Updates GTA

Lann

I wish we could save different setups for our cars, just like we can save different outfits for our character. It would be nice to be able to have seperate setups for things like a car show, a rally race, a street race.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a single car in the trailer, still excited!!

9tvTp3Q.jpg

Anything goes on Cayo Perico, a private paradise that's home to the infamous El Rubio, the world’s preeminent narcotrafficker and supplier to the Madrazo family.

Cayo Perico is not only the nerve center of El Rubio’s drug empire, but the island also plays host to his other great love: marathon dance parties on golden beaches, where everyone from jetsetters and heiresses to legendary music producers gather to rave until the sun comes up.

But away from the beach’s earthly delights lies an untold fortune in art, gold and drug money, scattered across the island. It’s the score of a lifetime for those who can find a way in.

The Cayo Perico Heist is the biggest GTA Online adventure ever and will be available on December 15th. Stay tuned for more details, and check out the lineup for The Music Locker, Los Santos’ hottest new underground club that’s opening soon.

Cool!! I'm tired of skipping all the You Tube speculation videos out there. There are 1M of those. Nice to see something official. 

Highlights: The Submarine looks cool. 

Lowlights: Another club. While I dont care about the music, I also feel its just a copy and paste club. We can see the club has the same lights we can purchase for our clubs. 

Final Thoughts: They said we will be able to do these solo but the trailer looked like there was a lot of co-operation. It just felt like a Heist set up on an island and not much more, i'm guessing the reward of the thing will come in the form of the new cars and planes and boats and clothes. The entire trailer felt like just another Heist with complex setups on an island and we will need A LOT of spending money to buy a submarine, armored boats and that kind of stuff. 

Edited by Con

12 minutes ago, Lann said:

Not a single car in the trailer, still excited!!

I hope a second trailer shows us the cool cars and stuff. I'm bothered by the fact that I did not see one Stromberg in the trailer or in the poster. I do see a dude parachutting down from a Jet but no Stromberg? Sad. 

I've noticed the same detail as Lann, Madrazo files $1.100.000, Secondary target $2.848.800.

There's several new cars/vehicles in the thumbnail @Lann : Mesa Classic type of jeep, a super classic look a like, a new jet and a new chopper.

There appears to be another new helicopter:

kj9AGBo.png

A new "attack" boat (and previously seen armoured Dinghy):

9hx7CV8.jpg

And I assume this is El Rubio:

TiCzqll.png

Not Latin at all though. 😒

Oh well, 6 more days! 😁

Edited by zmurko

20 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Front of that Sports (Super) Classic in the thumbnail looks like a Lamborghini Marzal concept or maybe a Aston Martin Lagonda:

Lamborghini_Marzal,_GIMS_2018,_Le_Grand-

1982_Aston_Martin_Lagonda_Series_2,_V8,_

Saw this here

PicsArt_12-09-09.52.49

3 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

KULT FM sounds so cool !!!

As a fan of everything Reggae,  I want a new Reggae station. I will say, there are some interesting sentences in some of the radio station descriptions. I think they are hinting at being able to help make a radio station successful, like Radio Station Manager Business kind of thing. We shall see.

Edited by Con

I like that there is finally a grappling hook, hopefully R* extended the height that the maverick can drop the rappeling rope compared to what it is now, and also in whatever new helicopter is in the DLC.

The Submarine's missile targeting locations looked scripted and mission based but hopefully gamer can use it freely & responsibily in free roam.

explosion bomb GIF by ACloop

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

More like hopefully not. We already have enough insane war machine stuff to deal with, so orbital canon MK2 is a pass. However, this update looks like it will be chock full of it. 

Still not convinced this 7 year old game that barely runs the current map is going to get an island added to it to completely break it. We will "freeroam" it while we set up our heist by filling out the planning board on our submarine, follow a script for the heist and then go back to our usual city to start it over again until we get bored of it.

That bit of negativity out of the way, I really hope they prove me wrong 🙂

Outside of the heist related activities I hope the island is like a nightclub in the sence you cant use weapons and that you can only go there through a cut scene. I hope we get a hangar to store our new cars and maybe the special plane that takes us to the party island. I hope we can use the island in the creator. Maybe also use the yacht to get there somehow. 

I've watched some of the old DLC trailers this morning and I've noticed there used to be a lot revealed in them, like vehicle after vehicle, unlike this last trailer, where apart from the new helicopter and new boats, you don't see much, except for the submarine of course and few more cartoonish vehicles in the thumbnail.

I know we already have hundreds and hundreds of vehicles, so there really isn't that many new vehicles they could add, but still, I'm a little worried. A big part of the trailer is just new music, dancing, venues and new location.

R* either considers a new location and 250 new songs with the biggest new "vehicle" as the biggest DLC ever (with just the largest file size ever) OR they're keeping most of it a secret.

To be honest, I'd rather have only a little revealed in the trailers/announcements and explore/find new additions on my own and be pleasantly surprised than have most of it already shown beforehand and be dissapointed when it's actually released.

What's El Rubio's taste for cars? Is he into modern hyper cars or into classics? Hoping for the latter. 😁

It's a little confusing trailer mentioning the most modern security techology and them still using Willys jeeps and old army trucks. 🤔

Oh well, only 4 more days...

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 2:12 AM, zmurko said:

I've watched some of the old DLC trailers this morning and I've noticed there used to be a lot revealed in them, like vehicle after vehicle, unlike this last trailer, where apart from the new helicopter and new boats, you don't see much, except for the submarine of course and few more cartoonish vehicles in the thumbnail.

I know we already have hundreds and hundreds of vehicles, so there really isn't that many new vehicles they could add, but still, I'm a little worried. A big part of the trailer is just new music, dancing, venues and new location.

R* either considers a new location and 250 new songs with the biggest new "vehicle" as the biggest DLC ever (with just the largest file size ever) OR they're keeping most of it a secret.

To be honest, I'd rather have only a little revealed in the trailers/announcements and explore/find new additions on my own and be pleasantly surprised than have most of it already shown beforehand and be dissapointed when it's actually released.

What's El Rubio's taste for cars? Is he into modern hyper cars or into classics? Hoping for the latter. 😁

It's a little confusing trailer mentioning the most modern security techology and them still using Willys jeeps and old army trucks. 🤔

Oh well, only 4 more days...

That’s likely what they want to achieve with trailers: excitement, wonder, hype and speculation/discussion. seems like it’s working! 😊

I just wish I didn’t have to work on DLC day!

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

On 12/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, pete_95973 said:

i just wish I didn’t have to work on DLC day!

So true. Although I will be on vacation in two weeks so that should be fun, Im thinking of putting together a gaming schedule for that week and sticking to it.  

• Like 1