further away. The connection is ok, but i want to see if it can be better. 

What type of product do i need, and what do i need to know setting it up?

Lann

Check out Orbi's options.

Still working perfect!

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Don't use range extenders. Especially not the ones with only 1 radio. They can create a kind of data traffic jam

Create a wifi access point. Yes you need to get a cable to it. But it performs way better. Also for the roaming.

Edited by Schumi6581

4 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

Don't use range extenders. Especially not the ones with only 1 radio. They can create a kind of data traffic jam

Create a wifi access point. Yes you need to get a cable to it. But it performs way better. Also for the roaming.

Orbi doesn't have that problem!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

My router is in the small room were all the power/tv/water/gas comes in oure house. Not a good place for a wifi signal. I turned that wifi signal off and bought two TP-Link Deco M5's. They both act as wifi access points. One in the living room and one in the attic. Thats all I need

7 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Orbi doesn't have that problem!

Orbi is Mesh. Better than a regular range extender. Definitely.

Roamimg is way better because its an ecosystem. But still. The nodes normally still connect wirelessly with each other. So you need to get them at the right distance...

But if you get it right its...

nbc brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Edited by Schumi6581

2 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

Orbi is Mesh. Better than a regular range extender. Definitely.

Roamimg is way better because its an ecosystem. But still. The nodes normally still connect wirelessly with each other. So you need to get them at the right distance...

Base and Satellite are on opposite sides of the house. My shop is about 60ft from the Satellite. Signal in the metal shop is only about 5% slower than at the router.

It's been an outstanding product and is simple enough for any non-tech savi person to set up and operate. You can control the system by computer or phone app.

You can have an encrypted and guest network and see what devices are on the network with the phone app.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!