Top Gear Reasonably Priced Cars: Sedans

Challenger001

Sedans-Challenge-2020-1-768x432.jpg

This Wednesday at 20:00 BST will be a Top Gear Reasonably Priced Car night.

With the prices of vehicles rising with every update, it's nice to know you can pay less than you get for completing your Daily Challenges. We examine the prospect of competing against each other on a limited budget.

Rules: Any Sedan purchasable off Southern San Andreas Super Autos that costs less than $23,000.

There is a strict maximum of $23,000 spend on your vehicle. This includes all upgrades (i.e. if you want to add spoiler, you have to add it to the price of the vehicle. Think along the lines of the Porsche challenge 'spend what you have left after your purchase on upgrading).

>An aftermarket spray job must be included in the price. You may not turn up in a car the same colour as ordered off the website (so no white, black, lime green, hot pink, red, blue, orange or yellow)

Meet up

We will meet up at the Galileo Observatory for some free roam testing before moving onto a playlist of races if time allows.

Beware the penalty car!

Penalty Car if you don't buy anything for the races (i.e. doing a Stapp): Stock Emperor.

Post below to sign up...

1. Alex
  2. Catman
  3. Chubb
  4. BK
  5. Stappo
  6. Dave
  7. Trashy
  8. Paulie
  9. Mulder
  10. Eser
  11. Badingaa
  12. Warriors

Edited by Challenger001

@JuniorChubb I have no clue on hardware. I just asked a friend what would be good to build a new PC and basically bought that. Build it myself when it arrived though.

• Like 1

Added one extra rule in the first post. Everyone -must- respray their car and add that price to the total cost, hence the extra $1k compared to when I last ran a cheap car challenge like this (I did it in multiples of 11, so last time I did it $22k). This is also to avoid people turning up in hideously bright colours for an otherwise 'ordinary' and cheap event. Break out the gloss Sea Green and Grace Red everyone!

• Like 1

Do we do our modifications (within the budget) before we show up on the night?  Just checking there isn't a before and after before I blow a few hundred quid on a spoiler and find out I shouldn't have yet.  (There's a recession on don't you know)

All modifications must be done before the night, if you can give a breakdown in here as to what you spent that would make it easier but if you want it to be a surprise you can. For example:

Declasse Primo ($10,000)
Custom Front Splitter ($1,000)
Big Bore Exhaust ($1,800)
Tuner Wing ($550)
Engine Upgrade 2 ($2500)
Street Transmission ($5900)
Classic Saxon Blue Paint ($900) 

=$22,650

I also have a few interested friends who were excited by me running a cheap car challenge again, so if you guys don't mind, may I bring them along?

17 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Hope it won't turn out as a Primo night 😅

I think Primo is Bennies... we are using SSASA cars. 

Double check though, this is just from memory.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

I think Primo is Bennies... we are using SSASA cars. 

Double check though, this is just from memory.

It's available on both SSAS and Bennys.....

• Like 1

Lols Chubb didn't even realise that but with Challenger giving it as An example I assumed it must be allowed 😉

I've had to use a gta vehicle database to remind me which are sedans!!! is everyone else posting their cars in here or not?

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

1 minute ago, CatManDoza said:

I've had to use a gta vehicle database to remind me which are sedans!!! is everyone else posting their cars in here or not?

I'm not.  I've sent the details to Challenger though for approval.  I know Mulder has bought and modded his too but he hasn't told me what it is.

Just now, SkyeDave said:

I'm not.  I've sent the details to Challenger though for approval.  I know Mulder has bought and modded his too but he hasn't told me what it is.

hmmmm, I concur, I shall PM challenger too

• Like 1

Oh and @Challenger001 I didn't say but I have no issues at all with your other pals coming along.

As long as they're all worse than me and if possible better than Mulder.  Somehow.

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Haha 2

Sorted, all you need to know is I was $5 short of a light blue paint job!!!

• Haha 1

f*ck, I actually meant to post 'Premier' as that was what I used for my testing, haha. Similar names, must have slipped.

If you want to post it publicly, go for it. Variety is the spice of life after all, and the PH cars will probably remain a secret until the day as well. 

Having it public makes my job easier, but it's up to you guys reallly. First time making one of these challenges on here so I'm going to see how it goes. 

Edited by Challenger001

How many of your pals are that challenger? If its like 10+ I think its a bit much. But I'd say a few is more than fine.

Also Eser and Badinga would like to join again.

Honestly I'm only expecting three. The rest can't behave themselves and won't be let in. 

• Like 3