King of the Sumo

djw180

King of the Sumo

I couldn't think of a better name.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/we5IIWkInE6zpSdbHM2jtA

Normal (not for teams) King of the Hill based loosly on Sumo.

One hill at a crossroads in LS.

Start and respawn in cars.

The idea is you try to hold a hill or knock other players out of it.

I chose the Slamvan to be easily pushed about by other Slamvans.

Traffic should be left on so you can obtain another vehicle if you like.

This is very rough at the moment, really just a test in principle to see if it works. I wanted to be there for a test before posting but my ISP had other ideas for last nights WoW.

So how did it go, @Lann @pete_95973 @omarcomin71 @Beez @Dead-Demon @WasHatched?

Edited by djw180

Just now, djw180 said:

King of the Sumo

I couldn't think of a better name.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/we5IIWkInE6zpSdbHM2jtA

Normal (not for teams) King of the Hill based loosly on Sumo.

Two Hills.

Start and respawn in cars.

The idea is you try to hold a hill or knock other players out of it.

I chose the Slamvan to be easily pushed about by other Slamvans.

This is very rough at the moment, really just a test in principle to see if it works. I wanted to be there for a test before posting but my ISP had other ideas for last nights WoW.

So how did it go, @Lann @pete_95973 @omarcomin71 @Beez ?

I got kicked right before this started.  Lann, Beez, Dead Demon, and washatched played it though.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

It worked ok even with just 4.
I think a issue is that once there is >1 in the circle noone gets points, but thats also needed for it to work or everyone would just park in it and be settled.

What it there was only one hill, weaker vehicles and in traffic?

• Like 1

Changed area to a cross roads in LS with traffic on and just one hill.

Slamvan is still the vehicle because I can not see a way to change the start vehicle. I'd have to start from scratch to do that, which I will if the Slamvan proves not very good, but for now see how this works.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

This job seems to be bugged. Again we tried to play this during Two Bros and like during WoW everyone but four players were kicked. 

Wednesday I was one the players that was kicked so I didn’t get to play on the island.  I did like it in the middle of the intersection but it didn’t take long before we were all jumping out of our cars and fist fighting each other. 

• Like 1

Still fighting the issue that only 1 can get points at any given time, so if there are more than one in the circle noone gets points. One way to do it might be to set the entire area to be the hill, and once you are pushed off there is no way back up, so whoever is the last one remaining in the hill will win. Would need to be set to a certain and low points to win, so that once you got everyone else off the thing you will soon win.

I got a video from 2B, will upload.

• Like 1

The problem for me is the minimum size of a hill is quite big. I wonder if there is a way to make it effectively smaller, props within to make the middle innacessible, or I wonder if I could put it on stunt props high up in the air, like the original, but set the hill over a hole so you can only access the edge of the hill.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:35 AM, djw180 said:

The problem for me is the minimum size of a hill is quite big. I wonder if there is a way to make it effectively smaller, props within to make the middle innacessible, or I wonder if I could put it on stunt props high up in the air, like the original, but set the hill over a hole so you can only access the edge of the hill.

My Drop Zone style KotH has the hill raised off the ground so it becomes a sphere, so the higher you raise it the narrower the part that's at ground level will be. Maybe something like that could work to make the area smaller.

• Like 1