Tiger King

Jjss924

5 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

If you are locked in the house with Netflix and haven't watched Tiger King, you're doing quarantine wrong.

I refuse to watch that crap! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

If you are locked in the house with Netflix and haven't watched Tiger King, you're doing quarantine wrong.

7 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

I refuse to watch that crap! 

Gentlemen, take your fist fight to the TV Shows thread. Although I will side with Omar but only because I'm not okay with animals being bred for profit and let's face it...what else do you do with an adult tiger besides try to exploit the f*cking thing since it already is costing you tons of money in veterinary and feeding costs. I wish we would not glamorize these industries. R.I.P. Carole Baskin. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 3

It is awful. Every single person they show that owns big cats is awful. They're all s*xual predators from the looks of it. It's also a little scary living in a state that has more of them than there are in the wild, knowing we regularly get hit by tornados. Plus the guy in Ohio that released all of his. Hopefully they all get locked up.

18 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

It is awful. Every single person they show that owns big cats is awful. They're all s*xual predators from the looks of it. It's also a little scary living in a state that has more of them than there are in the wild, knowing we regularly get hit by tornados. Plus the guy in Ohio that released all of his. Hopefully they all get locked up.

But I bet that is what makes the show fascinating, the odd characters. The train-wreck personalities. I dont mind that...just wish people would leave animals alone. Especially the wild exotic ones that serve no purpose except to fill some *sswipes ego. I LOVE cats. Tigers my favorite animal of all time...if i were rich, id sponsor them but never own one. What happens to it if I were to suddenly die? Hopefully, the animal ends up in a sanctuary or worse, neglected in some run down zoo or ridiculous circus. If they really loved the animals they wouldn't have set up the murder of the woman who actually did love them by exposing the dark side of this exotic-animal hobby. Anyways, im getting way off-topic here. 

So in Iran many have died because someone suggested that a known-poison treats the corona virus. Imagine someone coming up to me saying, hey if you swallow Drano, you wont get corona virus. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Con said:

R.I.P. Carole Baskin. 

LOL! She exploited the tigers as much as the other people!

Still no confirmed cases on my county! 🍀

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

44 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

LOL! She exploited the tigers as much as the other people!

Actually, truth is that the lady shouldn’t have had to even start a tiger rescue, if it weren’t for morons that breed them.

@Con she was breeding them. You really have to see the whole series to get a bigger picture of it all. The reason I loved it is that it brings all these people into the light. Hopefully, this will cause a backlash for the people breeding and exhibiting them. Sort of like Blackfish did for Seaworld, etc. These folks are cancer for liberal society. 

19 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

@Con she was breeding them. You really have to see the whole series to get a bigger picture of it all.

Then it wasn't a rescue facility. You cant breed and rescue at the same time. These are truly dumb *ss people. lol

51 minutes ago, Con said:

Then it wasn't a rescue facility. You cant breed and rescue at the same time. These are truly dumb *ss people. lol

I think she changed from breeder to rescue at some point. She seems like a sociopath to me. Either way, it may be more humane to euthanize the cats rather than cage them. Ugly subject.

On topic: do we have any members in NY? They're getting hammered.

Edited by Jjss924

2 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

I think she changed from breeder to rescue at some point. She seems like a sociopath to me. Either way, it may be more humane to euthanize the cats rather than cage them. Ugly subject either way.

Yeah in the end the animal that didn’t ask to be created is the one that suffers and is why I’m can’t support it. 
which brings me to the next fear regarding Covid19....I’m still hoping it doesn’t become zootonic or we will see more  animals being destroyed. 

I thought Carole was not much different to the other people, I mean, she bought many of those cats and kept them in cages.

Big cats are not supposed to be in cages, regardless if you say you've rescued them.

So, while in her own head she may think she's doing a good thing, but when you str*p away the smiles, bullsh*t and lawsuits - she's charging people to enter her park to see cats in cages which she claims to have rescued from cages while using hundreds of volunteer staff to care for the cats and avoid paying salaries.

From what I saw, it wouldn't be hard to breed and rescue at the same time. Nobody really keeps track of breeding and sales when you're the wrong side of legitimate.

• Like 2

I like the part where they ask about her volunteer program. She said something like she doesn't even care to know their names until they've been there for 5 years or so.

25 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

I like the part where they ask about her volunteer program. She said something like she doesn't even care to know their names until they've been there for 5 years or so.

Exactly. She says all that with a fake smile on her face, easy to see through it, although many don't because of their love for big cats.

Her "not for profit" big cat rescue is a glorified private zoo where cats can't really be cats. Only difference between her and the other zoo keepers is she is smart enough to make more than enough people believe her so-called good intentions. However, I do think these people start off with the right intentions before it turns into a money sink, unless you have very deep pockets you'll need to earn some kinda revenue, probably through exploitation.

Then there's the dodgy disappearance of her husband...

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Then there's the dodgy disappearance of her husband...

I wouldn't be too surprised if she got rid of him or he skipped out on his own. That guy was a w*irdo too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Con said:

Man, I dont remember creating this thread. lmao. Im trippin.

You didn’t. I moved this out of the Corona post but messed up and made two posts. I don’t have access to merge them into one post. 

• Thanks 1

Im about to take the plunge. 

I read an article about sports stars distancing themselves from previous ownership/appearances with big cats, it mentioned Shaquille O'Neal and a few others... I’m in!

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Well 1 & 1/2 episodes in and I turned it off to watch Contagion...

Just a bit boring really.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Well 1 & 1/2 episodes in and I turned it off to watch Contagion...

Just a bit boring really.

To be honest, I found the first 1 or 2 episodes a little boring.

Thought it got a lot more interesting, but sometimes you need it to grab your attention from the off.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

To be honest, I found the first 1 or 2 episodes a little boring.

Thought it got a lot more interesting, but sometimes you need it to grab your attention from the off.

I was trying to hold on... really wanted to watch it with the missus but she wouldn’t watch it after seeing some snakes at the beginning, so I was left to watch it alone. The other things I had waiting to watch just called out a little louder.

It also reeks of Netflix documentary which turned me off a little, I really can’t put my finger on what puts me off some of their ‘factual’ stuff. I was the same with Dont f*ck with Cats, managed to get to the end of that through.

9 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I was trying to hold on... really wanted to watch it with the missus but she wouldn’t watch it after seeing some snakes at the beginning, so I was left to watch it alone. The other things I had waiting to watch just called out a little louder.

It also reeks of Netflix documentary which turned me off a little, I really can’t put my finger on what puts me off some of their ‘factual’ stuff. I was the same with Dont f*ck with Cats, managed to get to the end of that through.

Oh yeah I totally get what you're saying.

Netflix docs often skate around some of the issues so that the doc fully suits the agenda and causes maximum shock/outrage.

Producers are told what they can and can't put in. At the end of the day, they don't care, it's still gonna make money.

Same with Murder Mountain. Not once does it mention that the locals are all loaded up on meth. People in Tiger King blatantly are too.

• Like 1